Has anybody tried the new Mario Tennis Aces demo yet?

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

Wow this game is pretty difficult against other players for me, at least in Mario kart I feel like I've got a chance lol. Still very fun though, and definitely worth checking out.

How are you folks liking it?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#2 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea, i might just beat the single player and thats it. unless i am somehow ok at the online which i doubt. I usually suck at sports games. when i played mario strikers on wii i got completetly destroyed.

also when i played nba playgrounds on switch last year i thought i was good. i beat the cpu nicely but as soon as i went online i saw the reality that i freaking sucked.

i already quit mario kart 8 deluxe. everytime i get lucky in 1st i get blue shelled or they give me coins and i get red shelled. i'm done with that game.

---

i just tried the tutorial on mario tennis just now. seems fun. dont know if ill try an online match. i'd rather wait till i get the real game and play through the story mode. after that i feel i will be ready to see how i do online. if i do it right now i wont be confident at all. or maybe ill try later who knows :P

mandzilla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 mandzilla  Moderator
Member since 2017 • 4686 Posts

@KBFloYd: Haha damn, yeah I know that feeling. All too familiar! ? Your experience with NBA Playgrounds sounds exactly like what happened with me and this demo. Played through the tutorial, whooped cpu Bowser's ass in a practice match, then got my own ass kicked by everybody online. *sigh*

Mario Kart I do okay in, but there's a lot more luck involved in that I suppose. Can definitely understand how blue shells would turn you off that game for a while though lol. The battles are definitely fun anyway!

That sounds like a good plan, play through the single player to sharpen your skills and then hit the online when you're comfortable with all the shots and special moves. That's what I did with Splatoon 2, really sucked to begin with but now I love it. But hey if you do try it out then best of luck!

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

@mandzilla said:

@KBFloYd: Haha damn, yeah I know that feeling. All too familiar! ? Your experience with NBA Playgrounds sounds exactly like what happened with me and this demo. Played through the tutorial, whooped cpu Bowser's ass in a practice match, then got my own ass kicked by everybody online. *sigh*

Mario Kart I do okay in, but there's a lot more luck involved in that I suppose. Can definitely understand how blue shells would turn you off that game for a while though lol. The battles are definitely fun anyway!

That sounds like a good plan, play through the single player to sharpen your skills and then hit the online when you're comfortable with all the shots and special moves. That's what I did with Splatoon 2, really sucked to begin with but now I love it. But hey if you do try it out then best of luck!

i am starting to get a little upset with splatoon also. sometimes i feel like choking my teammate through the internet. lol

and i have to take days off to get back in the mood to play again. i dont think ill ever get to X rank.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#5  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

Same here. I will buy it if the single player / challenges are substantial enough. It seems like a good game, but I haven't gotten a feel for it yet. I feel like I could be doing more, and am still struggling with the controls a little. Like I'm not using slice and topspin correctly.

I think you're supposed to counter a slice with a topspin for instance, if you want certain something somethings... yeah. I'm interested enough to try it some more. Oh and my aim with the Power Shots and Zone Shots is all over the place because I freeze up like a myotonic goat.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30684 Posts

Yeah its fun, but it seems like some people had been playing it nonstop since the second it became available lol. I won 3 matches and lost like 5, but some people--it was just a no contest. Seems like they had the game for years and they ran circles around me.

uninspiredcup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 86

User Lists: 2

#7 uninspiredcup
Member since 2013 • 58830 Posts

Might pick it up if online is active, be a nice change of pace from fighting games.

KungfuKitten

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#8  Edited By KungfuKitten
Member since 2006 • 27389 Posts

I just had an excellent match against another bad player. The first set took us over 10 minutes because we kept deucing out. We both used all the shots and outsmarted each other several times. There were a couple times where you could tell one of us thought we had won and the other player would still save it with a trick shot. It basically sold me on the game because it was so much fun. We were both probably cheering and yelling at the TV. That was an hour ago and I'm still shaking XD Of course I still lost in the end but it was fun.

I think it was a bit of that fighting game juice that you get when you are having a good tense match. I never have that, because I'm not good at fighting games.

I am also interested in trying the simple mode with 'just' the tennis shots.

bgres077

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 67

#9 bgres077
Member since 2005 • 12694 Posts

Played a few online matches the first day and was winning/losing about half the time. Apparently people have nothing better to do than play a demo today because when I tried again I got destroyed 2-0 every time. If this game doesn't have a 25+ hour single player story mode I will be passing. The online just seems like it will be impossible to win tournaments unless you are playing nonstop.

Adelin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 Adelin
Member since 2018 • 1 Posts

I did,and look like it's good

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

I had a blast to be honest. Will buy this in 3 weeks.

Aki2017

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 Aki2017
Member since 2017 • 817 Posts

I did and loved it. SOLID tennis game, even if your not a Mario fan. Will be buying for sure