how many years more?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

cyber_jc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 cyber_jc
Member since 2005 • 316 Posts
how many more years is the ds's life gonna be? will it last like around 5 more years in the business or what?
WHEEPOW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 WHEEPOW
Member since 2009 • 35 Posts
Haha, i don't rly get the quesiton, but Nintendo(r) defenitly won't stop, its just like Apple(r)
Cardeastar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 110

#3 Cardeastar
Member since 2009 • 78 Posts
Do you mean ds as a brand? It could pretty much last indefinitely. But if you go by the gameboy 5-6years left and then time for a re brand. Gameboy was dominate for 10 years ( longer but im not including certain things) so i recone 10years is defiantly fair for ds shelf life. After that it maybe changed to much away from the original and need re branding.
Burning-Sludge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Burning-Sludge
Member since 2008 • 4068 Posts
The DS has the potential to last indefinitely (like the PS2) unless it is killed off by the company that created it (like the PS2).
TankZorz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TankZorz
Member since 2004 • 1836 Posts
The DS has the potential to last indefinitely (like the PS2) unless it is killed off by the company that created it (like the PS2).Burning-Sludge
Very true.
Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#6 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts
Probably 2 more years. The dsi comes out this year, 2 years later = ds2.
Avatar image for deactivated-63f6895020e66
deactivated-63f6895020e66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 deactivated-63f6895020e66
Member since 2004 • 21177 Posts
The Ds has everything to a last a lot more: The userbase, the hardware sales, the software sales, the profitability and the third party appeal. I'm betting 2-3 years. maybe more, if the DSi is successful.
Night-kitsune

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Night-kitsune
Member since 2009 • 137 Posts
3 years
meiaman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#9 meiaman
Member since 2006 • 3300 Posts

I think 2009, 2010 and 2011 will be the golden age for the DS.

At 2012 it will start to die.

jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#10 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
Questioning is confusing. If comparing the DS to Gameboy/ GBC/ GBA, a few more years. If you mean Dual Screen as a franchise similar to Gameboy (or Playstation, or Nintendo, or) then I would agree with the person who said 10 years strong. NDS came out in what 2003? Give the DSi a year or two of life, and by the end of 2010 that's 7 years. When an improved Dual Screen is released, you can gaurantee an easy 3 years, placing total life span at 3 years. I think an improved Dual Screen can easily dominate the hand held market, that is until PSP can count your cholesterol level..
joke_man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 joke_man
Member since 2005 • 1177 Posts

Questioning is confusing. If comparing the DS to Gameboy/ GBC/ GBA, a few more years. If you mean Dual Screen as a franchise similar to Gameboy (or Playstation, or Nintendo, or) then I would agree with the person who said 10 years strong. NDS came out in what 2003? Give the DSi a year or two of life, and by the end of 2010 that's 7 years. When an improved Dual Screen is released, you can gaurantee an easy 3 years, placing total life span at 3 years. I think an improved Dual Screen can easily dominate the hand held market, that is until PSP can count your cholesterol level..jjtiebuckle

I'm pretty sure the NDS wasn't released until the very end (Nov or Dec) of 2004. It is just over 4 years old. I give it the beginning of 2012...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 1425678786655
Member since 2003 • 410 Posts

i give it a couple more years, however i need to upgrade my DS phat to a dsi this year.

i do kinda want the ds to die though... cuz i mean cmon with the wii and ds and their sales and how bad@ss they are imagine the next handheld and the graphics/gameplay and what not will be twice as good and all kinds of other crazy stuff.

well maybe im the only one that cant wait to see whats in store next cuz i still rememeber myreaction when ds first came out. i mean it was super mario 64 on the DS!! and i got first shipment :P maybe theyll remake super mario sunshine on DS2 for its release :o

Gatcho

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 48

#13 Gatcho
Member since 2008 • 51 Posts
hmmm maybe 2 more years at the very least
Nanu-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#14 Nanu-
Member since 2008 • 873 Posts
Like 3 years more.
dese1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#15 dese1
Member since 2007 • 447 Posts

i give it a couple more years, however i need to upgrade my DS phat to a dsi this year.

i do kinda want the ds to die though... cuz i mean cmon with the wii and ds and their sales and how bad@ss they are imagine the next handheld and the graphics/gameplay and what not will be twice as good and all kinds of other crazy stuff.

well maybe im the only one that cant wait to see whats in store next cuz i still rememeber myreaction when ds first came out. i mean it was super mario 64 on the DS!! and i got first shipment :P maybe theyll remake super mario sunshine on DS2 for its release :o

i think the big thing about the ds's success is that it is easily accesible, and that means cost wise as well, a new system would mean it woould cost more money, if there is anything nintendo should learn from this gen is to keep it cheap. the ds didnt hit its real peak until the reduced priced ds lite, i think the dsi is a bad idea for the western market cuz it may deter people from buying the lite and its also is too costly for most, this is just my opinion

as for the life of the ds, i wanna say 5 years but i think they will release a new system around psp2's release date(2yrs), and i hope sony learns a lesson about high priced consoles and handhelds from this gen lol