how to get 40% off 3ds/wiiU games..switch coming soon

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

ok guys... i was checking out the new my nintendo rewards program.

i never paid much attention to it but today i decided to log in. if you havent linked your switch account to the mynintendo website...then do it....

the rewards program has two kinds of currency. platinum coins and gold coins. gold coins you get by purchasing games on your nintendo consoles....platinum points you get from playing games...the only games that work are the mobile games...miitopia/mario run/fire emblem heroes.

anyway go to redeem rewards and there is a section called discounts. guys...this shit is steam sale level stuff...40% off lots of good games.... but downside is its only 3DS and wiiU.... everyone already has most of the games. but... a switch section is coming soon.

busy yourself!

https://my.nintendo.com/?lang=en-US

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Nintendo has fully dropped the ball with My nintendo. The rewards aren't even really rewards. It's just discounts to buy more on games they select. It would be nice it they got back to the digital deluxe deal they had with the wii U, which was basically 5$ credit for every 50$ spent. Win-win. 30% in most cases isn't even that great of deal, if you can get it cheaper online or at gamestop. I'm hoping Nintendo revamps it.

A lot of people spent a lot of $$ on switch software, so it would be nice if they fixed it before all the credit expires.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@The-Butcher248 said:

Nintendo has fully dropped the ball with My nintendo. The rewards aren't even really rewards. It's just discounts to buy more on games they select. It would be nice it they got back to the digital deluxe deal they had with the wii U, which was basically 5$ credit for every 50$ spent. Win-win. 30% in most cases isn't even that great of deal, if you can get it cheaper online or at gamestop. I'm hoping Nintendo revamps it.

A lot of people spent a lot of $$ on switch software, so it would be nice if they fixed it before all the credit expires.

i don't think it is too bad....

the old club nintendo gave you actual physical items....that was pretty cool...

the new my nintendo rewards gives you in game items and game discounts..... i think the second is ultimately a bit more useful....

as for the game selection.... i think it is pretty good....of course if you could you choose any game to discount..that would be better but no company does this....not even steam....they choose the games that are on discount.

anyway...when the switch section comes it will make the service much better imo. i never tried the digital deluxe on wiiU.