Has Nintendo ever mention producing new content for VC?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts

When I see Pac Man Championship Edition on Live or Calling all cars on the PS3 store I get excited. Then I look at the New Wii VC downloadables and snore like crazy.

I'm just wondering if any one has ever read anything about Big N making new original content for the VC. for instance, Wii play could have been a VC game easily.

jsrock_on54

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#2 jsrock_on54
Member since 2003 • 627 Posts
they should release OoT Master Quest on it, and any other games that were never officially released on their origional systems at the least
mattyftm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 mattyftm
Member since 2005 • 7306 Posts

they should release OoT Master Quest on it, and any other games that were never officially released on their origional systems at the leastjsrock_on54

Like starfox 2. that was finished but never released.

tman978

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#4 tman978
Member since 2003 • 2007 Posts
Those are great Ideas. My issue though is Starfox 2 is over 10 yrs old and super dated. I dont know If I'll want to play it any more. I saw video footage of the game and it looked all choppy.
zenszulu

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 26

#5 zenszulu
Member since 2004 • 1907 Posts
They have mentioned it before, but nothing really other than saying its possible.
docmarionum1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 docmarionum1
Member since 2004 • 101 Posts
It would also be nice to see some region-only titles that we never got in the US, even if they were in Japanese, it would be cool.
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17877 Posts
there have been whispers of allowing devs to make smaller games for the VC. nothing official though as far as i know. it would be ace if ninty released their own version of XNA though. allow the public to make their own games and play around with the hardware a bit. the PC has a great developement community where cool ideas are brought to frutition on a regular basis. even little ideas like clearing out a certain coloured peg from a level with a ball. note to everyone. go on steam and try peggle (free demo). its bloody brilliant. id love to see those kind of game on the VC. not quite commercial release material but ideal for the VC and similar services.
Avatar image for Nintendo_Ownes7
Nintendo_Ownes7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#8 Nintendo_Ownes7
Member since 2005 • 30973 Posts
There is a game going onto the VC maybe not the VC it might be a New Channel it is a Remake of Impossible Mission from the Comadore (spelling?)64, it is also going to be on the DS the DS version will have to be bought in stores and the Wii version will just be through Download.
meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Where the hell have you guys been? System 3 is putting Impossible Mission both new and old versions on the vc instead of releasing it as a disc. Nintendo has commented from numerous officals numerous times that original content would be showing up on the wii ware section the later half of this year.