How Long Are We Going To Keep Fooling Ourselves?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 0

#1 Nick11478
Member since 2006 • 1628 Posts

Alright people. I don't know why the Wii can't get any good titles on the shelves. The only thing of interest to me right now is Battalion Wars 2, and Fifa 08... Don't you think with all the potential that the Wii has, you would see so many better titles. People say that you get what you pay for... Well Nintendo really proves that. I thought that the Wii would have so much more out by now. I think it's time that we realize this system is going nowhere. Even with SSBB and Mario Galaxy coming out.. 2 games are not going to make a difference.

This is so frustrating knowing that I spent 250 bucks on rubbish.

SovSnipe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 SovSnipe
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts
Other than the big three, and a few others, not much else grabs my interest.
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Pit_of_Icarus
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
I'm happy with the games coming out, just because you don't like them doesn't mean everyone is "fooling themselves".
Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#4 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts
Just my opinion but u guys are crazy. There's about 15-20 games coming out this year (supposedly) that I'm considering buying.

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Nick11478

Just my opinion but u guys are crazy. There's about 15-20 games coming out this year (supposedly) that I'm considering buying.

Conjuration

I'd love you to list those!

theICE_MAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 theICE_MAN
Member since 2007 • 538 Posts

bwii, ssbb, mp3, smg, endless ocean, madden 08, and prolly mysims all this year.

yeah if only there were more... wtf?

Avatar image for nintendo_fan675
nintendo_fan675

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nintendo_fan675
Member since 2007 • 14578 Posts
4 Games this year on the Wii that I want. I think thats good enough
Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Nick11478

bwii, ssbb, mp3, smg, endless ocean, madden 08, and prolly mysims all this year.

theICE_MAN

Endless Ocean... Are you being serious?

liljio14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#9 liljio14
Member since 2007 • 2193 Posts

theICE_MAN

1. strikers
  2. dbzt3
  3. fire emblem
  4. medal ofhonor
  5. nights
  6. table tennis
  7. manhunt when everthat comes out
  8. bully
  9. resdientevil umbrella
  10. wii-fit
how much u want add myl ist and that other guy
Pit_of_Icarus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Pit_of_Icarus
Member since 2007 • 93 Posts
[QUOTE="theICE_MAN"]

Nick11478

Endless Ocean... Are you being serious?

I think that game looks cool, I want to be eaten alive by a shark.(without actually dying)
evilhydra2003

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 evilhydra2003
Member since 2004 • 90 Posts

Im sorry your not enjoying your console, But just because you don't like all the games doesn't mean everyone doesn't like them.

I love my Wii, And quite a few people can tell me I have a bad "taste" in games but I don't really care I play games just to have fun and thats all that matters, If I am fooling myself im glad I am.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 nakasa5
Member since 2005 • 1429 Posts

Well for a system to keep me feeling satisfied I only need about 4 or 5 awesome games and then only a couple ok ones. To me the Wii has Zelda, RE4 (I dont have a gc or ps2), and SPM right now. Soon there will be the Big 3, and all of them have great replay value. Also, Madden, Tiger 08, BWii, and Mario Kart. All of that is in the next 3 quarters!

I have a 360, and I remember it took about a year for there to be a lot of good games for it. For the longest time all there I had was CoD2, Ghost Recon, and Oblivion and now there is much more. The Wii hasn't been out long enough yet! It's doing a lot better than the PS3!

I think the verbage "stop kidding ourselves" is a little strong and you need to be a little more patient. You're lucky you even have a Wii. They are still sold out almost everywhere!

Nick11478

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Nick11478

Well for a system to keep me feeling satisfied I only need about 4 or 5 awesome games and then only a couple ok ones. To me the Wii has Zelda, RE4 (I dont have a gc or ps2), and SPM right now. Soon there will be the Big 3, and all of them have great replay value. Also, Madden, Tiger 08, BWii, and Mario Kart. All of that is in the next 3 quarters!

I have a 360, and I remember it took about a year for there to be a lot of good games for it. For the longest time all there I had was CoD2, Ghost Recon, and Oblivion and now there is much more. The Wii hasn't been out long enough yet! It's doing a lot better than the PS3!

I think the verbage "stop kidding ourselves" is a little strong and you need to be a little more patient. You're lucky you even have a Wii. They are still sold out almost everywhere!

nakasa5

Right now I'm saving up for a 360. IMO the 360 is the best out right now.

Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

Alright people. I don't know why the Wii can't get any good titles on the shelves. The only thing of interest to me right now is Battalion Wars 2, and Fifa 08... Don't you think with all the potential that the Wii has, you would see so many better titles. People say that you get what you pay for... Well Nintendo really proves that. I thought that the Wii would have so much more out by now. I think it's time that we realize this system is going nowhere. Even with SSBB and Mario Galaxy coming out.. 2 games are not going to make a difference.

This is so frustrating knowing that I spent 250 bucks on rubbish.

Nick11478

Okay...thw Wii has not reached it's full potential yet. The thrid party developers are learning that they can't just port games to this system.They have to be made from the ground up.

Besides systems take awhile before the start getting really good. Even though the Wii may not be the graphics machines thatthe 360 and PS3 are the development teams, again need to learn to devolop games for these systems.

And look at the PS3 it's still a fledgeling of a console yet it can be preatty leet by combining motion senstivity with graphics.

The 360 seems somewhat better but then again the developers have had time with the system.

If your so blinded by your lack of patientes is that powerful go sell your Wii to some one who wants one. And then buy one when the system has reached it's full potential.

Conjuration

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#15 Conjuration
Member since 2006 • 3562 Posts

[QUOTE="Conjuration"]Just my opinion but u guys are crazy. There's about 15-20 games coming out this year (supposedly) that I'm considering buying.

Nick11478

I'd love you to list those!

Ok, but remember, these are games that interst ME. I'm not saying they're all AAA, gold star games, but they're still the one's I'm keeping an eye on.
All scheduled for a 2007 release:

1. Brawl
  2. Galaxy
  3. MP3
  4. Trauma Center: New Blood
  5. Godzilla: Unleashed
  6. Guilty Gear AC
  7. BWii
  8. Guitar Hero III
  9. FFCC: The Crystal Bearers
  10. Fishing Master
  11. Fire Emblem: Goddess of Dawn
  12. RE: UC (this one might fall off the list with a bad review)
  13. Soul Caliber Legends
  14. Ultimate Duck Hunting
  15. Rygar the battle of Argus

And some soon to come TBA's are:
  16. Harvest Moon
  17. Manhunt 2
  18. No More Heroes
  19. Dragon Quest Swords
  20. Bleach

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Constant-Ra1n
Member since 2007 • 410 Posts
Look at the gamecube. In its lifetime it had about 10 good games worth buying. Wii will probably go down the same road since it is practically a next gen gamecube. Unless you are into excersise, music, or sports games, wii only has about 5 good games coming out. I will probably wait a year or so to buy one or maybe not all. Why couldnt nintendo just make a gamecube two instead of a silly motion sensor wii.
nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nakasa5
[QUOTE="nakasa5"]

Nick11478

Right now I'm saving up for a 360. IMO the 360 is the best out right now.

The 360 is a great choice, especially if you're a competitve gamer who wants to go online. The Wii is definitely not for that. BUT- I would caution against gettging rid of you Wii. I have been gaming for 18 years and Nintendo always comes out with titles that stand the test of time. That's exactly why we are all downloading a ton of game son the VC today. The Wii will live up to the Nintendo legacy.

Famicomman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#18 Famicomman
Member since 2006 • 2467 Posts

Look at the gamecube. In its lifetime it had about 10 good games worth buying. Wii will probably go down the same road since it is practically a next gen gamecube. Unless you are into excersise, music, or sports games, wii only has about 5 good games coming out. I will probably wait a year or so to buy one or maybe not all. Why couldnt nintendo just make a gamecube two instead of a silly motion sensor wii.Constant-Ra1n

The Wii has way more potential then the purple lunch box did.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Constant-Ra1n

[QUOTE="Constant-Ra1n"]Look at the gamecube. In its lifetime it had about 10 good games worth buying. Wii will probably go down the same road since it is practically a next gen gamecube. Unless you are into excersise, music, or sports games, wii only has about 5 good games coming out. I will probably wait a year or so to buy one or maybe not all. Why couldnt nintendo just make a gamecube two instead of a silly motion sensor wii.Famicomman

The Wii has way more potential then the purple lunch box did.

Don't forget, the Wii has a purple lunchbox inside of it.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 nakasa5

Look at the gamecube. In its lifetime it had about 10 good games worth buying. Wii will probably go down the same road since it is practically a next gen gamecube. Unless you are into excersise, music, or sports games, wii only has about 5 good games coming out. I will probably wait a year or so to buy one or maybe not all. Why couldnt nintendo just make a gamecube two instead of a silly motion sensor wii.Constant-Ra1n

Because Nintendo dares to be different than the tired hashed out gameply of Sony and Microsoft. That's why the DS outselss the PSP everywhere, and why the Wii is doing the same to the other consoles. People want something DIFFERENT. The system hasn't even been out a year though, and you are tearing it up. It takes AT LEAST a year to develop a great game, and most developers haven't had enough time yet.

If you want to move your thumbs over and over again on other systems then fine. I want a fresh and interactive experience coupled with classic Nintendo polished games, the VC, and all at a lesser price than the other guys.

nakasa5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 nakasa5
actaully it has an XBox inside of it.
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#22 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts

Why do people think that just because they aren't happy, that no one is happy.I am getting the big three, dragon blade, soul calibur legends, live 08, and a few more titles.Then next year I will be getting Mario Kart, Sonic/Mario at olympics, Batallion Wars, Endless Ocean and a few more titles. So i'm more than pleased sucks that you are not.

Constant-Ra1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Constant-Ra1n

[QUOTE="Constant-Ra1n"]Look at the gamecube. In its lifetime it had about 10 good games worth buying. Wii will probably go down the same road since it is practically a next gen gamecube. Unless you are into excersise, music, or sports games, wii only has about 5 good games coming out. I will probably wait a year or so to buy one or maybe not all. Why couldnt nintendo just make a gamecube two instead of a silly motion sensor wii.nakasa5

Because Nintendo dares to be different than the tired hashed out gameply of Sony and Microsoft. That's why the DS outselss the PSP everywhere, and why the Wii is doing the same to the other consoles. People want something DIFFERENT. The system hasn't even been out a year though, and you are tearing it up. It takes AT LEAST a year to develop a great game, and most developers haven't had enough time yet.

If you want to move your thumbs over and over again on other systems then fine. I want a fresh and interactive experience coupled with classic Nintendo polished games, the VC, and all at a lesser price than the other guys.

I agree. I am just waiting for those great games to come out and nintendos upcoming lame fads(wiifitness, music) to pass, before I buy myself a wii. I remember gamecubes first couple of years and they were weak. Nintendo always comes through with quality, not an overwhelming amount of multi platform games and cookie cutter fps. I hope they will give us nintendo loyalists a good handfull of games down the road.

JckDsht

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 JckDsht
Member since 2007 • 421 Posts
excite truck---i still play this game over and over!
ssx blur
zelda
re4
thdj
TW 07
spm

thats wasted way too much time these last 7 months already
and more is coming
yonnex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 yonnex
Member since 2006 • 1265 Posts
If your stupid enough not to see the quailty staring you in the face send your wii my way i could use it in my bedroom
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#26 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts

a long time... ;)

marioman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 marioman1
Member since 2006 • 60 Posts
How long are we going to see this same topic over and over?
diemjoker4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 diemjoker4
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
seriously, if you hate the system get rid of it and dont spread threads like this around, because no one cares what you think, so please be-gone and do us all a favor
MangoLlamas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 68

#29 MangoLlamas
Member since 2007 • 2325 Posts

ya what everyone else said! :evil::evil::evil::evil:evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil::evil:evil::evil::evil::evil:

pjizzile11

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#30 pjizzile11
Member since 2005 • 966 Posts

Soul caliber legends and the new tos game look awesome so get out of the wiis face.

spiggy500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 spiggy500
Member since 2005 • 2042 Posts
Disaster: Day of Crisis WII Action 1191 Metroid Prime 3: Corruption WII Sci-Fi First-Person Shooter 11264 NiGHTS: Journey of Dreams WII 3D Platformer 1149 No More Heroes WII Action 1227 Opoona WII Role-Playing 148 Project H.A.M.M.E.R. WII Beat-'Em-Up 1247 Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles WII Horror Action Adventure 4374 Sadness WII Historic Action Adventure 1213 Super Mario Galaxy WII 3D Platformer 11909 Super Smash Bros. Brawl WII 3D Fighting 20008
diemjoker4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 diemjoker4
Member since 2007 • 115 Posts
this topic just got owned, spiggy500 godspeed