Hopefully making a return to Nintendo... (help please)

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

Hey all. So the last Nintendo console I owned was the N64. Was absolutely disgusted with the GameCube and Wii. Mainly because I hated the images of family and children playing colorful shovelware together. I prefered blood and guts and terrible things happening to people. Well those days ended too. I mainly play sports games now and some action games (assassins creed, bioshock etc).

I am REALLY having a hard time deciding whether or not pull the trigger on getting a Wii U. I think the tablet/touchscreen is a great idea (I was particularily thrilled with how it will be used for FIFA 13). I play a lot of iOS games these days and I like touchscreens and tablets. I am just really afraid of being let down. Or will Nintendo be the Nintendo I loved in the 90's. What do ya think friends?

#2 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

Another things too, will the virtual console service be on for this? I just love old Mega Man and Mega Man X games and they are not on the XBLA.

#3 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

You sound like the type that should just wait for the Nextbox, no offense.

#4 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

WreckEm711

Why because I play sports games now and assassins creed? And like Mega Man? Come on now...

All EA Sports has to is fully support it and i'm in. This means NHL. And Bioshock Infinite would be nice if that were to come to the console..

#5 Posted by wiifan001 (18635 posts) -

Hey all. So the last Nintendo console I owned was the N64. Was absolutely disgusted with the GameCube and Wii. .......... What do ya think friends? FireXxAnts

You don't deserve to know what I think, what I know.

#6 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

Hey all. So the last Nintendo console I owned was the N64. Was absolutely disgusted with the GameCube and Wii. .......... What do ya think friends? wiifan001

Now I remember why i haven't posted on this site in nearly 2 years. You folks are just way too serious lol. EELLITTTEEZZZZZ MTN DEWWW HHAAXXORRRZZZ 1717711733. No sense of humor, come on lighten up people. Get excited. Smile. Go outside. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Watch football. Talk to women. Climb trees. Play guitar. Answer my questions about Wii U. All those things. Do them. Quickly.

#7 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -
If all you're looking for is sports games, you're better off just sticking with the 360 or PS3. They're cheaper and both already have large, established libraries.
#8 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

If all you're looking for is sports games, you're better off just sticking with the 360 or PS3. They're cheaper and both already have large, established libraries. meetroid8

Thank you for the legit real response. Yes I understand what you are saying, but something about watching the touch screen integration for FIFA 13 really caught my eye. Totally innovative and that alone seemed like a gamechanger as far as that title goes. Plus the VC is appealing as well since I am a sucker for old school nintendo/sega games. I'll most likely keep my 360, but the Wii U just seems like it would be a good system to own. Thanks again for your mature answer.

#9 Posted by meetroid8 (21152 posts) -

[QUOTE="meetroid8"]If all you're looking for is sports games, you're better off just sticking with the 360 or PS3. They're cheaper and both already have large, established libraries. FireXxAnts

Thank you for the legit real response. Yes I understand what you are saying, but something about watching the touch screen integration for FIFA 13 really caught my eye. Totally innovative and that alone seemed like a gamechanger as far as that title goes. Plus the VC is appealing as well since I am a sucker for old school nintendo/sega games. I'll most likely keep my 360, but the Wii U just seems like it would be a good system to own. Thanks again for your mature answer.

I would suggest waiting to see how other developers use the tablet controls in the future then. There's no guarantee it will be anything more than a cheap gimmick.
#10 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

FireXxAnts

Why because I play sports games now and assassins creed? And like Mega Man? Come on now...

All EA Sports has to is fully support it and i'm in. This means NHL. And Bioshock Infinite would be nice if that were to come to the console..

Yes, thats exactly why actually lol. Those types of games haven't been successful on Nintendo consoles for years and you're better off with a MS or Sony console where those types of games are guaranteed. No point in you buying the Wii U in hopes of those games coming out, you're liable to get burned on it. No need to get worked up over it, I said no offense, and answered your question short and sweet. No need to start insulting people insinuating they don't have lives, makes you look really immature.

#11 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Yes, thats exactly why actually lol. Those types of games haven't been successful on Nintendo consoles for years and you're better off with a MS or Sony console where those types of games are guaranteed. No point in you buying the Wii U in hopes of those games coming out, you're liable to get burned on it. No need to get worked up over it, I said no offense, and answered your question short and sweet. No need to start insulting people insinuating they don't have lives, makes you look really immature.

Thank you for your response. I wasn't insulting you at all, I was however just having a little fun with the 2nd guy that responded. All in good fun.

#12 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

FireXxAnts

Thank you for your response. I wasn't insulting you at all, I was however just having a little fun with the 2nd guy that responded. All in good fun.

Whoops, mistake on my part then, cheers :P No problem, my original post was from my phone which was why I didn't got more into it. It's just that a lot of people got a Wii in hopes of the games that would come out based on the potential of the controller, and a lot of them ended up pissed. Just seems like right now if you werent a big fan of some of the kinds of Wii games that were big, it would be a big risk getting a Wii U early on.

#13 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"] Yes, thats exactly why actually lol. Those types of games haven't been successful on Nintendo consoles for years and you're better off with a MS or Sony console where those types of games are guaranteed. No point in you buying the Wii U in hopes of those games coming out, you're liable to get burned on it. No need to get worked up over it, I said no offense, and answered your question short and sweet. No need to start insulting people insinuating they don't have lives, makes you look really immature.

WreckEm711

Whoops, mistake on my part then, cheers :P No problem, my original post was from my phone which was why I didn't got more into it. It's just that a lot of people got a Wii in hopes of the games that would come out based on the potential of the controller, and a lot of them ended up pissed. Just seems like right now if you werent a big fan of some of the kinds of Wii games that were big, it would be a big risk getting a Wii U early on.

Right, however there are some first party Nintendo titles I am interested in. Super Mario Bros U for one. I think any gamer in their right mind would enjoy that one. I'm also looking into Pikmin 3. I've never played a Pikmin before, but I hear nothing but good things about the series. And of course a new Zelda game as Ocarina of Time remains in my top 3 favorite games ever. My only wish would be if Nintendo made another 2D Metroid game. The original Metroid (NES) can also be found in that top 3. (Mega Man II is number one).

#14 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

FireXxAnts

Right, however there are some first party Nintendo titles I am interested in. Super Mario Bros U for one. I think any gamer in their right mind would enjoy that one. I'm also looking into Pikmin 3. I've never played a Pikmin before, but I hear nothing but good things about the series. And of course a new Zelda game as Ocarina of Time remains in my top 3 favorite games ever. My only wish would be if Nintendo made another 2D Metroid game. The original Metroid (NES) can also be found in that top 3. (Mega Man II is number one).

Yeah a 2D metroid would be really good to see, especially since it seems Nintendo is giving love to 2D gaming lately (NSMB, DKC, even aspects of SMG games) What about the Wii didn't you find interesting though? You can cast the family image aside and just not buy those kind of games, and the kind of titles you seem interested in have already had pretty strong presences on the Wii :P Brawl is still played by a ton of people, The New Play Control Pikmin games are basically the same gameplay as you'll find in 3, you've got all the Virtual Console stuff going on, and Skyward Sword is pretty decent too if you can get past the constant urge to vomit over how much waggle it uses :P

Not to mention Metroid Prime Trilogy, probably the greatest compilation pack ever.

#15 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

WreckEm711

Yeah a 2D metroid would be really good to see, especially since it seems Nintendo is giving love to 2D gaming lately (NSMB, DKC, even aspects of SMG games) What about the Wii didn't you find interesting though? You can cast the family image aside and just not buy those kind of games, and the kind of titles you seem interested in have already had pretty strong presences on the Wii :P Brawl is still played by a ton of people, The New Play Control Pikmin games are basically the same gameplay as you'll find in 3, you've got all the Virtual Console stuff going on, and Skyward Sword is pretty decent too if you can get past the constant urge to vomit over how much waggle it uses :P

Not to mention Metroid Prime Trilogy, probably the greatest compilation pack ever.

The thing that irked me with the wii was just the insane amount of shovelware. SSB Brawl was amazing, I played that one numerous times. Mario Galaxy was great. New Super Mario Bros Wii also. Missed out on Skyward Sword unfortunately. Punch-Out!! was decent. Metroid: Other M was a huge disappointment IMO. Those are about all the Wii games I played. The appealing part of Wii U is that it seems you will of course have the great Nintendo first party titles......and also big name third party titles as well. And what EA is doing with the sports games also looks promising. Plus add in VC and I can enjoy all the old school Nintendo/Sega titles I played as a kid.

I'll still have my 360 around of course, but I am just really hoping Nintendo stays consistent with what I've seen thus far. After watching Reggie at E3, I'm following this console closely now.

#16 Posted by thetravman (3592 posts) -

Hey all. So the last Nintendo console I owned was the N64. Was absolutely disgusted with the GameCube and Wii. Mainly because I hated the images of family and children playing colorful shovelware together.

FireXxAnts

I hate when people say that and stay ignorant to the more worthwhile games available to it. Hopefully you're smarter now.

As for the WiiU, too early to say. The gamepad implementation to sport games may be beneficial or fall flat like most of the Wii iterations (I hear Tiger Woods games were exceptional with the Wiimote though). As for your virtual console needs, it will support the current library which is a large selection that was build up since Wii's launch (although I'd appreciate more N64 titles). I'd say don't buy it right away and get the feel of it when you get a chance and judge for yourself.

#17 Posted by WreckEm711 (7357 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

[QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

FireXxAnts

The thing that irked me with the wii was just the insane amount of shovelware. SSB Brawl was amazing, I played that one numerous times. Mario Galaxy was great. New Super Mario Bros Wii also. Missed out on Skyward Sword unfortunately. Punch-Out!! was decent. Metroid: Other M was a huge disappointment IMO. Those are about all the Wii games I played. The appealing part of Wii U is that it seems you will of course have the great Nintendo first party titles......and also big name third party titles as well. And what EA is doing with the sports games also looks promising. Plus add in VC and I can enjoy all the old school Nintendo/Sega titles I played as a kid.

I'll still have my 360 around of course, but I am just really hoping Nintendo stays consistent with what I've seen thus far. After watching Reggie at E3, I'm following this console closely now.

Well yeah, but that would be like you putting your 360 down because Kinect came out, it has a lot of shovelware :P I know what you mean though with it missing out on the big budget blockbusters like Bioshock, Assassins Creed, Dead Space, and the like. What the Wii lacks in games like that it makes up for in really unique titles, Stuff like Red Steel 2, Bit.Trip Beat, Silent Hill, etc. It ended up being my main console once I opened up a bit and started trying out some of the niche games!

#18 Posted by Jaysonguy (39454 posts) -

[QUOTE="WreckEm711"]

FireXxAnts

So EA is already showing signs of not supporting the console fully and Assassin's Creed for the Wii U will be the weakest version of the multiplats with word saying they "hope" to get it looking as good as the other versions by the time it's released.

No, not a good idea for you.

#19 Posted by Zodiac_attack (618 posts) -

So EA is already showing signs of not supporting the console fully and Assassin's Creed for the Wii U will be the weakest version of the multiplats with word saying they "hope" to get it looking as good as the other versions by the time it's released.

No, not a good idea for you.

could u please so us the signs of EA not supporting thats the first ive head of this. And as for ac3 where are u getting your info. I got to go hands on with ac3 on wii u and honest the draw points are further on wii u and much more detailed lighting was the only issue and last i knew that was just a coding issue and is fixed now

#20 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="FireXxAnts"]

Hey all. So the last Nintendo console I owned was the N64. Was absolutely disgusted with the GameCube and Wii. .......... What do ya think friends? FireXxAnts

Now I remember why i haven't posted on this site in nearly 2 years. You folks are just way too serious lol. EELLITTTEEZZZZZ MTN DEWWW HHAAXXORRRZZZ 1717711733. No sense of humor, come on lighten up people. Get excited. Smile. Go outside. Eat your fruits and vegetables. Watch football. Talk to women. Climb trees. Play guitar. Answer my questions about Wii U. All those things. Do them. Quickly.

Posting 101

- Have an interesting OP that doesn't give off an air of arrogance or ignorance that could possibly offend
- Make sure it can invoke discussion on a number of topics that will appeal to different people
- Don't get unhappy and insulting when people respond in kind to the fact that you did not follow the first two steps

#21 Posted by NeonNinja (17318 posts) -

If I were you I wouldn't buy the WiiU at launch. Stick with the platforms you have, whether it's 360/PS3 whatever and see how the support for the WiiU looks like based on the games that interest you. By that point in time you can go for the newer titles that really integrate the technology well and Nintendo's first-party will be lined up pretty nicely.

#22 Posted by Cesar_Barba (3665 posts) -

I hated the images of family and children playing colorful shovelware together. I prefered blood and guts and terrible things happening to people.FireXxAnts
You've missed out on such great game because of such silly ideas. I do hope you are able to enjoy some of what you've missed.
Or will Nintendo be the Nintendo I loved in the 90's. What do ya think friends?FireXxAnts
This here is something that I doubt anyone here can honestly answer you. If there are not enough games that you can't get somewhere else, perhaps you'd be better off waiting. As for me I can't pass up on the system, much too many exclusives to be had. I would try to play some games, such as Pikmin to see if the game is of your interest. Sure I am looking forward to the game a great deal, but it's certainly not a game for everyone. I've played the first two games and I had a chance to play Pikmin 3 at the Nintendo Wii U experience just last month in San Francisco, I am sure to get it when it releases.

#23 Posted by wiifan001 (18635 posts) -
Posting 101

- Have an interesting OP that doesn't give off an air of arrogance or ignorance that could possibly offend
- Make sure it can invoke discussion on a number of topics that will appeal to different people
- Don't get unhappy and insulting when people respond in kind to the fact that you did not follow the first two stepsfreek666
Masterful use of timing and applying. Absolutely tremendous. I declare this the best post of this thread.
#24 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

[QUOTE="freek666"]Posting 101

- Don't get unhappy and insulting when people respond in kind to the fact that you did not follow the first two stepswiifan001
Masterful use of timing and applying. Absolutely tremendous. I declare this the best post of this thread.

As I stated in a post after that, it was all in good fun. Wasn't legit trying to offend or troll anyone. Just came for some info and the folks are being quite helpful. Everything is just dandy.

#25 Posted by nameless12345 (15125 posts) -

Well, there will be ZombiU for your blood and guts needs.

But I think if you don't like Ninty's own games buying a Nintendo system is a waste of money, imo.

But I could also be wrong since Wii U will have stronger 3rd party support as Wii did and some 3rd party games do look promising.

#26 Posted by Intense00 (51 posts) -

I'll wait for the used and a prized down system

#27 Posted by Vickman178 (866 posts) -

Get one mother flubber, also i'm disgusted by how you think gamecube is disgusting.You disgust me. GET OUT!!!!! (no jk)

Wii U is looking awesome but I hope you change your attitude about about playing games with blood n guts because thats just stupid. Also its not good for your mental health.

Also about Gamecube, it had a great lineup of games. Unfortunately it was not accepted by the mainstream as it was "TOO KIDDY!" "OH MY GOSH IS THAT THING A PURPLE CUBE?! WOW WAY TO UNMATURE FOR ME! I NEED GAME SYSTEMS THAT MAKE ME FEEL MY AGE!"

Ehhhh stupid people!

#28 Posted by mariokart64fan (20348 posts) -

lol family what the last time i checked

red steel conduit goldeneye cod house of the dead dead rising dead space resident evil driver san francisco bully manhunt 2 moh heroes 2 moh vanguard are far from family freindly ,

and --- you mention ea sports those are the definition of family friendly , you dont deserve to know what i know the fact you ignore timesplitters giest metroid prime and pass off wii and gc as just children machines yet you said you owned n64 , last i checked out side from zelda goldeneye turok perfect dark hexen and duke nukem n64 was the definition of family friendly and thats a good thing ,

guess you just like running down people with cars and shooting them and stabbing them its no wonder you have 0 friends

#29 Posted by jeffster85 (2286 posts) -

could u please so us the signs of EA not supporting thats the first ive head of this. And as for ac3 where are u getting your info. I got to go hands on with ac3 on wii u and honest the draw points are further on wii u and much more detailed lighting was the only issue and last i knew that was just a coding issue and is fixed now

Zodiac_attack

simple. from what i've seen, nhl 13 won't be on wii u. They would have announced it by now ;)

#30 Posted by FireXxAnts (234 posts) -

lol family what the last time i checked

red steel conduit goldeneye cod house of the dead dead rising dead space resident evil driver san francisco bully manhunt 2 moh heroes 2 moh vanguard are far from family freindly ,

and --- you mention ea sports those are the definition of family friendly , you dont deserve to know what i know the fact you ignore timesplitters giest metroid prime and pass off wii and gc as just children machines yet you said you owned n64 , last i checked out side from zelda goldeneye turok perfect dark hexen and duke nukem n64 was the definition of family friendly and thats a good thing ,

guess you just like running down people with cars and shooting them and stabbing them its no wonder you have 0 friends

mariokart64fan

Actually I have zero friends on GS because I rarely post on the site. That, and the fact that I tend to socialize with friends OUTSIDE of the INTERNET. I didn't realize GS friends represented who you are as a person. Secondly, running down people with cars and shooting? Nah I got that out of my system last gen. Hence why I am considering a Wii U. So if you have any other important thoughts or comments, please feel free to enlighten me. So far everyone here has been very helpful and it is all much appreciated. Sorry didn't mean to take a s*** in your cornflakes there kid.

#31 Posted by Sphensen (1106 posts) -

get one. VC is going to supported

and you know with the tablet controller the Wii U will have the best sports games support

I read an article about FIFA 12? maybe and for the first yea most of the sports games will be ports with a few key features for the tablet controller

but after the frist year they're going to really dive into it. the guys who make FIFA were stoked about the controller

#32 Posted by KBFloYd (17268 posts) -

Sorry didn't mean to take a s*** in your cornflakes there kid.

FireXxAnts

yes you did...and now it's clear that you did...

so get out of here...sega fans aren't welcome in nintendoland:cool: