How good does Zelda look on a very old but sorta big SDTV

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 0

#1 tman93
Member since 2006 • 7769 Posts
Ok, I have a 10 year old SDTV, its like 40 inches. Well, ive been waiting to play Zelda for a long long long time and want to get the best experiance I can get (but I dont have money for a HDTV) so I was wondering how good it looks on a SDTV, does anyone have pics or something because all ive seen is HDTV pics and im impressed but dont want to be let down if it looks horrible on my old SDTV. Sorry if I dont make sense, im a TV noob.
stevenbee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 stevenbee
Member since 2002 • 438 Posts
Blurry, muddy, and jaggy.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Duckman5
Member since 2006 • 18934 Posts
Blurry, muddy, and jaggy.stevenbee

ooh... such harsh words for such an old TV.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 tman93
Did you play it on a SDTV, or did you play it on a HDTV and you make it sound worse than it its because its primitave to you? Anyway, were thinking of getting a 50 inch HDTV in late March, most likely not but a chance, so mabye ill play it on 40 inch old SDTV and like the graphics, beat it, then play on a 50 inch HDTV and be blown away. But I need more awnsers, does zelda really look horrible on a 10 year old 40 inch SDTV?
Tak963

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 Tak963
Member since 2004 • 2063 Posts
Don't worry it looks fine. But either way who cares!? LOZ will look good anywhere except for that crappy children's show based on Zelda.
BlueAtlas

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#6 BlueAtlas
Member since 2004 • 1589 Posts

wow... is it really that bad on an old tv?

tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 tman93
Don't worry it looks fine. But either way who cares!? LOZ will look good anywhere except for that crappy children's show based on Zelda.Tak963
your right, when im owning a boss I really wont care about the background being a little blurry.
da_kid907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 da_kid907
Member since 2004 • 2192 Posts

I have mine on a 5 year old kinda big sdtv and its pretty good but it would be way better on HD

ajr101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9 ajr101
Member since 2006 • 446 Posts
i play on a 3 year old 26" stdv and it looks fine so you should be ok, and the wii is made for sdtvs so yours will still look as good as mine which is good, because you only need a stdv to take full advantage of the wii.
coolbgdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 coolbgdog
Member since 2004 • 1409 Posts
it looks good enough for me btw i typed this on my wii.
TboneStone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 TboneStone
Member since 2005 • 2578 Posts
no it just looks normal on my old tv. but i just got a new one.  it still looks good on an old tv to answer ur question.
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 tman93
I know its stupid, but on my SDTV will it ever look like this, or is this everything maxed out on HDTV? Cause if it looks like these pics, then im really really happy can some one show me what it will look like if its not like this?
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 tman93
I hate to bump, but I need an awnser to my above question, then ill let this die for good
clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
My TV is just about as old as yours. It's about 10 years old as well. I played my NES and Genesis on it. I still use it to this day. Legend of Zelda will look as great as the SDTV will give you. It's not necessarily buggy or anything the first response of the guy told you. I think you'd be able to enjoy the graphics just fine.
ZacharyT1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 ZacharyT1
Member since 2003 • 529 Posts
Ok, I have a 10 year old SDTV, its like 40 inches. Well, ive been waiting to play Zelda for a long long long time and want to get the best experiance I can get (but I dont have money for a HDTV) so I was wondering how good it looks on a SDTV, does anyone have pics or something because all ive seen is HDTV pics and im impressed but dont want to be let down if it looks horrible on my old SDTV. Sorry if I dont make sense, im a TV noob.tman93

Just play the game.  I'm assuming you have been playing on that TV for the last 10 years; why not keep playing?
tman93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 tman93
My TV is just about as old as yours. It's about 10 years old as well. I played my NES and Genesis on it. I still use it to this day. Legend of Zelda will look as great as the SDTV will give you. It's not necessarily buggy or anything the first response of the guy told you. I think you'd be able to enjoy the graphics just fine.clownofpoetry
Will it look like the pic I posted, if not can you post a pic on about how good it will look?
clownofpoetry

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 clownofpoetry
Member since 2004 • 501 Posts
[QUOTE="clownofpoetry"]My TV is just about as old as yours. It's about 10 years old as well. I played my NES and Genesis on it. I still use it to this day. Legend of Zelda will look as great as the SDTV will give you. It's not necessarily buggy or anything the first response of the guy told you. I think you'd be able to enjoy the graphics just fine.tman93
Will it look like the pic I posted, if not can you post a pic on about how good it will look?

To me, it looks pretty much like that picture you posted. It looks great even on a SDTV. That's just my opinion anyway. As long as there's no white lines going across your TV (like mine was until I fixed it) It should look like that. If you want to see my TV, go to the Wii Setup forum and check it out. I'm on the first page.
Genexi2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Genexi2
Member since 2005 • 3110 Posts
I know its stupid, but on my SDTV will it ever look like this, or is this everything maxed out on HDTV? tman93
That's using the widescreen display at 480p, which is hardly "HDTV". (standard TVs have plain ol' 480i)
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Duckman5
[QUOTE="tman93"][QUOTE="clownofpoetry"]My TV is just about as old as yours. It's about 10 years old as well. I played my NES and Genesis on it. I still use it to this day. Legend of Zelda will look as great as the SDTV will give you. It's not necessarily buggy or anything the first response of the guy told you. I think you'd be able to enjoy the graphics just fine.clownofpoetry

To me, it looks pretty much like that picture you posted. It looks great even on a SDTV. That's just my opinion anyway. As long as there's no white lines going across your TV (like mine was until I fixed it) It should look like that. If you want to see my TV, go to the Wii Setup forum and check it out. I'm on the first page.

B.S. That pic's running 480p and Widescreen. Hardly HDTV but hardly SDTV either.
Jaysonguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#21 Jaysonguy
Member since 2006 • 39454 Posts

Great job at not answering the question

If the game is blurry then how is it also going to be jaggy?

The set will look fine, if you have the chance to use component cables on it I suggest you do but the TV will do a good job with the Wii. While you can get a better picture with HD sets you're not exactly missing anything but not using one. 

grafkhun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#22 grafkhun
Member since 2006 • 12827 Posts
does it matter? as long as you an see whats happeing and it looks decent right? it will be fine, my TV is like 30 or something inches SDTV and is really old, at least 7 years and it looks fine.
Duckman5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Duckman5

[QUOTE="stevenbee"]Blurry, muddy, and jaggy.Jaysonguy

Great job at not answering the question

If the game is blurry then how is it also going to be jaggy?

The set will look fine, if you have the chance to use component cables on it I suggest you do but the TV will do a good job with the Wii. While you can get a better picture with HD sets you're not exactly missing anything but not using one. 

Lol, hypocritical. Yeah though it will look OKAY but Wii wasn't a great graphical powerhouse to begin with so you aren't missing anything by not having an HDTV.