How much do you care about Streetpass?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

getsmizacked

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 getsmizacked
Member since 2012 • 67 Posts

For me personally, it's one of my favorite parts of owning a 3DS. Besides the games of course.

Also, about how many steps and streetpasses do you average daily?

I average about 3000 steps per day and maybe meet about 1 unique Mii per day. Happens mostly at school.

Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#2 Pixel-Perfect
Member since 2009 • 5778 Posts
Since I got Fire Emblem, quite a bit! I've been keeping it with me everyday at work in the hopes of encountering new teams. So far I've ran into around ten different FE players. :) I hope Pokemon has a similarly awesome streetpass feature, 'cause FE is just about the only compelling one for me.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Rod90
Member since 2008 • 7269 Posts
A hell lot I care. I carry ot with me whenever I can; I love the minigames of the streetpass plaza. And Pixel, it's kinda obvious that Pokemon XY will use streetpass somehow. Maybe automatic trading with players? :)
Suikojin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Suikojin
Member since 2005 • 333 Posts

I love it! I take my 3DS with me to work every day. I usually do about 8000 steps at day, and get at least 2 new street passes. Although when summer comes I can average about 5 new ones a day.

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I love StreetPass. I always love seeing all the new Mii's That come into my STreetPass Lobby and i love the Find Mii adventure :). 

RiKanKiDD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#6 RiKanKiDD
Member since 2007 • 1059 Posts

I also average 13,000 steps a day. I walk alot

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
In Korea, no one has 3DS. and if I ever see one, their name doesn't show up properly because NA 3DS doesn't support Korean font.
xGamePlayerx19

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 xGamePlayerx19
Member since 2008 • 379 Posts

Quite a bit, it's pretty fun actually. I usually try to bring it with me whenever I can, and average around 4 to 5 thousand steps. I love when I streetpass someone though it happens rarely sadly. The Find Mii adventures and Picture Puzzles are entertaining.

1PMrFister

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#9 1PMrFister
Member since 2010 • 3134 Posts

I've been walking around campus with my 3DS a lot more lately now that Fire Emblem is out. I've actually gotten a handful of tags from other people who have it, and it's pretty nifty. Game's selling better than I thought it would, at least at this town.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#10 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts
I walked around with my 3DS one day around campus but didn't get anything. Got discouraged, might try it again.
HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

It isn't a huge deal, but I do tag the odd person here and there. When I build up a fair amount of coins I use them for Find Mii. Currently playing through Find Mii for the third time and Find Mii II for the first time. I just finished upgrading to my 3DS XL and can use the 2 systems to my advantage in that sense. The puzzles are fun, but I tend to waste tons of coins to get duplicate pieces.... which is frustrating as I'll have 40 piece puzzles just sitting there with 2 pieces, but the game insists on selecting a puzzle that is almost complete.

The pedometer is a nice feature too. On days that I take my 3DS with me to work I tend to get between 2000-4000 steps. Today I went to go pick up my copy of Etrian Odyssey IV and ended up with 7000 steps. 

The University close to my work holds an anime convention every year and I'm hoping to get multiple spotpass hits during this time. I didn't own a 3DS last year, but I imagine that is my best chance to tag 100+ people in a day and complete my puzzles. 

ANIMEguy10034

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ANIMEguy10034
Member since 2008 • 4955 Posts

I'm finally appreciating Streetpass, especially after I bought Fire Emblem Awakening. I become so excited whenever I see the green light. :P

I don't walk with it everyday, but when I do, I get an average of 6,000 steps.

limpbizkit818

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 limpbizkit818
Member since 2004 • 15044 Posts
Can't wait to take my 3DS to Pax East in a few weeks. Going to be street passing all day.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Not at all.
Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I take mine to college with me every day. Usually get around five streetpasses. I enjoy the mini games in the plaza. Need to get FE, that will give me another thing to look forward to streetpassing for :P
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

I love it in regards to Find Mii and gathering puzzle pieces. NSMB2 is pretty decent as well. I got 20 victories so far and I don't think anyone beat my 25,000 score in the Nerve-Wrack pack. :P It's only unfortunate my city isn't too populated. Sometimes I get one or two tags when I walk around the mall, and very rarely do I get one otherwise besides school campus. Me and about 3-4 other people in my university campus pass each other frequently. They've helped tremendously in Find Mii. I take trips to larger cities and gather much more tags. In those times I can finally rack up some good rare puzzle pieces.

Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#17 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
Never bothered to look up what it even is
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Rod90
Never bothered to look up what it even isLegolas_Katarn
Brilliant.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Pixel-Perfect

And Pixel, it's kinda obvious that Pokemon XY will use streetpass somehow.Rod90

Well sure, but that's why the key word was awesome. Xat-chew.gif

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts

[QUOTE="Rod90"] And Pixel, it's kinda obvious that Pokemon XY will use streetpass somehow.Pixel-Perfect

I have a feeling it's going to work similarly to FE Awakening, like how you save your streetpass team and whenever you streetpass someone, you battle their streetpass team. I also hope they have Join Avenue return for 6th gen, I think it has potential to be a lot more on 3DS. With a proper mall-building sim built into it.
Pixel-Perfect

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Pixel-Perfect

[QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

[QUOTE="Rod90"] And Pixel, it's kinda obvious that Pokemon XY will use streetpass somehow.funsohng

I have a feeling it's going to work similarly to FE Awakening, like how you save your streetpass team and whenever you streetpass someone, you battle their streetpass team.  

I'm hoping so! Pokemon has a lot of potential for Streetpass. 

Will47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Will47
Member since 2007 • 6824 Posts
I used to work at a bookstore that sold some games. A few times I struck up a conversation with someone buying a 3DS game and mentioned to bring their 3DS when they came to the store "you could get a few streetpasses that way," only to get the response "what's that"? :P I personally don't get it, why spend over a hundred dollars on a piece of hardware and not even know its in's and out's? Don't have to use it, but why wouldn't you know what it does?
Legolas_Katarn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 1

#23 Legolas_Katarn
Member since 2003 • 15556 Posts
[QUOTE="Legolas_Katarn"]Never bothered to look up what it even isWill47
I used to work at a bookstore that sold some games. A few times I struck up a conversation with someone buying a 3DS game and mentioned to bring their 3DS when they came to the store "you could get a few streetpasses that way," only to get the response "what's that"? :P I personally don't get it, why spend over a hundred dollars on a piece of hardware and not even know its in's and out's? Don't have to use it, but why wouldn't you know what it does?

The name streetpass made me assume it has to do with being near or passing other 3DS or something with wireless internet and being in different areas. Completely useless to me.
Rod90

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 Rod90

[QUOTE="funsohng"][QUOTE="Pixel-Perfect"]

Pixel-Perfect

I have a feeling it's going to work similarly to FE Awakening, like how you save your streetpass team and whenever you streetpass someone, you battle their streetpass team.  

I'm hoping so! Pokemon has a lot of potential for Streetpass. 

Yeah, streetpass kinda fails with games that are not so popular, but pokemon always sells a trazillion copies. :P
Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
Same here, I have no clue, and/or , dont care.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#26 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

Streetpass is an irrelevant feature to me.

BigBen11111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 BigBen11111
Member since 2003 • 1529 Posts

Only when I'm out walking about.

Cloud_765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 46

#28 Cloud_765
Member since 2008 • 111411 Posts
What's a StreetPass? But in all seriousness no I pay like 0 attention to it.
Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#29 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34770 Posts

I've had a 3DS since launch, and gotten about 10 streetpass hits. 9 of those 10 is my friend. Streetpass is pretty useless for me in other words. If people have 3DSs here in Sweden, they sure don't have streetpass on.

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

I really liked it when I got the system, but with time I don't really care. I don't really get any new puzzle parts, got most hats, I'm on 300 coins for months now and I rarely meet someone with the same games even though I own a lot of games

Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#31 Yoweeh
Member since 2008 • 3025 Posts

I care about StreetPass... a lot!! So much, haha. I take my 3DS basically everywhere with me.

I've encountered 50 unique Miis and I recently got two from different states from my road trip this weekend. I've only had my 3DS since January too.

I just love collecting hats and puzzle pieces tbh.

rubber-chicken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 rubber-chicken
Member since 2009 • 2081 Posts
I've gotta say Find Mii is really annoying, you recruit either the Miis that you find on StreetPass on the off occasion, or you spend coins on those dogs, both which run away after inflicting barely any damage on the enemy if any at all. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?
simomate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 simomate
Member since 2011 • 1875 Posts

For me personally, it's one of my favorite parts of owning a 3DS. Besides the games of course.

Also, about how many steps and streetpasses do you average daily?

I average about 3000 steps per day and maybe meet about 1 unique Mii per day. Happens mostly at school.

getsmizacked
I loved Street Pass at first, but I don't bother with it much anymore. It used to be exciting going out and walking around and being suprised that I actually walked past people looking for street passes themselves! It puts a different perspective on things, imo. None of the games I've played uses street pass in a way that interests me though. Except maybe Kid Icarus but I haven't really passed anyone with that game.
LongZhiZi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 LongZhiZi
Member since 2009 • 2453 Posts
I don't care at all because nobody here owns the system for me to Streetpass with. Heck, I couldn't even tell you what happens if you do pass someone with it!
RoniHot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 RoniHot
Member since 2013 • 219 Posts
I flippin' love streetpass. I got a mii randomly while driving to work this morning (either that or someone at work has a 3DS). I was a bit discouraged at first because I was all over Boulder on Saturday and took it with me- the mall, the game store, near the college dorms, and I didn't get one Mii. I thought it was weird considering where I was, but then I realized that college kids probably can't afford a 3DS. I might try taking it to the mall this weekend.
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 Yoweeh

I flippin' love streetpass. I got a mii randomly while driving to work this morning (either that or someone at work has a 3DS). I was a bit discouraged at first because I was all over Boulder on Saturday and took it with me- the mall, the game store, near the college dorms, and I didn't get one Mii. I thought it was weird considering where I was, but then I realized that college kids probably can't afford a 3DS. I might try taking it to the mall this weekend. RoniHot

I don't know if your American, the the 3DS demo consoles at Gamestops have streetpass. I just double check to make sure they have its wireless turned on, and if its off, I usually play through Venture Mii or Puzzle Swap first to make sure I get some extra goodies kehehe

HowlingLotus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 HowlingLotus
Member since 2012 • 657 Posts

Sometimes Streetpass confuses me. I have my 3DS XL and I occassionally take my regular 3DS with me if I want to try and get puzzles pieces to help my main account or for Find Mii. Today I happened to take both with me and kept them in the same area of my bag. As expected they tagged each other, but my XL tagged a random male Mii and my regular 3DS tagged a random female Mii. Shouldn't both systems tagged both Miis?

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
i think its a awesome feature sadly beside a gamestop employee i rarely find other humans, i guess i live in the wrong area of town
Yoweeh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39 Yoweeh

Sometimes Streetpass confuses me. I have my 3DS XL and I occassionally take my regular 3DS with me if I want to try and get puzzles pieces to help my main account or for Find Mii. Today I happened to take both with me and kept them in the same area of my bag. As expected they tagged each other, but my XL tagged a random male Mii and my regular 3DS tagged a random female Mii. Shouldn't both systems tagged both Miis?

HowlingLotus

That is really strange. I can't even think of how that'd happen.

moby323moby323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#40 moby323moby323
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts
I love it. Carry mine everywhere trying to get stuff for Animal Crossing: New Leaf.
-Water-Wings-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 -Water-Wings-
Member since 2006 • 1099 Posts

I really would like to check out the Streetpass but I don't have internet at home. :(