How will the downloadable content work on the Wii again ?? I NEED an answer!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 wiidominance
Member since 2006 • 1499 Posts

Hi Gays,

Anyway, I was wondering, regarding the Wiiconnect24, they said it will have the potential of having downloadable content for some games. The questions is, assuming that say they launch a downloadable content for new maps in an FPS game, how will it work since you only have 512 mb of memroy storage, assuming maps will go up to 50-100 mb in size ? And not to forget the fact that a lot of people are downloading VC games which will consume some storage overtime. Was this whole downloadable thing a bluff from nintendo ?? I hope not ....

Someone posts an answer... thanks...

PEACE^^

barinelg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 barinelg
Member since 2003 • 674 Posts
Rumor has it that there will be a USB HDD for the Wii. Also, the SD card slot could be used for this kind of thing. We won't know for sure until the online goes... well, online.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts

Maps that take 100 MB is just incredibly lazy coding. You can use the ingame assests on the game disc with a small file to create a huge map. It just takes effort and skill.

wiidominance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 wiidominance
Member since 2006 • 1499 Posts

Maps that take 100 MB is just incredibly lazy coding. You can use the ingame assests on the game disc with a small file to create a huge map. It just takes effort and skill.

I see ... but then, this will limit the downloadable content to mere maps and other minor additions, if we would to compare it to the Xbox360. right ?

meimnobody