How to fill the May-March Gap

This topic is locked from further discussion.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

Interested to hear what you guys think Nintendo should do to fill the gap between May 15-March 2017. It's clearly Nintendo has shifted it's focused to the NX with only one major title for the Wii U on the horizon. Paper Mario. Here's some ideas i had to fill the gap.. what are yours???

1) DLC! Mario Maker, Mario Tennis, Mario Party, and Animal Crossing. Let's fix add to the titles, so people have a reason to play/buy them.

2) 3rd Party Support - Try and get some big 2016 holiday titles to release on the Wii U. Maybe Watch Dogs 2.

3) Virtual Console... The key here is to announce the NX will include all games purchased on the Wii U Eshop. This way i don't feel like i'm throwing money away! Fill up on Wii and N64 titles.

4) Remaster Gamecube Titles or Best of Gamecube disc.

What do you think?? What will nintendo do to keep interest up over the next 10 months?!?

Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

They can't.

Nintendo has officially mailed it in when it comes to the Wii U. It's a dead console, the only thing it will get is a poor version of the next Zelda game.

There's a reason there's going to be nothing at E3 for the Wii U besides lower quality Zelda.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

@Jaysonguy said:

They can't.

Nintendo has officially mailed it in when it comes to the Wii U. It's a dead console, the only thing it will get is a poor version of the next Zelda game.

There's a reason there's going to be nothing at E3 for the Wii U besides lower quality Zelda.

I wouldn't bank on that, as many people consider the GCN version to be superior to the Wii version of Twilight Princess. Being built ground up for your target platform tends to give you a better experience on that platform. For example, if the NX doesn't do something with a touch screen, then touch screen specific features will only be found on the Wii U version. Given that the game was built for the Wii U in mind, the UI would be better served on the Wii U version. That's just one potential example anyway. My point is, I wouldn't guarantee that the Wii U will get the poor version of the Zelda game considering the last time they did this.

Also, TC did mention "should" in his opening sentence, not "could". What should they do, not what could they do.

Personally, I think they should just give up on the Wii U entirely outside the things they've already got going for it (Paper Mario, Zelda and Fire Emblem #FE). Move on to NX and ensure that it doesn't fail like the Wii U did. Maybe they could throw out a few smaller titles (e.g games like NES Remix, Mother 3, etc.).

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

I have no idea what they're gonna do. It's not like their 3DS lineup looks any better. Although Pokemon Sun and Moon come out this fall, so that's something.

As for me personally, I'll be catching up on my overflowing backlog... Want to finish up the last 3D Zelda I haven't played (Skyward Sword) and then maybe I'll pick up copies of Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze and Super Mario 3D World before I can only find copies of the fugly Nintendo Selects cover. :P

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 The-Butcher248

Nintendo will still support the console, even though there may not be a major release. Perhaps we'll get a digital game or something, but i can't see them completely focusing on mobile/NX. They'll need to generate some revenue this year and to hype the upcoming console. I'd let to see them maybe see them tie and Wii U game with the NX. Perhaps something like Animal Crossing. Think that could be a cool experience. We'll see. I hope nintendo doesn't soley focus on NX, as it has potential to be delayed even further than March 2017.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Just when you think Nintendo can not possibly fall any lower, it happens. One game at E3? That can not be right. Additional software will be shown but as of yet hasn't been announced. Right? Almost one year to go before the new console is released and almost nothing is being made available. Do we have any concrete release dates for the new Paper Mario or anything else? Basically anyone with a Wii U has to come to the understanding that Nintendo has jumped off this console faster than third class passengers jumping off the Titanic and as such, expect practically nothing.

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 The-Butcher248

I also wouldn't be surprised if they did another round of Nintendo Selects. Games like Mario Wii U, Hyrule Warriors, Mario Kart, Game and Wario.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#8  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

I like your recommendations, i agree Nintendo has to find something to release or they are walking away from a lot of money. And i think we all know we are talking millions of copies sold theyre walking away from on just the Wii U.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

@The-Butcher248: You have good ideas. I am ok with the amount of games now as I have a large backlog of Wii and Wii U games to play. I did kind-of assume that all of the games on the digital stores Wii and Wii U would be available on the NX, but I would feel better hearing it officially announced by Nintendo. I feel Nintendo could release some safe information about the NX that does not inform their competitors about NX specifications such backwards compatibility, Wii and Wii U digital game downloads, and what the NX store will be like. I do have some more old arcade classics and others on my wish list to download from the Wii stores (Wii Ware an Wii Virtual Console) and Wii U store. I do still need to pick up a copy of Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker.

roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts

I have a nice backlog. I'm still on Chapter 10 of Xenoblade X and still feel like some more sidequesting, I still enjoy Smash Bros and Mario Maker. Also, I got Monster Hunter 3 for Wii U late last summer and only put 12 hours into it. I recently started it up again so I plan on that as well. I also want to get back to Earthbound as well. Plenty to do on my WiiU still.

I also have my 3DS with stuff to do including Ocarina of Time and Monster Hunter 4. I'm keeping my eye on the summer jrpgs coming out on 3DS as well.

I also even started a new playthrough of Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion on my PS3!

I can easily fill my time until March, 2017. This will also help me save up my money if NX looks like it's what I want.