Hackers in Mario Kart Wii have really become ridiculous

This topic is locked from further discussion.

J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

So I was playing Mario Kart Wii online and some guy named Mr. Noel joined the group I was in. He had 30,000 VR so I could tell right away he was a hacker because it doesn't go higher than 9999 VR does it? I've never seen it go higher than that but anyway we did a few races and he'd usally always come in first or sometimes a bit lower, and if he lost he wouldn't loose any points at all, his VR stayed at 30,000 and even if he lost points it wouldn't go down. On the last race I did with him playing it was Rainbow Road. He was firing off three blue shells all at once and he did this multiple times. When he'd get green or red shells he'd shoot six instead of three and when he got the red question mark boxes five would come out at once in a big clump instead of one. It made Rainbow Road really difficult. Everyone was getting bombarded with blue shells and it was just really crazy. I managed to come in second and I got over 200 points for beating him which was nice but after that I left the group. I've never raced anyone who hacked that badly before, anyone else have a similar experience?

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts
This stuff is happening almost every time I play the game now. The Battle Mode is essentially ruined when this happens. It's nothing new, either. I made a thread about this months ago. There's nothing you can do, and Nintendo doesn't care (I've contacted them about it, they gave me a typical PR response).
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#3 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
Twice I encountered someone who was invincible for all 3 minutes of the game, and they even hit me and stole all my coins when I was on their team. There's always a few morons out there who have to ruin the dang game.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bob_newman
Twice I encountered someone who was invincible for all 3 minutes of the game, and they even hit me and stole all my coins when I was on their team. There's always a few morons out there who have to ruin the dang game.wiifan001
It's not a few. It's a lot. I see one every time I play.
wiifan001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 35

#5 wiifan001
Member since 2007 • 18660 Posts
[QUOTE="wiifan001"]Twice I encountered someone who was invincible for all 3 minutes of the game, and they even hit me and stole all my coins when I was on their team. There's always a few morons out there who have to ruin the dang game.bob_newman

Every time? oh come on you can't mean EEEEVVERRRY time. I just got off after several rounds had no trouble.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 bob_newman
[QUOTE="bob_newman"][QUOTE="wiifan001"]Twice I encountered someone who was invincible for all 3 minutes of the game, and they even hit me and stole all my coins when I was on their team. There's always a few morons out there who have to ruin the dang game.wiifan001

Every time? oh come on you can't mean EEEEVVERRRY time. I just got off after several rounds had no trouble.

Every time I play online (be it for 20 minutes, an hour, or whatever) I see at least one person cheating. Sometimes they'll use the Giant Mushroom and constantly run people over, sometimes they use a star, but my personal favorite is the 3 red shells. Mind you, I only play battle. I don't race, so I don't know how bad it is there.
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

[QUOTE="wiifan001"][QUOTE="bob_newman"] It's not a few. It's a lot. I see one every time I play.bob_newman

Every time I play online (be it for 20 minutes, an hour, or whatever) I see at least one person cheating. Sometimes they'll use the Giant Mushroom and constantly run people over, sometimes they use a star, but my personal favorite is the 3 red shells. Mind you, I only play battle. I don't race, so I don't know how bad it is there.

I'm the exact opposite, I usually always race :P. I've only encountered two or three other hackers racing but this time was the worst.

link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
This hasn't happened to me yet but one way you can prevent this is by playing rivals
PlasmaBeam44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#9 PlasmaBeam44
Member since 2007 • 9052 Posts
Didn't Nintendo go through and ban a bunch of those people a few months ago? I remember hearing something about that but I could be wrong.
-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts
Not surprised. From what Ive witnessed, the Wii hacking community almost quadrupled 2 months ago, and it was huge to begin with. Its a huge problem now.
cowboysrock981

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 cowboysrock981
Member since 2008 • 24 Posts
I have never encountered a hacker in Mario Kart Wii, and I play it quite a bit. Although judging by your comments, I suppose I'm just lucky. I never thought they were such a problem...
RTS____EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 RTS____EX
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
no solution for that problem... those **** you can only hate them.... i recommend to you listening some metal
JuarN18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 JuarN18
Member since 2007 • 4981 Posts
I have never encountered a hacker in Mario Kart Wii, and I play it quite a bit. Although judging by your comments, I suppose I'm just lucky. I never thought they were such a problem...cowboysrock981
I never had a problem in mario kart (atleast in racing)
nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
Nintendo offered a solution. They're called Friend Codes. Unfortunately, That's the only way to enjoy any game online now (Not saying just friend codes, but gamertags, etc). Playing with anybody will most likely end up in going against cheaters and the such. Even though winning against someone that is cheating offers that much more gratitude, it still ruins the online experience for everybody.
CaramelTerror

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 CaramelTerror
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

Hi.. :)

I'm new here..

Well,anyways,a guy with a weird nickname,something like Cahul(with a bunch of these weird letters,stars,hearts,etc) logged into the battle game..He was on my team at first and then it was me and another person against him.He was a hacker and he was invinciblefor the 3 whole minutes.

I got so mad that I logged off ^^"

But there are too many of them.I've seem some that even become invisible or something..All we got to do is to accept it and just leave the games where they're in since we can do nothing about it and I guess that Nintendo doesn't really care.

Let It Be ~

DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts
Hmmmm.... i thinking of going back to playing Mario kart wii online again but now that I hear this I think i'm just going to stay again. Ill enjoy time trails a guess. >_>
osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#18 osan0
Member since 2004 • 17813 Posts
when u bring games online, u need to have a patching system. its simply not optional. its just impossible to test every single concievable possibility in a game and lock it down before launch...not in a 2-3 year development cycle anyway. there needed for 2 reasons 1) rebalancing the game. its impossible to make sure everythign is perfectly balanced and fair from day one. players will always find an exploit or an imbalance and use it. 2) solving the hacking problems above and problems like them. its not such a problem for a single player games or a local MP game but when a game is online, provisions for patches are a must. hopefully ninty realise that next gen.
DJ-Lafleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#19 DJ-Lafleur
Member since 2007 • 35604 Posts

If there is one thing I hate, it's hackers. Seriously, I cannot comprehend how someone could be so pathetic or such a loser that they have to hack a video game to win and ruin the experiernce for everyone else. Whatever happened to having fun? Who actually wants to go through hacking a freaking game? Is it really worth it? They should do themselves and everyone else a favor and hack themselves a life. :|

rant over. :P

-starman-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 -starman-
Member since 2008 • 2822 Posts

I don't notice it very often when I race. I never battle.

However, i see it the most when I do World match-ups. It's rare on the Regional ones. I spent about an hour today racing Regionally, no hackers.

The best solution for when you encounter one is to simply leave the room. Finish the race and leave.

Still, the fact that it's a problem at all is ridiculous. I've said it before on the Mario Kart forum, but anyone that needs to hack a Wii game to have fun has WAY too much time on their hands.

teknic1200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 teknic1200
Member since 2007 • 3191 Posts
If there is one thing I hate, it's hackers. Seriously, I cannot comprehend how someone could be so pathetic or such a loser that they have to hack a video game to win and ruin the experiernce for everyone else. DJ-Lafleur
worse then those who do it to win are those who do it because they know it angers other people. getting enjoyment out of frustrating others is the same type of behavior as hurting small animals for fun.
link027

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 link027
Member since 2008 • 1110 Posts
There is a solution I already said you just play rivals because then you will most likely not play hackers
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 bob_newman
There is a solution I already said you just play rivals because then you will most likely not play hackerslink027
Who has 12 rivals online at any given time? Fact is, you're going to have to play random people.
goblaa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#24 goblaa
Member since 2006 • 19304 Posts

I only race, I never battle ...cause MKwiis battle system is just awful.

But, in racing i've only seen it a couple of times, and I race online nearly every day.

Blockie123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#25 Blockie123
Member since 2008 • 61 Posts
The hackers on Mario Kart DS are much worse. This one guy had Unlimited Red Shells! Everytime I got in front of him... BAM! I was hit with 30 red shells!
nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#26 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41527 Posts
What did Datel release this time for hackers?
boardn720

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 boardn720
Member since 2008 • 5310 Posts
I have seen this and it just sucks when people cheat. granted I've only had it happen a couple of times. The easiest thing to do is leave the room and get a new set of racers.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#28 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts
How in the world are people hacking? Does it relate to homebrew software, or an Action Replay for the Wii?
JERMINITIS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#29 JERMINITIS
Member since 2007 • 1517 Posts

I have never encountered a hacker in Mario Kart Wii, and I play it quite a bit. Although judging by your comments, I suppose I'm just lucky. I never thought they were such a problem...cowboysrock981

ditto

SoNin360

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 328

User Lists: 3

#30 SoNin360
Member since 2008 • 7175 Posts
I've only had 1 true encounter of a hacker with infinite blue shells, the funny thing though was that I got second and the jerk didn't even win. So atleast it wasn't to his advantage. And Iv'e only done a few battles but Iv'e noticed that I don't always get the point when I run over someone else with say a giant mushroom or something. but really I'm getting some enjoyment done out of the wi-fi before it's complete crap like Mario Kart DS, but the way it has been I don't think that will be too short a way I still get decent races and all.
XDXDXDXDXDXDXD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#31 XDXDXDXDXDXDXD
Member since 2007 • 2399 Posts
I gave on Mario Kart online because of that. It's pretty dang annoying.
peach79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32 peach79
Member since 2006 • 367 Posts
What's wrong with kid's today? Back in the nes snes days s**t like this didn;t happen, you actually had to have skill. Now, all these damn kids cheat because they are too lazy to actually practice to become good. Cheat codes are the bane of the next-gen systems existence.
bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33 bob_newman

I only race, I never battle ...cause MKwiis battle system is just awful.

But, in racing i've only seen it a couple of times, and I race online nearly every day.

goblaa
Actually, in my opinion, MK's Battle Mode is some of the best competitive multiplayer on the Wii. The only problem I have with it is that I'm tired of all the levels. The 3 minute time limit doesn't bother me, the team-based structure doesn't bother me (in fact, I prefer it), and the limited modes doesn't bother me. It has enough to it for me to have fun.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts

So I was playing Mario Kart Wii online and some guy named Mr. Noel joined the group I was in. He had 30,000 VR so I could tell right away he was a hacker because it doesn't go higher than 9999 VR does it? I've never seen it go higher than that but anyway we did a few races and he'd usally always come in first or sometimes a bit lower, and if he lost he wouldn't loose any points at all, his VR stayed at 30,000 and even if he lost points it wouldn't go down. On the last race I did with him playing it was Rainbow Road. He was firing off three blue shells all at once and he did this multiple times. When he'd get green or red shells he'd shoot six instead of three and when he got the red question mark boxes five would come out at once in a big clump instead of one. It made Rainbow Road really difficult. Everyone was getting bombarded with blue shells and it was just really crazy. I managed to come in second and I got over 200 points for beating him which was nice but after that I left the group. I've never raced anyone who hacked that badly before, anyone else have a similar experience?

J_Ford
There are a bunch of hackers in Mario Kart Wii so that is why I don't play it anymore.
mkw_leo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35 mkw_leo
Member since 2010 • 25 Posts
it happens alot in racing when they throw about 4 blue shells at you at a time before the race even starts. its getting really annoying but sometimes you play against a "good" hacker and he stops before he wins so he doesnt get first. playing against hackers tho is honestly quite fun. its fun to have a hacker after about 100 boring races :-P
wolf487

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36 wolf487
Member since 2010 • 272 Posts

If there is one thing I hate, it's hackers. Seriously, I cannot comprehend how someone could be so pathetic or such a loser that they have to hack a video game to win and ruin the experiernce for everyone else. Whatever happened to having fun? Who actually wants to go through hacking a freaking game? Is it really worth it? They should do themselves and everyone else a favor and hack themselves a life. :|

rant over. :P

DJ-Lafleur

I'ts because they suck and they wanna feel good about themselves