how big is your SD card?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

wraith-squad66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 wraith-squad66
Member since 2008 • 1368 Posts

the minute i opened my 3DS i put in my 4gb card from my old DSI, did you get a new one or just have the 2gb card that it comes with in?

SRTtoZ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 SRTtoZ
Member since 2009 • 4800 Posts

Wouldnt you like to know...

jk, its 2gb but I just ordered a 16gb via newegg. I dont see a need for 32gb, i didnt even fill 16gb on my PSP go.

kirkonacid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#3 kirkonacid
Member since 2010 • 486 Posts

For now, I'm sticking with the standard 2GB SD card. Once the store opens up and more titles I'm looking forward to start coming out, I'll probably update it.

IPwnNooBs666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 IPwnNooBs666
Member since 2007 • 1425 Posts

I'm using a 16 gig card but I may upgrade to a 32 gig card in the future.

AstralDrmz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 AstralDrmz
Member since 2009 • 784 Posts

I have the 2GB in right now, gonna transfer to my 8GB when I get a micro adapter and might upgrade past that if I do end up filling it.

AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
The 2gb is fine till the store opens and some good downloads come out. Then I will probably get 16 or 32.
JGINQ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JGINQ
Member since 2008 • 178 Posts

Stock 2GB for now. Might upgrade later if I have the need to.

bdmckinley

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 bdmckinley
Member since 2004 • 817 Posts
8Gb for now. I may upgrade later on down the road if the need arises.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#9 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
I'm using the 2 gig.
Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#10 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
All you need to know is, it's bigger than yours.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I'm using the 2 GB that came with the system but I'm letting my family buy me either a 16 GB or 32 GB next month for my b-day.

mariokart64fan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 101

User Lists: 1

#12 mariokart64fan
Member since 2003 • 20828 Posts

i have 2 2 gigabyte sd cards ,1 when i bought my wii , and one that came with my 3ds , if only my camera used sds as well id probably have more i plan on upgrading the wii to a 8 gig , when i get my games back

riariases

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#13 riariases
Member since 2007 • 2335 Posts
I've got a 16gb microSD card. I buy all my SD cards micro. It doesn't hinder the performance and it just adds accessibility.
BlueCash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 BlueCash
Member since 2006 • 518 Posts

I went ahead and bought a 16 GB today while I was at the store. It's the Sony brand. Hopefully thats all the memory I will ever need.

El_Zo1212o

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 El_Zo1212o
Member since 2009 • 6057 Posts
16 gig micro- got it out of my old telephone. If I ever do upgrade, I'll probably up it to a 32 micro for my phone- I've already packed the 16 with movies and music.
Avatar image for InsultToInjury_
InsultToInjury_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16 InsultToInjury_
Member since 2007 • 2219 Posts
Just the standard 2GB for me just now but I will invest in a larger SD card in the future.
Avatar image for MicrosoftISdumb
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 MicrosoftISdumb
Member since 2005 • 1959 Posts

I bought a 32GB class 10 SD card just for my 3DS. I have a bunch of music on it right now, but there is plenty of room for everything I can throw at it. :)

ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

Anyone knows if I can just copy-paste the data of my 2GB if I get a bigger card? I usually tend to have a lot of data on my systems (almost filled 750GB on my PS3 as an example) which is why I'll probably need to update it. I just have a bad feeling when it comes to Nintendo, they tend to make easy stuff rather complicated (why do they change file sizes to blocks as an example oO) and I'll rather change it now and lose few data than in a few months and losing a lot of data

MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 MicrosoftISdumb

Anyone knows if I can just copy-paste the data of my 2GB if I get a bigger card? I usually tend to have a lot of data on my systems (almost filled 750GB on my PS3 as an example) which is why I'll probably need to update it. I just have a bad feeling when it comes to Nintendo, they tend to make easy stuff rather complicated (why do they change file sizes to blocks as an example oO) and I'll rather change it now and lose few data than in a few months and losing a lot of data

ArchoNils2
It depends on the information. From what I've read (if I remember correctly). When Nintendo 3DS' download service comes out, when you download a game, it is tied to that SD card. You can't transfer it to another SD card. So if you want to get a bigger SD card, I would do so now, before you find yourself in this situation. Saved game data can be transferred between SD cards..
ArchoNils2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 ArchoNils2
Member since 2005 • 10534 Posts

[QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

MicrosoftISdumb

It depends on the information. From what I've read (if I remember correctly). When Nintendo 3DS' download service comes out, when you download a game, it is tied to that SD card. You can't transfer it to another SD card. So if you want to get a bigger SD card, I would do so now, before you find yourself in this situation. Saved game data can be transferred between SD cards..

Thanks for the info, just ordered a 32GB card. I guess I can just copy-paste the entire card?

Kaze_no_Mirai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Kaze_no_Mirai
Member since 2004 • 11763 Posts
Just the 2GB one, I don't really see a need for anything bigger. At least not for me.
MicrosoftISdumb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 MicrosoftISdumb

[QUOTE="MicrosoftISdumb"][QUOTE="ArchoNils2"]

ArchoNils2

Thanks for the info, just ordered a 32GB card. I guess I can just copy-paste the entire card?

Yes