How's Kid Icarus: Uprising?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

xxxxRemmyxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 xxxxRemmyxxxx
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

I read the pro reviews and stuff, but I'd rather hear from you guys. I'm debating on getting it, but the only thing that's really holding me back is a lot of reviews said the gameplay kinda sucks, but I'm willing to overlook that if you can convince me otherwise.

danjin44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 danjin44
Member since 2011 • 333 Posts

I read the pro reviews and stuff, but I'd rather hear from you guys. I'm debating on getting it, but the only thing that's really holding me back is a lot of reviews said the gameplay kinda sucks, but I'm willing to overlook that if you can convince me otherwise.

xxxxRemmyxxxx
It became my favorite 3DS game, and the controlls are fine but it's takes time to get use to, and it has stage so u can practice on.
BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

It's the best recent 3DS game out there, even though it takes awhile to get use to.

oninowon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 oninowon
Member since 2012 • 28 Posts
Not sure what reviews you've been reading since the majority of them gave an 8 or above. Only the review by Destructoid gave it a 5 out of 10. By the year's end, KI will most likely be hailed as one of the best titles of 2012. The only consistent issue across the board has been the controls. If you can get passed that, there is a very entertaining game here.
Pikminmaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#5 Pikminmaniac
Member since 2006 • 11513 Posts

It's easily one of the best 3DS games out there. Like everybody else said, you just need to get used to the controls. Go to the options right away and tinker with them untill you find something comfortable for you (extremely customizable.

emirblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 emirblade
Member since 2008 • 904 Posts

It's my favorite 3DS game. It has TONS of stuff to do, and, like any good game, takes a while to master, but it makes you feel good when you do. Also, the controls can be changed, I don't use the stnad that comes with the game because I just use the butos for the camera (a/b/x/y).

vtbob88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#7 vtbob88
Member since 2007 • 638 Posts

I have only played through a few of the stages, however there is a ton to do in the game. I have already spent time with idols, learning about the weapons and fusing weapons, etc. I havnt even touched the multiplayer and AR portions of the game. Ive hoping to put some more time into the game throughout the week. My only complaint is the controls taking a little getting used to, however after 4 stages I am already pretty comfortable with them. The flying sections are extremely fun and chaotic. The land based missions are fun, however this is really the only time controls may be an issue.

Just3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Just3D
Member since 2012 • 41 Posts

I just picked it up and lovin the game.

NamelessPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 NamelessPlayer
Member since 2004 • 7729 Posts
Best game on the 3DS right now, if you ask me. The singleplayer is pretty straightforward, but with secret weapons to collect and extra routes that open up on higher intensities/difficulties, there's a lot of replay value. It's also frequently silly, funny, and very self-aware. Then there's the multiplayer, with free-for-all deathmatch and 3v3 Light vs. Dark modes if you want to test your mettle against other players or bots. Also, I have no issues with the controls. Touchscreen aiming is more precise anyway. However, I did have to increase the sensitivity to maximum to be more comfortable with it coming from Metroid Prime: Hunters. Also note that if you really can't get used to it, you can either aim with the A/B/X/Y buttons, or use those buttons to move and the built-in Circle Pad to aim. (The Circle Pad Pro basically replicates the built-in Circle Pad while zL acts as R and zR acts as L.)
mario-galaxys

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#10 mario-galaxys
Member since 2011 • 574 Posts

When I first played the game last week, I thought I will have problems with the controls, especially using the stylus. After playing the game for now a week (I have completed the game on Saturday), I am now used to the controls even though they were not made for left-handed gamers like me. I personally find the dialogue quite funny even if the characters are too chatty. [spoiler] That bossy goddess Viridi should have been a boss character in the game and I was disappointed that did not happen. The relationship between the human Magnus and Dark Lord Gaol could have been more fleshed out which leaves questions to be asked. I am quite surprised on the mecha design of the Great Sacred Treasures that Pit received near the end of the game which he used to fight against Hades. Too bad that Hades destroyed it and Pit had to use one of its weapons to defeat him. [/spoiler]

xxxxRemmyxxxx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 xxxxRemmyxxxx
Member since 2012 • 37 Posts

Thanks for the answers. I might check it out then.