tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

I just bought a new switch today,when I try to make an account Nintendo tells me I already have one,so when I try to link my account to my switch is say wrong email or user or password,even that I enter everything correctly.

Before that I found out that apparently this switch was bought by some one else on walmart and change apparently as I saw a woman's or girl name on a profile it says amarylis,but since I never owned a switch I did not think much into it.

Apparently Walmart sold me a already used or exchange switch as new,and apparently this switch was register to a girl so I think it will not allow me to link my account.

Can that be the problem or am I missing something.?

TJDMHEM

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 TJDMHEM
Member since 2006 • 3260 Posts

you might want to call Nintendo at 1-800-255-3700

tormentos

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By tormentos
Member since 2003 • 33784 Posts

@TJDMHEM:

Thanks already fixed it,I found a way to totally unlink that account from the switch,I am more surprise with Walmart policy than anything else I was never told this switch was open by another costumer.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

@tormentos: Did you pay full price for it? sounds a bit dodgy allright.

Atomic1977

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Atomic1977
Member since 2004 • 342 Posts

I’ve heard of this happening with used games at like a GameStop but I never heard of it happening at a Walmart or even on a system in general.

VFighter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 VFighter
Member since 2016 • 11031 Posts

Was the switch packaging sealed when you bought it?

lithichok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#9  Edited By lithichok
Member since 2024 • 1 Posts

So back in the RRoD and YLOD days I did reflows and fix's on them. It was my hobby. I see alot of switch's have different issues. I'm looking into buying just a switch on eBay to go online for smash. How ever I see a lot of different problems. Not turning on, sound coming out but no video, charger port broken.

So my main question here is thier a good compiled list of thier errors and failures. Kinda like the error code System on the 360, by pressing the sync and power button and you would get a 4 digit code that would point to the failed part https://100001.onl/ .

I have been digging around trying to find info on thier errors, but I figured I would ask if thier is a pre-compiled list, or even some ones own experience with different errors.

Little more info, I have a decent reflow station(can't do re balling) but can still reset the solder on some points and the soldering iron is good enough to get even the charger port replaced.

I just wanna make sure I got all my info before diving in.