HELP! Wii Freezing on Red Steel!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KizeB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 KizeB
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi everyone,

I've read a few other posts about a similar situation but I haven't seen anyone mention the part I'm on freezing. I've just done all of the tasks set from the bar e.g. fish market, finance district etc.... and now they've taken me back to the place you can practice your sword techniques but the load screen just keeps freezing outside the gates of the place. At first it let me get to the door and the security man started to speak and then it crashed, but now it won't even let me get that far. I've tried rebooting several times, and cleaning the CD but its still not working. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

Albin0assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Albin0assassin
Member since 2008 • 98 Posts
I don't think your wii likes red steel...
KizeB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 KizeB
Bummer
mrjam0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 mrjam0
Member since 2007 • 1364 Posts

I don't think your wii likes red steel...Albin0assassin

mine was pissed at me and stabbed me with the wiimote.

that jerk

kenji_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 kenji_5
Member since 2008 • 68 Posts
i used to have red steel that happened to me also. i dont know what it is about that game but it always freezes.
Arkthemaniac

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#6 Arkthemaniac
Member since 2007 • 1237 Posts
Mine freezes too whenever I have the self-mutilating feeling to play the game when MP3 is right next to it.
ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts
The Wii's trying to tell you to stop playing and wait for the sequel.
Avatar image for Black_Knight_00
Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 Black_Knight_00
Member since 2007 • 77 Posts
Thankfully it never happened to me, but I encountered a nearly-fatal bug in the bar when you have to talk to the yakuzas to be assigned missions: the guys wouldn't talk to me as I approached them, so the game could not continue! I ended up waving the Nunchuck and Wiimote around like an epylectic monkey until someone talked to me. Seriously, this game is good (deserves more than 5.5 for sure), but it's got some big flaws.
KizeB

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 KizeB
I had a similar thing happen actually- had a real effort to make the yakuzas speak to me about their missions. Thankfully I got through it though after walking round and round the room until someone spoke. I think it's a brilliant game but agree that there are some MAJOR plaws!
peje89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 peje89
Member since 2006 • 1427 Posts

Thankfully it never happened to me, but I encountered a nearly-fatal bug in the bar when you have to talk to the yakuzas to be assigned missions: the guys wouldn't talk to me as I approached them, so the game could not continue! I ended up waving the Nunchuck and Wiimote around like an epylectic monkey until someone talked to me. Seriously, this game is good (deserves more than 5.5 for sure), but it's got some big flaws.Black_Knight_00

Dude this game sucks, no offense and the 5.5 score is right on the spot.

Ooo TC your wii is telling you to stop playing this game when you can be playing, Smash, Galaxy, Metroid, No more Heroes or even diego is better than this game.(JK abt diego's game)

Snyder_Trigger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Snyder_Trigger
Member since 2007 • 207 Posts

I actually really liked red steel. I didnt find any real problems with it, but it should've had more stuff in it.

I also really liked that freaky stage with the glowing faces. *shivers* that was creepy.

ozzsoad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ozzsoad
Member since 2004 • 2703 Posts

I actually really liked red steel. I didnt find any real problems with it, but it should've had more stuff in it.

I also really liked that freaky stage with the glowing faces. *shivers* that was creepy.

Snyder_Trigger

The only problem I had with the game was the controls. They were so sensitive and hard to get used to. I didn't mind the game at first, but once I got a hold of MP3 and MoH:H2 I saw just how inferior the controls were. Other than that, it was a really fun game.

I hope to see a sequel, I also hope they take many notes from those two games when doing so. Oh, and online multiplayer would be nice as well.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Black_Knight_00

Dude this game sucks, no offense and the 5.5 score is right on the spot.

peje89

Well, I liked it. Probably because I got it for cheap.

awssk8er716

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#14 awssk8er716
Member since 2005 • 8485 Posts

Snyder_Trigger

I liked it too. Only problem was the 2 player (or multiplayer, forgot how many ppl it was)...They should have put more time into that.

Black_Knight_00

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Black_Knight_00

See? People like Red Steel. It offends me it's been placed on the same level as that horrible Fart Cry Vengeance.

Sure, the game has too many bugs, the graphics are lame, voice acting is cheesy, sword fighting is disappointing, the weapons could have been more and better...

...but the action is great fun and the controls are smooth and responsive (except for the sword fights), there's a lot of stuff to break and everything explodes in the early levels. The slow-mo feature works and it's fun, plus, making enemies surrender is a novelty. You can't hate this game, unless you paid full price for it, in that case I understand.

Michael0134567

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#16 Michael0134567
Member since 2008 • 28651 Posts

[QUOTE="Albin0assassin"]I don't think your wii likes red steel...mrjam0

mine was pissed at me and stabbed me with the wiimote.

that jerk

lol

chrispiec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 chrispiec
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Hey,

i'm having the exact same problem at the same part of the game and it's driving me nuts. I have returned the 1st copy and had it replced today but the problem still persists. Did you get to the bottom of the problem at all? It's not the best game in the world but i actually like it and hate getting half way through a game and then being unabale to complete it!!!

Chris

SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
[QUOTE="KizeB"]

Hi everyone,

I've read a few other posts about a similar situation but I haven't seen anyone mention the part I'm on freezing. I've just done all of the tasks set from the bar e.g. fish market, finance district etc.... and now they've taken me back to the place you can practice your sword techniques but the load screen just keeps freezing outside the gates of the place. At first it let me get to the door and the security man started to speak and then it crashed, but now it won't even let me get that far. I've tried rebooting several times, and cleaning the CD but its still not working. Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks!

How about you clean the disk.