How to have a SSBB Party?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 0

#1 Mr_Me_L33T
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts

I'm looking to have some buddies over to play some Super Smash Bros: Brawl in like a Tourny style. Could someone please help me figure out how to make it interesting for everybody so nobody is really all that bored? Please and thank you!

P.S. If you going to be rude or say something stupid, please don't comment on this. Please and thanks.

louis_was_here

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 louis_was_here
Member since 2006 • 241 Posts

Step 1: Create Tournament Bracket

Step 2: Place non-oily chips on a table nearby

Step 3: Have cold Mtn Dew or Dr.Pepper available at all times

^ That would be good enough for me, to be honest.

Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Mr_Me_L33T

louis_was_here
Thank you so much for actually helping me out with this! I was kinda dredding not having any responses haha. Thanks so much!
Jelley0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Jelley0
Member since 2009 • 1867 Posts

[QUOTE="louis_was_here"]

Mr_Me_L33T

Thank you so much for actually helping me out with this! I was kinda dredding not having any responses haha. Thanks so much!

Yeah just basically make a tournament bracket, you can do it in tournament mode or just do it by going to vs mode and have a bracket written down and know when who goes next

Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Mr_Me_L33T

[QUOTE="Mr_Me_L33T"][QUOTE="louis_was_here"]

Jelley0

Yeah just basically make a tournament bracket, you can do it in tournament mode or just do it by going to vs mode and have a bracket written down and know when who goes next

Well, I had Melee, and I had a gas with that and just got Brawl for 5 bucks from my boss. So, I started playing and decided I wanna have a Tournament, but I just wanted to find out how people would think would be the easiest way to do it and have the most fun with it :D. Do you think it should be 4 player free for all or 1 on 1?
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 Silos911
Member since 2010 • 615 Posts
Depends how many people will be there. How many people are you inviting/expecting
Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Mr_Me_L33T
Depends how many people will be there. How many people are you inviting/expectingSilos911
I would probably invite about 8 or more people? probably anywhere from 8 to 16 I would be for sure inviting.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#8 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
2 hour time limit. Take a drink whenever you get knocked out. Ah good times.
Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Mr_Me_L33T
2 hour time limit. Take a drink whenever you get knocked out. Ah good times.OreoMilkshake
unfortunately, I'm only 18 and have no possible way of getting booze haha. But, I shall for sure keep that in mind :D
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Silos911
[QUOTE="Silos911"]Depends how many people will be there. How many people are you inviting/expectingMr_Me_L33T
I would probably invite about 8 or more people? probably anywhere from 8 to 16 I would be for sure inviting.

For 8 people you will definately want to do 1v1 matches if your are doing it tournament style. If you are just going to play for fun and say winner stays on, or some other way of switching people, you could do free for all with four people. It really depends how you are doing rotations. I definately agree with drinks and some snacks, something to munch on is good. Have fun with this, I wish I had more friends that would like something like this except I only have 1 or 2 that would be interested, if they like games then it'll all be good. Maybe even ask a few of the people invited how they would like to do things, tournament style or just switch offs with first place staying, or some other rule. Good luck
Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Mr_Me_L33T
[QUOTE="Mr_Me_L33T"][QUOTE="Silos911"]Depends how many people will be there. How many people are you inviting/expectingSilos911

For 8 people you will definately want to do 1v1 matches if your are doing it tournament style. If you are just going to play for fun and say winner stays on, or some other way of switching people, you could do free for all with four people. It really depends how you are doing rotations. I definately agree with drinks and some snacks, something to munch on is good. Have fun with this, I wish I had more friends that would like something like this except I only have 1 or 2 that would be interested, if they like games then it'll all be good. Maybe even ask a few of the people invited how they would like to do things, tournament style or just switch offs with first place staying, or some other rule. Good luck

I'm hoping this turns out good. I wanna do some sort of tourny thing, but it all depends on the skill of the people haha. If I could connect my wii to the interwebs, I would battle you haha!
Silos911

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Silos911
[QUOTE="Mr_Me_L33T"][QUOTE="Silos911"][QUOTE="Mr_Me_L33T"] I would probably invite about 8 or more people? probably anywhere from 8 to 16 I would be for sure inviting.

I'm hoping this turns out good. I wanna do some sort of tourny thing, but it all depends on the skill of the people haha. If I could connect my wii to the interwebs, I would battle you haha!

Haha, that'd be awesome. Also make sure to decide how long this is going to be. Depending how long it is and how much your guests like Super Smash Bros, you may want to consider having Mario Kart wii or something to play as well.
Mr_Me_L33T

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mr_Me_L33T
[QUOTE="Silos911"][QUOTE="Mr_Me_L33T"][QUOTE="Silos911"]For 8 people you will definately want to do 1v1 matches if your are doing it tournament style. If you are just going to play for fun and say winner stays on, or some other way of switching people, you could do free for all with four people. It really depends how you are doing rotations. I definately agree with drinks and some snacks, something to munch on is good. Have fun with this, I wish I had more friends that would like something like this except I only have 1 or 2 that would be interested, if they like games then it'll all be good. Maybe even ask a few of the people invited how they would like to do things, tournament style or just switch offs with first place staying, or some other rule. Good luck

Haha, that'd be awesome. Also make sure to decide how long this is going to be. Depending how long it is and how much your guests like Super Smash Bros, you may want to consider having Mario Kart wii or something to play as well.

I've got smash bros, mario kart and new super mario bros., so it should be pretty decent. :D
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts

My local game shop had tournament of smash bros brawl, it was so much fun, every single player had to pay 2$ to enter, winner takes it all

Shadowstar1224

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Shadowstar1224
Member since 2010 • 26 Posts
I know you said "Tourney Style", but nobody will like no items only one character of Final Destination and laughing if someone dares suggest to play anyone other than meta knight.