Have you ever seen someone use a Switch or 3DS in public?

#1 Posted by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

I don't go out much but I've been around trains, buses, and planes. I've never seen anyone use one in public. Have you or do you ever use one in public?

#2 Posted by npiet1 (2528 posts) -

Yeah a few times, on the bus and train. I take mine on the bus but the next town is an hour away.

#3 Edited by TJDMHEM (2164 posts) -

I take mine when I eat out

#4 Posted by Solaryellow (5171 posts) -

Walk in the vicinity of Nintendo World and you'll more more hits than you ever received. Crazy.

#5 Edited by uninspiredcup (35065 posts) -

Nope. Bad idea.

Loading Video...

#6 Posted by Star67 (4461 posts) -

I see a lot of kids with Phones and Tablets more than anything. Playing games and watching movies.

I've seen a handful of 3DS, and a few switches. Mostly older kids. I even saw a Vita once.

Tablets and phones have taken over for most, you can just do more on them when in public.

#7 Posted by sakaiXx (6077 posts) -

Yeah. Mostly kids, parents don't want them running around so the console is to keep them occupied.

#8 Posted by Ezekiel43 (1798 posts) -

I play my Switch on the train and at work. Seen maybe two Switches and a few DSs in public before. I couldn't tell you if they were 3DSs or DSs.

#9 Posted by Willy105 (24873 posts) -

I've seen the Switch dozen of times.

The 3DS not so much nowadays, but were pretty common half a decade ago.

#10 Posted by xantufrog (11700 posts) -

I've been using mine (Switch) on plane flights lately. Great way to minimize the misery

#11 Posted by RSM-HQ (8610 posts) -

Frequently for both.

#12 Edited by Speeny (1978 posts) -

I see it when I catch trains sometimes. Mostly people using a 3DS though. I personally wouldn't take my Switch anywhere unless I was going to & from a friends house, or on vacation.

#13 Posted by ProtossRushX (5700 posts) -

Saw a person playing it on a Bus look like he was in his early 20's I Peeked and he was playing stardew valley

#14 Posted by livingdeadman (372 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: Oh cool, that game looks like a good port for the Switch, too bad it's only digital.

#15 Edited by Sevenizz (4075 posts) -

Nope. The only place I’ve seen a Switch used in public was a small child in a restaurant. I find it hilarious when alleged adults use portability as a selling point.

#16 Posted by judaspete (3137 posts) -

Fair amount of 3DSs, but never a Switch. And I don't play my Switch in public.

#17 Posted by Maxpowers_32 (676 posts) -

I've used the Switch on airplanes before. That's about it. I'd much rather play it on a big screen TV with a full size controller. I tried using it in the car and that didn't go so well.

#18 Posted by SOedipus (11582 posts) -

Only once when I was on a bus. I think it was the day or day after release as well.

#19 Posted by pillarrocks (1557 posts) -

I was at the doctor's office in the waiting room and saw a dad with his son playing the Switch. First time I ever saw anyone use one in public.

#20 Posted by Vaidream45 (2036 posts) -

3ds yes. Og ds, gb, and gba as well back when they were big. So far I’m the only person I’ve seen use a switch in public and thats if I’m on a flight.

#21 Edited by dzimm (5563 posts) -

I've seen Nintendo handhelds "in the wild" many times. The DS/3DS mostly in the hands of kids, while I've seen several adults playing the Switch.

#22 Posted by spiritomolto (8 posts) -

Several 3DS over the years, and quite a few Switches as well.

#23 Posted by iamokkkkk (6 posts) -

I think,nope.

That is kind of strange nowadays!

#24 Posted by NukleaWorfair (329 posts) -

I saw a kid 2 weeks ago playing one in a library. That's the only time I've seen one. Back in the day I'd see kids with Gameboy Advance all the time, and 2DS for a bit. Maybe it's too big to take out.

#25 Posted by Litchie (24346 posts) -

I've seen some GBAs, DSs, 3DSs and Switches. 1 or 2 PSPs as well. I bring my Switch on the bus sometimes.

#26 Edited by Blazepanzer24 (214 posts) -

I don't have a Switch yet but I've noticed that I haven't played my 3DS in public in ages, although I noticed a kit playing a Switch in a doctors office about five or six months ago.

#27 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10431 posts) -

literally 100s if you count events where gamers gather. If you don't count them, then yeah, I also rarely see other people playing them. That might however be because I'm too busy playing myself to notice :P

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
#28 Posted by YearoftheSnake5 (9158 posts) -

A Switch? No, but I think that's my fault because I try to avoid dealing with the public after work as much as possible. I have seen 3DS and 2DS systems in the wild before.