How exactly do I find my WEP key for the DS to get online?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

User Lists: 0

#1 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

I'm already at the website http://192.168.2.1/ and have been using support.nintendo.com also. They said that since I have a ****** that I might want to look under the "Wireless" tab, and there should be an "Encryption" option. I don't see the latter.

I'm also dealing with a wireless connection if that helps anything.

Keep in mind I don't completely know what I'm doing but I'm sure that I don't see "Encryption" anywhere. Maybe it's under another name like they said it could be?

AcidSoldner

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 AcidSoldner
Member since 2007 • 7051 Posts
Who set up the internet in your home? Usually a WEP/security key is located on some sort of pamphlet that originally came with the router/modem.
malpaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 malpaya
Member since 2011 • 30 Posts

I encountered the same problem last night. What worked for me was that my router came with an installation cd that restarts how to connect a router.I decided to do that and it ask me what settings did i want to select? wep 64 bit, wep 128, wpa. I orginally had it set up with wpa which worked with everything but the ds only supports web settings. It took me an hour and half to mess with the settings. good luck, if anything i would contact your internet provider in your area or have a computer geek help you out cause i myself is computer illerate. there are ways to reset your settings manually. maybe you can google your router model number?

tocool340

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#4 tocool340
Member since 2004 • 21652 Posts

Its usually on the modem or router that connects you to your ISP and the internet. Or you could just call your internet provider for help. Once you get the WEP key, get back to DS wifi wizard, connect to your access point, and enter the key when prompt.....

Gamingclone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#5 Gamingclone
Member since 2009 • 5224 Posts

look on the bottom of your router, thats where my WEP is located.

MamaMiia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 MamaMiia
Member since 2006 • 582 Posts

I hope the 3DS has more connection options. I use the WPA setting at home because I thought it was more secure, so I can't connect to my wireless network with my DS.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts

I hope the 3DS has more connection options. I use the WPA setting at home because I thought it was more secure, so I can't connect to my wireless network with my DS.

MamaMiia
it is more secure. i am almost positive the 3ds supports wpa2 and considering thats its pretty much standard now i would hope so.[
MamaMiia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8 MamaMiia
Member since 2006 • 582 Posts

[QUOTE="MamaMiia"]

AutoPilotOn

it is more secure. i am almost positive the 3ds supports wpa2 and considering thats its pretty much standard now i would hope so.[

Thanks.