Having a problem connecting my Switch to library WiFi

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78795 posts) -

So, I remember several months back, I never had a problem connecting my Switch to our library's WiFi. Connection to our WiFi did require a splash page where you had to accept our Terms of Use, and I remember that coming up on the Switch whenever I tried to connect, but it doesn't do that anymore. Instead, I get a [ 404 ] Resource Not Found message. Does anyone know how to get around this? Thanks in advance.

#3 Posted by KBFloYd (21042 posts) -

never tried to acces wifi outside of my house.

cant you just ask switch to search for available internet. after it searches it will list all the avialble hot spots. if it has a closed lock that means you need a password. if the lock is open then it should connect?

#4 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78795 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

never tried to acces wifi outside of my house.

cant you just ask switch to search for available internet. after it searches it will list all the avialble hot spots. if it has a closed lock that means you need a password. if the lock is open then it should connect?

Again, to connect to the library's WiFi, a splash page comes up where you have to hit Accept to agree to the Terms of Service. There's no password needed. The Switch used to be able to show this splash page, but there was some update a long time ago that for some reason stopped that page coming up.