Have any of you bought an Import DS game?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 36

User Lists: 0

#1 shabulia
Member since 2004 • 2625 Posts

If so, what one(s) have you bought? Personally, I have gotten two. I just got Game & Watch Collection which is a Club Nintendo of Japan exclusive and is even rare there and I just bought Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) on eBay. That one hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait to get it in the mail. I've seen videos of it on You Tube and it looks great! So, what about all of you? Any importers out there? What say you?

Nifty_Shark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Nifty_Shark
Member since 2007 • 13137 Posts
a week ago I was in Japan and bought Ninja Gaiden for the DS. It was new for the equivalent of 18 dollars and plus not much reading. my first import.
crispyo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#3 crispyo
Member since 2005 • 1801 Posts

i imported jump ultimate stars. really really good game but needs a lot of reading, so you have to use an online faq that translates it. i also have naruto 4 ds its pretty good and doesn't need that much translation.

i think it's best to buy ones which don't need a lot of reading (unless of course you can speak japanese...) because i know i keep forgetting if i haven't played for a while.

zoe256

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#4 zoe256
Member since 2007 • 2821 Posts
My boyfriend imported Professor Layton for my birthday present in June...seeing as it's STILL not out in the UK!
LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts

If so, what one(s) have you bought? Personally, I have gotten two. I just got Game & Watch Collection which is a Club Nintendo of Japan exclusive and is even rare there and I just bought Taiko no Tatsujin (Taiko Drum Master) on eBay. That one hasn't arrived yet but I can't wait to get it in the mail. I've seen videos of it on You Tube and it looks great! So, what about all of you? Any importers out there? What say you?

shabulia

Shabulia,

I got my Game & Watch Collection in the mail today! Brand new, sealed and everything. Although from seeing this I won't be opening mine ANYTIME soon. LOL.

Thank you Chris Kohler, you saved me the curiousity. Now, I can put a down payment on a house with this game in about 20 years, heart you.

Avatar image for HappyGamingNerd
HappyGamingNerd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 18

#6 HappyGamingNerd
Member since 2008 • 181 Posts
I had to import Contra 4 from Hong Kong Because it hasnt come out yet in Europe :(.
Archale

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 Archale
Member since 2006 • 2129 Posts
J!US and Luminous Arc(Don't ask, but now I am stuck with both and English and a Japanese version XD, it's funny how the backside of both is completely different, yet the cover is the exact same)
DrCLos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 DrCLos
Member since 2006 • 1091 Posts
I imported Jump! Ultimate Stars because it is basically a Smash Bros. type game featuring some of my favorite anime/manga characters. It has so many different intellectual properties that a stateside release would be a nightmare due to licensing issues. In other words, it would never happen so I imported it.
shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 shabulia
I know the Jump games. Cool! I was thinking of importing Metal Slug 7. But maybe not because I know it'll be cheaper when it comes to the US. But still, it'd be cool to have early.
namaewaguildo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 namaewaguildo
Member since 2008 • 558 Posts
I've imported jump super stars and jump ultimate stars, both few of many of my favorite games on the DS
hugey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 hugey
Member since 2008 • 135 Posts
The Jump series, Daigasso and Taiko.. I heard Taiko is bringing their game over which means only one thing.. im saving money for this awesome game.. :)
halofanatic12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 halofanatic12
Member since 2008 • 655 Posts

im imported jump ultimate stars and metal slug 7

two great games!

dAvIdguY349

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 dAvIdguY349
Member since 2007 • 519 Posts
How do you import games? I'm curious about this as there are a few games that interest me.
jhockey9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 jhockey9
Member since 2004 • 496 Posts
Tingle's Freshly Picked Rosy Rupeeland from the UK..........don't ask why........
thomassmash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#15 thomassmash
Member since 2008 • 2039 Posts

i've imported jump! ultimate stars and Mugen no Frontier: Super Robot Taisen OG Saga

edwardorito

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#16 edwardorito
Member since 2007 • 574 Posts
Jump ultimate tales of innocence Bangai-o-spirits Bleach 2 Taiko Tatsujin Dragon Quest IV FFIV and waiting to import blue dragon
JLF1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 JLF1
Member since 2005 • 8263 Posts
US DS games are about $20 cheaper then EU games so I import lots of games. It also takes forever for some DS games to be released in EU.
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts
I have two. Tales of the Tempest and Pokemon Perle
shabulia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 shabulia
How do you import games? I'm curious about this as there are a few games that interest me.dAvIdguY349
With the DS, it's actually just a matter of finding an import title and playing it. You don't need some special device or modification. The DS is region-free so you can play any game from anywhere. To find import games, simply look for them online. EBay is a great place to find import titles. Play Asia.com is also a great site. Just look for import game dealers and you're in business. Sometimes import games cost a little more but it's well worth it if you are looking for something that isn't available to you where you live.