How I got my maybe(70%) for buying the wii!! somewhat funny..

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for plz_a_wii_forme
plz_a_wii_forme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 plz_a_wii_forme
Member since 2007 • 76 Posts
Okay so I suck sometimes when it comes to convincing my parents to buy something for me or to let me buy something. So instead I wrote up a paragraph or so with my reasons and all that stuff. My mom said she'll have to talk to my dad, which pretty much means, if he says yes, i can get it. So heres what my paragraph was:
I would like to buy a Wii, and before the Christmas rush. In order to do that I need money. My brother(ima leave out his name), in the past, has revieced money from you guys to help pay for his Mac. Of course, its half dads so he didnt have to pay back. This, for me, would be an early Christmas gift, and I would get nothing more from you. Heres the catch, I'll actually pay it off, eventually. I've been planning to sell my DS, but I wouldnt be able to sell it in time before the rush. Plus, the DS wouldnt cover all of the expenses. I will sell my DS and all else I dont play to go along with it. After thats done, I will do whatever you want and/or need me to do. This would take longer than a month to pay off I understand. When I say do whatever that is besides my regular chores. So this list could include washing the cars frequently, mowing the lawn, etc, etc. What I'm asking from you is, can you guys buy me the Wii?
Suprisingly, my mom didnt totally blow it off and say no. She considered and I have her OK, even though she didnt say OK. Now its all up to my dad :) I feel somewhat pathetic, as if I'm begging.........oh well! :P
starmetroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 starmetroid
Member since 2007 • 5000 Posts
nice I should try something like that if I want a laptop
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

Are your parents teachers or something? I've never heard of a stategy like that before. It's so formal.

In the end, did you say "all the best, Johnny"?

luke141eels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#4 luke141eels
Member since 2007 • 10143 Posts
thats good to convince mine i told them i need money pay it off later they said no so i got it of my sister
Tupaschoal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#5 Tupaschoal
Member since 2006 • 58 Posts
I would be polite like you, sometimes my parents ask for reasons to buy something and I usually do texts like this one, if it doesn't worth much, it often works ;D
EYEInferno

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 EYEInferno
Member since 2003 • 530 Posts

Are your parents teachers or something? I've never heard of a stategy like that before. It's so formal.

bob_newman
Well lol, they do have to buy something for him, but yeah its a bit to formal, but I think his parents expect that from him.
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts

How old are you...? Is it really that hard to get a part time job and pay it off?

Scorpion13497

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 Scorpion13497
Member since 2003 • 775 Posts
Lol, i did a similar thing about 2 years ago. I did a Powerpoint of like 12 slides on "Why I should be able to get the Half Life Platinum Collection". It worked, got it for X-Mas. Before then they were the over-protective "M Games are Evil!" type. I should try that again to convince them to get me Rock Band for Christmas, I'm unemployed until March.
draftrough

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 draftrough
Member since 2005 • 502 Posts
Well for your sake i hope they say yes and you can actually find one this close to christmas without buying an overpriced one from ebay. but with the damand and shortage and this close to christmas i doubt youll find one in stores unless some store gets a few and let you stand in line or somehow preorder. all that can be avoided if you have a friend or someone close that works for a store that can get you one held back when they arrive like i did when the ps2 launched.
raahsnavj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#10 raahsnavj
Member since 2005 • 4895 Posts
I had to run a thing like this to get my first NES. My Bother and I had to pay .01 less than half, that way my parents really owned it and could take it away if we would fight over it or not do anything around the house. It never happened, but it made my parents feel better about the deal. Then we had to come up with the other half. Conceeding Christmas for your half would seem reasonable, just make sure the clause is still in there, despite it being a gift. Then push the 'it's nearly impossible to find' case to make sure they buy the first one they see. Do the dishes, clean the house, and work for the right to be treated as a trusted child and hold fast to the deal. Laugh all you want but that's how I won over my NES, SNES and Car... after that I was old enough to have a job and paid my own way. But to this day my parents know I'm honest with my word and good with money / work ethic when it is something I really want. Don't sell your DS. Nintendo and others like integrating their handhelds into their consoles, whether or not it is worth it is another discussion, but seeming you already have the setup I wouldn't mess with it.
Casiotech

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Casiotech
Member since 2007 • 721 Posts

Okay so I suck sometimes when it comes to convincing my parents to buy something for me or to let me buy something. So instead I wrote up a paragraph or so with my reasons and all that stuff. My mom said she'll have to talk to my dad, which pretty much means, if he says yes, i can get it. So heres what my paragraph was:
I would like to buy a Wii, and before the Christmas rush. In order to do that I need money. My brother(ima leave out his name), in the past, has revieced money from you guys to help pay for his Mac. Of course, its half dads so he didnt have to pay back. This, for me, would be an early Christmas gift, and I would get nothing more from you. Heres the catch, I'll actually pay it off, eventually. I've been planning to sell my DS, but I wouldnt be able to sell it in time before the rush. Plus, the DS wouldnt cover all of the expenses. I will sell my DS and all else I dont play to go along with it. After thats done, I will do whatever you want and/or need me to do. This would take longer than a month to pay off I understand. When I say do whatever that is besides my regular chores. So this list could include washing the cars frequently, mowing the lawn, etc, etc. What I'm asking from you is, can you guys buy me the Wii?
Suprisingly, my mom didnt totally blow it off and say no. She considered and I have her OK, even though she didnt say OK. Now its all up to my dad :) I feel somewhat pathetic, as if I'm begging.........oh well! :Pplz_a_wii_forme

are you asking us???

ok

just kidding.

clarkeyboy21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 clarkeyboy21
Member since 2006 • 702 Posts

bob_newman

Yeah, what I'd do is.. : Can I get a new PC -please, I passed my ECDL - Come on! I'll pay. Please Please etc!

plz_a_wii_forme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 plz_a_wii_forme

How old are you...? Is it really that hard to get a part time job and pay it off?

Sports-Fan
Im only 14, so I cant get a job...

bob_newman
Yea my mom is a teacher, but its for elementry, I've used this before too. Last time for a PC, didnt work that time though since it was a little too much for me not to pay.
bigcalkenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#14 bigcalkenobi
Member since 2006 • 1297 Posts
My parents didn't give me anything on my Wii. If you can get one that'll be sweet and lucky. I hope it works out.
plz_a_wii_forme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 plz_a_wii_forme
The time has come, my dad is finally home, and I only have 15 minutes before I leave for somewhere....I'll post here again if its a thumbs up
m1k3m

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#16 m1k3m
Member since 2007 • 1758 Posts
Keep the DS!!! Why don't you just be patient and wait for Christmas and not make yourself pay all of that back. Maybe make your parents buy it now and then they can just hold it till Christmas if you are worried about shortages.
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts
The time has come, my dad is finally home, and I only have 15 minutes before I leave for somewhere....I'll post here again if its a thumbs upplz_a_wii_forme
Hey good luck, I'm going to buy one in a 2 or 3 months (whenever I get the money, flyer routes pay, but not enough quick enough) But hey I'm sure you will enjoy it if you get it and I hope you do get one so I can mock you... I mean vice versa, just kidding, good luck:)
JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I hope that works for you. The only thing I remember pleading with my parents for was a later bedtime when I was about 12. Even though I had excellent reasons, my two older brothers had the same bedtime when they were my age, so they wouldn't concede.

My brother and I had to work for our N64. I was 11 and he was 14. We did all kinds of work around the house... cleaning the garage, washing the cars, other stuff I can't remember. Apparently we did about $250 worth of work, because we got the N64 on launch day. I believe we went through the same process for our NES, but I was too young to remember (we got it in 1988, I believe). I think I contributed a dollar or two, just so we could all say it was "ours."

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts
I told my parents that they would be horrible parents if they didn't get me THE 1 thing I wanted for Christmas last year and guess what...I got a Wii for Christmas last year. If you throw your parents on a guilt trip they might buy you stuff!
FFXIsAstyanax

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#20 FFXIsAstyanax
Member since 2003 • 974 Posts
Before then they were the over-protective "M Games are Evil!" type. Scorpion13497

Wow.. I could never imagine that. My parents were protective, but not about games. Since my parents' motto was, "it's too much if it gives him nightmares. And then he'll not want to play it anymore." So I was playing DOOM in elementary school.
pro_gamer12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#21 pro_gamer12345
Member since 2006 • 1801 Posts
Wow I have to try that.
Sports-Fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 Sports-Fan
Member since 2007 • 608 Posts
Hmm. I got my first job when I was 14 at a fast food place...
plz_a_wii_forme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 plz_a_wii_forme

Keep the DS!!! Why don't you just be patient and wait for Christmas and not make yourself pay all of that back. Maybe make your parents buy it now and then they can just hold it till Christmas if you are worried about shortages.m1k3m

I already know they arent going to buy it for me Christmas, which is why im trying this.

jjr10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 jjr10
Member since 2005 • 5880 Posts

Wow, strict parents.

I just go "Yeah.The wii looks awesome. Can i get it? Can i get it? Its on my chrissy list!"

Broc_Samson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Broc_Samson
Member since 2007 • 522 Posts

Getting my Wii for myself contributed to my soon to be depleated bank account. Being a broke college kid sucks... that is as soon as I run out of money.

I have tried things similar to this when I was younger and they never worked for me.

XBadNewsX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#26 XBadNewsX
Member since 2004 • 1332 Posts
Use logic. Point out the lower price compared to other consoles. Use the low price with comparison to other consoles this gen. Then mention it's massive kid friendly game line up. Just throwing out ideas.
dieworm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#27 dieworm
Member since 2004 • 6416 Posts
Push the fact that the other systems are $500 a ton then say the Wii is only 250. It's a type of marketing...can't remember the name.
1wog1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 1wog1
Member since 2007 • 166 Posts
So are you going to get the wii mate............
Avatar image for christ4ever9889
christ4ever9889

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 christ4ever9889
Member since 2007 • 1349 Posts
I have waited for over 12 hours now... DID YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!! sorry I can't wait until I get my wii so everytime I hear a story I have to think, will this happen to me, will this happen to me, lol I hope you get it
darkmark91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 darkmark91
Member since 2006 • 3047 Posts

Keep the DS!!! Why don't you just be patient and wait for Christmas and not make yourself pay all of that back. Maybe make your parents buy it now and then they can just hold it till Christmas if you are worried about shortages.m1k3m

Word.

Avatar image for DaLegendKilla92
DaLegendKilla92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 DaLegendKilla92
Member since 2007 • 919 Posts
The things he promised to do in that letter are the things that convinced my mom to let me go to the 7th grade dance...and every one after that.
plz_a_wii_forme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 plz_a_wii_forme
I have waited for over 12 hours now... DID YOU GET IT!!!!!!!!!! sorry I can't wait until I get my wii so everytime I hear a story I have to think, will this happen to me, will this happen to me, lol I hope you get itchrist4ever9889
My dad always leaves before I can ask!! I dont even know if hes still home now...Like 10 mins ago I was gonna ask but I was watching a video and now hes gone :P So once I go search the house I either ask if hes still here, or I have to wait again :(