How Do You Fell About Half Digital Bundles?

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Capcom has given us a half physical and half digital bundle with RE Revelations and the upcoming Mega Man/X Legacy Collections will follow this trend. Platinum games did this with Bayonnetta 1 & 2 and I am sure we will be getting more in the future. So, how do you guys feel about this trend? IMO, I think if you're going half digital, you might as well go full digital. The inly reason someone would get a half digital is if they have no space on their Switch but, with how many people are fine with re-downloading games these days, it's really a no brainer that these half bundles should go all in or go home.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#2 Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 7034 Posts

Speaking of Nintendo games and more specifically, first party and third party quality developers, I'd prefer full on physical.

Lach0121

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

#3 Lach0121
Member since 2007 • 11781 Posts

@-paranorman- said:

The inly reason someone would get a half digital is if they have no space on their Switch

The problem with that is the part that is physical is often a fraction of the size of what is offered digital. Mega Man is an example of this, and it is why I am getting it full digital. The first part of the bundle is less than a gig. The second part of the bundle (digital only) is a few gigs...

Honestly This is why I got at least a good 128gb sdcard.

I would have gone physical if they were all on one cartridge which is more than easily done. They do this to combat the "used market."

I say this as someone who really enjoys our Switch, and will be getting all the Mega Man games, and maybe even Bayonetta as well.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

full physical is preferred but half is better than nothing imo.

you get a physical box sometimes with inside art or booklet. and you save some harddrive space.

i say better than only having a digital option imo.

Megavideogamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#5 Megavideogamer
Member since 2004 • 6554 Posts

I don't like it. Sony and Microsoft have pulled this stunt too many times. Now Nintendo is pulling the same stunt. Usually they are just content to "pull a Nintendo" but now with half a loaf. (one physical game and one digital game)

The Nintendo switch should come with more than 32GB of memory. Sony and Microsoft at least offer 1TB.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
Eikichi-Onizuka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 Eikichi-Onizuka
Member since 2008 • 9205 Posts

I don't like it. Still haven't Bayonetta because of that, full price and offers less value than the Wii U version did at launch.

mk_1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mk_1
Member since 2017 • 35 Posts

Not a fan. They need to stop being so cheap and invest in the larger capacity carts to fit their game on to.

MasterLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#8  Edited By MasterLuigi
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

I am a big fan of Physical copies. When I bought the Resident Evil Bundle I was so excited only to be disappointed by only one cartridge. I was still happy I got one as a physical copy but I would definitely have thoroughly enjoyed it more if both cartridges or one cartridge with both games had been inside.

Celsius765

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#9 Celsius765
Member since 2005 • 2417 Posts

Full on physical for retail and a decent bundle price for digital

Avatar image for sonicforces2017
Sonicforces2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 8

#10 Sonicforces2017
Member since 2017 • 70 Posts

Mega man collection 2 takes 4 gbs!!!

Sonicforces2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sonicforces2017

@Megavideogamer: its not Nintendo’s fault that 3rd party’s do this, no nintendo game is like this (so far)

Your right 32 gbs isn’t very much. But just use an sd card. Remember Xbox & Play Station need disks to be download as well as digital games, nintendo doesn’t

Sonicforces2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Sonicforces2017

@mk_1: nintendo is working on this

Sonicforces2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sonicforces2017

@masterluigi: Love looking at my collection of games carts & cases. Thinking about making fake cases and carts for my digital games.

I do Hate it when (for example Sonic Mania & Rocket Legue) a game is digital then a year later... they make physical versions!!! I bourt both these games digital a year before. ROCKET LEGUE IS TAKING 7GBS OF MY MEMORY!!! With a cart it could take 1GB maybe?

MasterLuigi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

#14 MasterLuigi
Member since 2018 • 9 Posts

@sonicforces2017: Making fake cases, I never thought of that. That is a good idea.

I know what you mean, I got mad when they released a limited copy of human fall flat and I had just bought the game the week before because it was on sale. LOL

xwingz900

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 xwingz900
Member since 2018 • 27 Posts

Oh boy, it seems like I lose a little faith in this console every day. This wouldn't be awful if the console had more than 32 Gigs of space stock, but of course, Nintendo decided to be...well....Nintendo in that regard. If I go out of my way to buy a physical copy of a game, I want the entire game up front. I can see now that cartridges were a terrible idea for this console. Nintendo may splurge on higher capacity cartridges, but I can already see that third parties are going to pull this BS.