Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

Anybody on here?

This game is awesome but extremely difficult.

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 0

#2 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

No, I have not. I need to get on that game. I played the first world only. While difficult, it is quite fun.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#3 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I beat the final boss mid last year. I'm still trying to 100% it. Those hidden rune levels are crazy hard. I tend to lose around 30 lives in each one.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

i got to level 4....

its in my backlog now..

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#5 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

Unfortunately I have not even played this game yet. With all the releases after, including Toad Trackers that hasn't been purchased yet by me, it's hard to complete all these games without having a bunch of free time to play them, much less 100% complete them. Some of us have work and/or social lives to complete first! :)

bulby_g

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6  Edited By bulby_g
Member since 2005 • 1861 Posts

Beat the final boss yes but loads of collectibles I don't have. certainly a challenging platformer but pretty easy to get plenty spare lives at least.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18564 Posts

I did everything but the puzzle pieces. I got as many as I could, and if I were twelve years old, I would've LOVED scouring every inch of every level to find all of them, but I just don't have time for that these days. I still got most of them, but since they only unlock art, I decided to move on.

It's an awesome game. It has a different feel from any other platformer out there.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

Is it more difficult than DKCR? That game took me a few months and roughly 30 hours to get all the KONG letters and beat all the hidden levels plus the hidden world. (3DS version)

Wiiboxstation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9 Wiiboxstation
Member since 2014 • 1753 Posts

@Bread_or_Decide:

I have the ds version jungle climber. I don't think tropical freeze is as difficult as that. That game feels uncomfortable for the hands using the L and R buttons so much.

Avatar image for deactivated-57d8401f17c55
deactivated-57d8401f17c55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10 deactivated-57d8401f17c55
Member since 2012 • 7221 Posts

Not 100% but yeah I beat it. Good game, good music.

i-rock-socks

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11  Edited By i-rock-socks
Member since 2007 • 3826 Posts

@Chozofication said:

this

finding all the hidden levels is a pain

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Litchie
Member since 2003 • 34601 Posts

Yes. And it's not that difficult. Stop saying that, or developers might think we just want games made for babies.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

I got all of the puzzle pieces in the normal levels, beat the game and doing the ruins now. I stopped playing for the time being, like Jordan said, don't have an infinite amount of time to dedicate to one game like that anymore.

@Litchie said:

Yes. And it's not that difficult. Stop saying that, or developers might think we just want games made for babies.

The game is suppose to difficult, everyone knows it is, trying to pretend that it isn't wont make them make the game easier.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Litchie

@Sepewrath said:

I got all of the puzzle pieces in the normal levels, beat the game and doing the ruins now. I stopped playing for the time being, like Jordan said, don't have an infinite amount of time to dedicate to one game like that anymore.

@Litchie said:

The game is suppose to difficult, everyone knows it is, trying to pretend that it isn't wont make them make the game easier.

But I get the impression that people are shocked about the difficulty of the game. This just sounds like people who aren't used to platformers have played a platformer for the first time. DKC:TF isn't much harder than platformers usually are, is all I'm saying. I love when developers don't shy away from putting in some challenge, and I hate when developers go make their next game much easier due to people complaining about the difficulty.

And I actually don't think the game is very hard.. Sure, some stages takes some tries, but having 99 lifes most of the time (since you get a crapload of lifes all the time) makes you able to try many times. Not to mention the shop where you can buy lots of stuff that help you, and I haven't needed a single one of those.. I might be in the minority, but I've played lots of platformers that are much harder.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
Bread_or_Decide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Bread_or_Decide
Member since 2007 • 29761 Posts

@i-rock-socks said:

@Chozofication said:

this

finding all the hidden levels is a pain

I stick to just collecting KONG letters. Those puzzle pieces are too much trouble.

polishkid99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#16 polishkid99
Member since 2007 • 4787 Posts

Beat the final boss on tropical freeze and returns. Loves these games more than the originals.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

@Litchie: What series do you find way more difficult than the Donkey Kong series? Also commenting on the difficulty is not the same as complaining about it. The series is designed to be tough, that is part of its appeal, so of course its a topic of discussion. Retro or whoever makes the next one isn't going to make it easier because people talk about the difficulty they intentionally put in. No one is saying its too hard, they are say its hard at points, that's what they were going for and the struck a near perfect balance in Tropical Freeze.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze is on my list to get. (I am still playing Donkey Kong Country Returns for the Wii and was stuck in the caves level for a long time.) Anyway, I think I am going to like Donkey Kong Tropical freeze too.

imamelia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19  Edited By imamelia
Member since 2008 • 56 Posts

I got 100% completion. The amount you'd have to pay me to go for 200% would be enough to buy another entire new console. If the underwater levels weren't so horrible or the secret levels were better (and making world 6 less lame wouldn't hurt either), this would be my favorite game of all time, but as it stands, it's hard to say whether it's better or worse than Returns.

Litchie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Litchie

@Sepewrath said:

@Litchie: What series do you find way more difficult than the Donkey Kong series? Also commenting on the difficulty is not the same as complaining about it. The series is designed to be tough, that is part of its appeal, so of course its a topic of discussion. Retro or whoever makes the next one isn't going to make it easier because people talk about the difficulty they intentionally put in. No one is saying its too hard, they are say its hard at points, that's what they were going for and the struck a near perfect balance in Tropical Freeze.

MegaMan, Ninja Gaiden, Battletoads, Ghosts'n'Goblins, Castlevania, Super Meat Boy just to name a few. Even some Super Mario games are more difficult. Way more difficult. I think the difficulty of DKC:TF is pretty much perfect. Not easy, not "extremely difficult".

thinkcap

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 thinkcap
Member since 2015 • 54 Posts

Unfortunately no. I bought Tropical Freeze about a month before Bayonetta 2 came out. When Bayo 2 came out I hadn't quite finished TF but needed to sell it to help pay for Bayo 2. The sad part is I only had 2 stages left I believe. But yes it's a difficult game. I can't imagine how many lives I would have funneled through on the final stage. Was there a rocket-barrel portion to the final stage?

I didn't even crack any of the Temple stages. It's unfortunate I sold it but I really wanted Bayonetta 2.

trugs26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By trugs26
Member since 2004 • 7539 Posts

I haven't got shiny gold times on all the levels yet, but other than that, yes I've finished it.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#23 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I finally got KONG letters for all the levels and beat the hidden temple stages. Secret Seclusion is effing brutal so far.

manicfoot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#24 manicfoot
Member since 2006 • 2670 Posts

I did the final boss, but there are several secret levels that are too hard for me. Loved it though, very challenging and rewarding game. Enjoyed David Wise's music too. It was the one thing missing from DKCR for me.

DealRogers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 DealRogers
Member since 2005 • 4589 Posts

Lost many lives but it wasn't that difficult. As Litchie said I would hate that developers turned down the difficulty because of people complaining.

Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Yup basically 100% beat the game. Just missing 5 of those collectables you get from the shop.