House of the Dead 2&3 Return

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Nash-MVPx2
Member since 2007 • 772 Posts

Okay, just two things I'm curious about:

1) How long is this game going to be compared to Ghost Squad? Since it's going to be the second part and third part combined, it's obviously going to be longer than GS. But, how much longer exactly?

2) IGN has released some new screenshots and it seems to me the game looks BETTER than Ghost Squad, which seems weird to me considering the House of the Dead games were released years before GS... Take a look: http://media.wii.ign.com/media/142/14219348/imgs_1.html

Are my eyes playing tricks on me or what?

DJ_Dublin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 DJ_Dublin
Member since 2006 • 40 Posts
I do believe that with the Perfect Shot, this game will be amazing. And of course it will be better. Whats better then killing zombies?
Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 Nash-MVPx2

I do believe that with the Perfect Shot, this game will be amazing. And of course it will be better. Whats better then killing zombies?DJ_Dublin

I agree, it probably will be better overall. But I was talking about in terms of presentation/graphics...

MrSoda

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 MrSoda
Member since 2007 • 84 Posts
All I know is that I wished that they would at least up the visuals so that they are suited to atleast last gen standards and not the gen before that.
Ablasio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Ablasio
Member since 2007 • 449 Posts

House of the Dead 3 have better graphics than Ghost Squad and both have more stages with alternate endings.

And there is zombies!!! :D So yes this is a better package and even better if the original HotD is include as bonus, but this is only rumors.

sherlock99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

#6 sherlock99
Member since 2005 • 1600 Posts
i want this game badly does anyone know how much this game will cost.
TonyMangtana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#7 TonyMangtana
Member since 2008 • 35 Posts
yeah, I cant wait for this either..
Supersegs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Supersegs
Member since 2006 • 166 Posts
i want this game badly does anyone know how much this game will cost.sherlock99
In amazon the price tag is 30 bucks
msi276

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 msi276
Member since 2007 • 1400 Posts
well ghost squad is 3 levels so yea it'll be longer each game is about 5 6 min. maps
Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#10 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
meh.. Im not really excited about this game doesnt look that great.
LordQuorthon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 LordQuorthon
Member since 2008 • 5803 Posts

All I know is that I wished that they would at least up the visuals so that they are suited to atleast last gen standards and not the gen before that.MrSoda

The Dreamcast is a last generation console.

Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Nash-MVPx2

IGN has just released a hands-on update:

http://wii.ign.com/articles/852/852478p1.html

Sounds like it's going to be a pretty solid package. And, the guy who wrote that preview noted that the graphics look a bit better than Ghost Squad, just as I suspected.

Fredrick2003x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Fredrick2003x
Member since 2005 • 2056 Posts

They need to stop releasing only House of the Dead 2 and 3 packaged together. They already released this for the Xbox.

I was hoping they would release 1, 2, and 3 together, because the first game is hard to find anymore (both imported for the Sega Saturn at at any arcades nearby).

I think I will get it though, because the Xbox version of House of the Dead 2 and 3 sucked with the Xbox's stupid light gun.

EmperorZeruel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 EmperorZeruel
Member since 2007 • 4207 Posts

I will get it, the only down side about these kinds of games are there is no replay value and you can beat the game in a day, but the game only costs 30 and you get 2 gams soit is worth it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#15 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts

meh.. Im not really excited about this game doesnt look that great.Minishdriveby

I know... Seriously, a port of pretty old game that wasn't fun to begin with for thirty dollars? Plus, we already have enough crappy on rails shooters. Do we really need another one?

It's cool that other people are excited for this, though. I just think it is absolute garbage with no depth, whatsoever. Step 1: Shoot zombies. Step 2: Repeat step 1. That doesn't sound fun... at al.

chris3116

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 chris3116
Member since 2003 • 12174 Posts

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]meh.. Im not really excited about this game doesnt look that great.DeathScape666

I know... Seriously, a port of pretty old game that wasn't fun to begin with for thirty dollars? Plus, we already have enough crappy on rails shooters. Do we really need another one?

It's cool that other people are excited for this, though. I just think it is absolute garbage with no depth, whatsoever. Step 1: Shoot zombies. Step 2: Repeat step 1. That doesn't sound fun... at al.

You both didn't play at House of Dead that's for sure. House of Dead is probably one of the best rail-shooters.

Avatar image for deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
deactivated-5f4694ac412a8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

#17 deactivated-5f4694ac412a8
Member since 2005 • 8599 Posts
[QUOTE="DeathScape666"]

[QUOTE="Minishdriveby"]meh.. Im not really excited about this game doesnt look that great.chris3116

You both didn't play at House of Dead that's for sure. House of Dead is probably one of the best rail-shooters.

No, I have... A lot. I used to go to arcades a lot when we went to Florida, and that was probably the best game I played there. It was fun for the time, but I don't think I can play them now. The last time I played a House of the Dead game was probably three years ago, though. But from what I remember, it was nothing fantastic or worth buying.

Even if it is the best on rails shooter, that isn't saying much.

Nash-MVPx2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Nash-MVPx2

It's cool that other people are excited for this, though. I just think it is absolute garbage with no depth, whatsoever. Step 1: Shoot zombies. Step 2: Repeat step 1. That doesn't sound fun... at al.DeathScape666

I'm not buying it for a long-lasting, in-depth experience... I'm getting it because it's a great game to play with friends. Especially friends that may not usually like playing videogames. For example two of my friends who never play videogames always want to play Ghost Squad and Link's Crossbow Training whenever they come to hang out. On-rails shooters are amazing games for casual gamers, so I like to have them for when I have non-gamer guests at my house.

darrian1993

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#19 darrian1993
Member since 2006 • 220 Posts
i reckon they should have had 1 2 3 and 4 then while they are out they could concentrate on making a 5 perhaps ??
although i doubt they would give u all 4 together lol
theokguy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 theokguy
Member since 2005 • 287 Posts
Ok guys say this is crappy? Umm u do know house of the dead is pritty popular right!!! Oh ya your just new gamers u wouldnt know anyways.
The_Santa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 The_Santa
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

the game is great! really fun, the graphics are good (for 1998) eheheh

but its fun 100% oh the time!! "I DONT WANNA DIE!!" "I AM GOLDMAN!""HA HA HA"

lancea34

Forum Posts