How Nintendo could do a Luigi's Mansion Sequel

This topic is locked from further discussion.

AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts

I know that there is a Luigi's Mansion sequel coming out for the 3DS next year, but I think if Nintendo decided to make a Luigi's Mansion sequel for the Wii U, here is some ideas that could really make it shine and take advantage of the GamePad and the console itself.

1. First Person POV

The original game made the mansion itself look like The Haunted Mansion at Disneyland, it was able to blend horror elements and tongue in cheek perfectly and provided a unique gaming experience. However, what could make the sequel stand out would be to have the game take place in a first person perspective like ZombiU. Using the WiiMote you can point your flashlight at ghosts that appear and use the Nunchuck to control the gust of wind from the vaccuum and the GamePad can be introduced as your successor to the GameBoy Horror, called the GhostPad with a few added features. Lifting the GhostPad up to the TV can make it a Thermal Sensor to detect levels of Paranormal Activity or hidden items and keeping it in your lap makes it a Ghost Radar ala Ghost Hunters, whenever a ghost is nearby, the GhostPad will go off, revealing it's location on a radar. The First Person Perspective will also increase the overall tension of the game, making the ghosts popping out in front of you more intense.

2.New Storyline

Living in the shadow of his brother and after the events of Luigi's Mansion, Mario convinced Luigi to open his own Paranormal Investigation Agency and help the Mushroom Kingdom with a paranormal epidemic. Much like the 3DS iteration, you'll go to different locales and face different types of spirits, all the while, getting upgrades for both your GhostPad and your vaccuum.

3.New Elements

You'll also see the return of the elemental effects from Luigi's Mansion as well as some new elements like Lightning, you can aquire lightning by absorbing electricity from electrical objects (just go with it) and with the WiiMote you can point and shoot lightning at a broken fuse to turn on the lights in the room. Eliminating all the ghosts.

That's all I have so far, feel free to chime in any ideas.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 2

#2 AvatarMan96
Member since 2010 • 7324 Posts
I know that there is a Luigi's Mansion sequel coming out for the 3DS next yearAlwaysParagon
I was about to say... lol
AlwaysParagon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 AlwaysParagon
Member since 2012 • 102 Posts
[QUOTE="AlwaysParagon"]I know that there is a Luigi's Mansion sequel coming out for the 3DS next yearAvatarMan96
I was about to say... lol

Yeah, I'm just putting in my ten cents about how they could use the Wii U's technology to their advantage.
Bangerman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#4 Bangerman15
Member since 2010 • 1978 Posts
they should make one for the wii u it could have alot of potential, but were getting the 3ds one instead which isn't bad, but the game would fit better on the wii u that's for sure
Avatar image for QuebecSuperstar
QuebecSuperstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 QuebecSuperstar
Member since 2006 • 4178 Posts

I like your ideas.

Plus they could make a competitive mode where, just like in NintendoLand, one player is a ghost and the other one is Luigi. I really hope we get a Luigi's Mansion game on the WiiU.

Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#6 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts

they should make one for the wii u it could have alot of potential, but were getting the 3ds one instead which isn't bad, but the game would fit better on the wii u that's for sureBangerman15
The reason the 3DS is getting a sequel is because the first Luigi's Mansion was designed with 3D in mind but Nintendo never released the 3D gaming peripheral. When they released the 3DS they thought about Luigi's Mansion and figured now we can make Luigi's Mansion with the 3D capabilities and still leave them in.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
I really like watching Luigi. All his little visual gags added a lot of charm to the game, and that would be lost in a first person perspective.
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Use the WiiMote Motion + as the PolterGust and maybe make it third person over the shoulder camera