Has this ever stopped you from buying a Wii game...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 PSfanboy101
Member since 2008 • 1734 Posts

Well i am currently looking to buy Little Kings Story for the Wii but i am a teen and i know for a fact that it any of my friends see me playing LKS they will diss me straight away and i will be totally embarssed. I would really like the game and i know alot of people will just say 'if you want the game just buy it' but its not that simple. Has this ever stopped anyone from buying a game?

- PSfanboy101

gamer6464

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 gamer6464
Member since 2006 • 2239 Posts

Why should you care what your friends think. If you're really that worried about it just play it in secret, it's not like you have to play it in front of them.

intro94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 intro94
Member since 2006 • 2623 Posts

Well i am currently looking to buy Little Kings Story for the Wii but i am a teen and i know for a fact that it any of my friends see me playing LKS they will diss me straight away and i will be totally embarssed. I would really like the game and i know alot of people will just say 'if you want the game just buy it' but its not that simple. Has this ever stopped anyone from buying a game?

- PSfanboy101

PSfanboy101
i understand your feeling, but that really never stopped me.Of course now im over 20 so really, even playing Halo 3 will look as childish as animal crossing to some people of my age(the people who dont know anything about videogames).i dont really care and they wont either after a moment.I play what i want.
Avatar image for Hungry_Homer111
Hungry_Homer111

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 Hungry_Homer111
Member since 2005 • 22479 Posts
No. I "kiddie" games all the time. If it's good, it doesn't matter at all what others think about me.
Avatar image for thriteenthmonke
thriteenthmonke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 thriteenthmonke
Member since 2005 • 49823 Posts
No, it hasn't.
darksongbird

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 44

#6 darksongbird
Member since 2009 • 1237 Posts

The friends that I used to have were casual gamers so really, it didn't matter. I used to play Animal Crossing with them sometimes.

Avatar image for RatchetJunkie20
RatchetJunkie20

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 RatchetJunkie20
Member since 2007 • 966 Posts

It hasn't stopped me from buying a Wii game. Most of my friends are gamers anyway. We don't diss each other on what games we're playing. But seriously, if you want the game that badly, just go ahead and BUY IT. I'm 25 and I'm planning on buying LKS when I get a little more money in my pocket.

haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#8 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36390 Posts
No - I don't care what people think of what games I play. I'm 18 turning 19 - and I'll be getting little king's story day 1. Hell, I don't even care to admit I love cooking mama, its damn fun.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 PSfanboy101
No - I don't care what people think of what games I play. I'm 18 turning 19 - and I'll be getting little king's story day 1. Hell, I don't even care to admit I love cooking mama, its damn fun.Haziqonfire
isnt it already out? 0.0
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]No - I don't care what people think of what games I play. I'm 18 turning 19 - and I'll be getting little king's story day 1. Hell, I don't even care to admit I love cooking mama, its damn fun.PSfanboy101
isnt it already out? 0.0

Not in North America. It released in Europe already.
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 PSfanboy101
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"]No - I don't care what people think of what games I play. I'm 18 turning 19 - and I'll be getting little king's story day 1. Hell, I don't even care to admit I love cooking mama, its damn fun.Haziqonfire
isnt it already out? 0.0

Not in North America. It released in Europe already.

So...would it be out in Australia or not?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"] So...would it be out in Australia or not?

IGN AU already reviewed it so I'm guessing so.
Hynaboy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Hynaboy
Member since 2006 • 327 Posts

I'm 35 years old and playing Little King's story at the moment. I couldn't give a rats fat clacker what my friends think about what i play. By the way the game is awesome to!!!!

PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 PSfanboy101
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"] So...would it be out in Australia or not?Haziqonfire

What did they score it? LOL sorry for being lazy and not checking :P
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="PSfanboy101"] So...would it be out in Australia or not?PSfanboy101

9.5/10
psychobrew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 psychobrew
Member since 2008 • 8888 Posts
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]

- PSfanboy101

If you get embarrassed, your friends will definitely diss you, but if you stay confident and explain the irony of the graphics and how the game is about tyrany and polygamy, you just might be able to pull it off. If you can't convince yourself, there's no way you're going to able to convince anyone else unless you were born to be a salesman. It's either that or keep the game hidden when they're over (or say it's one of your family members).
PSfanboy101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 PSfanboy101
[QUOTE="PSfanboy101"][QUOTE="Haziqonfire"] IGN AU already reviewed it so I'm guessing so.Haziqonfire

9.5/10

Wow...
KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#18 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Allllllmost with LoZ:OoT once. But when i got it anyway, i never ever ever ever ever ever ever let those feelings get in the way of my gaming again.
And i never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever regretted it.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19 KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts
[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]

- PSfanboy101

If you get embarrassed, your friends will definitely diss you, but if you stay confident and explain the irony of the graphics and how the game is about tyrany and polygamy, you just might be able to pull it off. If you can't convince yourself, there's no way you're going to able to convince anyone else unless you were born to be a salesman. It's either that or keep the game hidden when they're over (or say it's one of your family members).

Or a politician, or a physicist, or a boss, or a poker player, or a woman.
Jake2396

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#20 Jake2396
Member since 2009 • 45 Posts

now you know how i felt when my friend caught me playing Beautiful Katamari :(

flazzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 flazzle
Member since 2007 • 6507 Posts

Never.

Please, you HAVE to look at stuff like that as an opportunity to

A) Learn to not care what others think

B) You will actually appear more 'cool' by being so secure to enjoy something that challenges your insecurity.

C) Just be who you are. You will appear more independent.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

My friends questioned me when I got Mario Party 8, I told them its because they know they'll get their ***'s beat down on it.

My friends played it, loved it, now we play it fairly regularly:P

Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts

What is embarassing is that you actually care what they say. Just don't play it infront of them, but dont try to hide it when they're over. It's no big deal.

mdcorte

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 mdcorte
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Age shouldn't be a factor for playing something you enjoy, hell i'm 23 and I still play games that I had when I was 10, games that I should have "outgrown" by now. Play what you want, if anyone disses you screw them, they can't enoy them the way you can.

Master_Hermes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#25 Master_Hermes
Member since 2003 • 5913 Posts

Well i am currently looking to buy Little Kings Story for the Wii but i am a teen and i know for a fact that it any of my friends see me playing LKS they will diss me straight away and i will be totally embarssed.

PSfanboy101

According to the ESRB, this game was made for you. LKS is rated T. Anyway, don't be embarrassed about this kind of thing.

In the Immortal words of C.S Lewis:

"To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence.... When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty, I read them openly. When I became a man, I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up."

^I've used that quote several times on this board but it really does capture the truth about this "kiddie"nonsense like nothing else can. Plus, Lewis is one of my favorite authors.

Pices

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Pices
Member since 2005 • 3910 Posts
It is actually not a "kiddy" game. It has strategies and extra stuff that so-called "core" gamers won't have the brains to solve.
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts

No. Tell your friends there stupid and give then give them the talk about perception of hardcore vs. what gaming is really about. Just cause there aren't hundreds of bullets and dead creatures doesn't mean its a bad game.

deimos113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28 deimos113
Member since 2007 • 516 Posts

i know alot of people will just say 'if you want the game just buy it' but its not that simple. Has this ever stopped anyone from buying a game?

- PSfanboy101

PSfanboy101
It is that simple, you just wont let it
Shayde_Shadow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Shayde_Shadow
Member since 2009 • 213 Posts

- PSfanboy101

PSfanboy101

I got this game the other day, and currently I'm loving it. And I'm in my mid-teens! Don't let what your friends thinkmake you miss out on this game, because you'll regret it if you do. And if you're that worried about what your friends think, tell them it's full of tyrany and polygamy (as was mentioned by psychobrew). That'll win them over.;)

so_hai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 89

#30 so_hai
Member since 2007 • 4385 Posts

- PSfanboy101

PSfanboy101
I'm almost 30 and I'm going to buy it. Good games are good games.
Lto_thaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31 Lto_thaG
Member since 2006 • 22611 Posts

Not at all.My taste.I don't care what people think about me.

Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#32 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
I'm almost 19 and my friends didn't make fun of me when I was playing Rhythm Heaven on my DS. Nor was I ashamed of playing it in front of them. Great game BTW.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#33 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts

I don't have any problems with that at all. I love playing great games with colorful visuals (Little King's Story, Zack and Wiki, Mario Galaxy) and watching Disney animations, but I don't have any problems even saying that to all my friends even though I know a few of them will think that it is ridiculous. I just don't care about it and you shouldn't either because those games are a lot of fun anyway.

Head_of_games

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 Head_of_games
Member since 2007 • 10859 Posts
*sighs* It's no more "kiddy" than Mario, Pokemon, etc. If you're friends make fun of you, they are most likely idiots. I recommend you show them your seven wives in the game.
-snorlax-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 -snorlax-
Member since 2009 • 721 Posts

- PSfanboy101

PSfanboy101
Thats y Im not getting it. Its too childish for my hardcor3 needs
hellspetrock

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#36 hellspetrock
Member since 2008 • 516 Posts

PSfanboy101

If your friends think what you play or do is stupid or dumb there not your real friends.

I would be lookin' for some new pals if I were you

EvilShark94

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 EvilShark94
Member since 2007 • 203 Posts

i know what your talking about because im 15, but i really dont care what my friends think, so no it never stopped me from buying a game.

Wolblade

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38 Wolblade
Member since 2008 • 986 Posts

No - I don't care what people think of what games I play. I'm 18 turning 19 - and I'll be getting little king's story day 1. Hell, I don't even care to admit I love cooking mama, its damn fun.Haziqonfire

Ditto.

pimpmusterd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#39 pimpmusterd
Member since 2008 • 140 Posts

[QUOTE="psychobrew"][QUOTE="PSfanboy101"]

- PSfanboy101

KungfuKitten

Or a politician, or a physicist, or a boss, or a poker player, or a woman.

hahaha i almost pissed myself reading this

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts
At first I was a bit shy about games, but now it's just like who cares. It's who I am.
AlexSays

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41 AlexSays
Member since 2008 • 6612 Posts
Actually I have self-esteem but I guess not having it is cool for some people too.
j03yAsunder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42 j03yAsunder
Member since 2006 • 941 Posts

If your letting friends tell you what to play, then your playing video games for the wrong reasons... I play w/e I wanna play and could care less what anyone else thinks, you should do the same...

FFCYAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43 FFCYAN
Member since 2005 • 4969 Posts

The only person who loses in this situatuon is you TC. Unless being "cool" to your friends is more important than getting and playing what you want.

Avatar image for themagicbum9720
themagicbum9720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44 themagicbum9720
Member since 2007 • 6536 Posts
never have and never will.
kardine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#45 kardine
Member since 2008 • 2863 Posts
LKS is Bad*** why would they diss you? The game is fun?!
nintendoman562

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46 nintendoman562
Member since 2007 • 5593 Posts

It's rated T and you can have multiple wives in the game. It's not childish.

funsohng

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47 funsohng
Member since 2005 • 29976 Posts
pfff i play visual novels in front of my friends they got used to it