Guys, I tink I might sell my DS... Should I?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

I think I havent played anything on the DS since I have finished zelda. I havent bought more that 3 games in probably about a year and a half or more, and I really feel that the games I bought were not so good. I dont have anygames to look forwark to from everything that has been announced. I just think that this console is going nowhere, and now that nintendo is takeing a more casual way with games, I feel I wont really like any of te next games they release.

I think I might just sell it with the games and buy my self more games for when I get a psp, since mine got robbed just before the great games started comeing out.

The thing thatbothers me is that all the great games I had before one day might come in handy (both castlevanias, bomberman, zelda, pokemon and all that), but I could play them on my DS fat, which I gave to my niece.

Are there any games I might have looked over that I could buy or look forward?

Should I sell it? Maybe wait a few months, finish fire emble, and use the money to buy GTA or Prolouge:

How much can I get for it at a gamespot, own shop or something?

BurnoutAddict

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 BurnoutAddict
Member since 2006 • 1373 Posts
Don't know what to tell you, but if you do decide to sell it do so on ebay.
MAILER_DAEMON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 MAILER_DAEMON
Member since 2003 • 45906 Posts

Ok, whatever you do, do NOT sell a console while new games are still being made for it. Not only is a new Fire Emblem game on the way, but Tecmo just released an exclusive Ninja Gaiden game for it. There are also games like The World Ends With You that look interesting, and though they haven't officially announced it yet, Koji Igarashi said last year that they were working on a new Castlevania game for the DS. There are a lot of other things that haven't been announced yet, but also, remember that this is the DS board. If you want reccomendations about getting a PSP, go to its board.

As for me, I have both, and refuse to sell either.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
Well, if you're not interested in Ninja Gaiden and The World Ends with You which are just around the corner, then go ahead and sell it.
Avatar image for deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
deactivated-5f9ba38f308de

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 deactivated-5f9ba38f308de
Member since 2005 • 1468 Posts
The DS is only worth 150 and you won't get much more (if even) than 100$...which isn't much for a console, i'd rather just keep it.
Tlahui

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Tlahui
Member since 2005 • 1552 Posts

Ok, whatever you do, do NOT sell a console while new games are still being made for it. Not only is a new Fire Emblem game on the way, but Tecmo just released an exclusive Ninja Gaiden game for it. There are also games like The World Ends With You that look interesting, and though they haven't officially announced it yet, Koji Igarashi said last year that they were working on a new Castlevania game for the DS. There are a lot of other things that haven't been announced yet, but also, remember that this is the DS board. If you want reccomendations about getting a PSP, go to its board.

As for me, I have both, and refuse to sell either.

MAILER_DAEMON

I really dont wanna sell it either, I keep saying I will play the games later on, but I probably wont.

I didnt like NG sigma, so I wont be buying the one for DS, but care to tell me more about the new fire emblem and the world end with you?

is it an RPG or what?

joeychew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 joeychew
Member since 2003 • 4580 Posts
are still some final fantasy and kingdom hearts games for the NDS.
laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts
[QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]

Tlahui

the world end with you?

is it an RPG or what?

Yes, an action RPG from the kingdom Heart team. You can read IGN's recent hands-on here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/859/859803p1.html

toehold

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 toehold
Member since 2007 • 118 Posts

I sort of know what you're going through, but I don't feel like that with my DS. In general I think that DS games aren't very good, but there are some good games around and more are coming. Thing is they're not cheap. The DS itself is very cheap, but the games aren't. We all miss games like Bomberman and whatever else, we go pull them out of the cupboard and play them for a little while, but then they go straight back in the cupboard. It's better to have the one console. If you find that you like the games on the PSP and you want more of the PSP games, stick with it. If there are no DS games that you're very interested in, you can't make yourself become interested. Like I said, I sort of understand how you're feeling, I feel the same about my Wii.

Good luck.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#10 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
Unless you're really hard up for cash and there's a game for another system that you absolutely must have, I find selling systems to be a bad idea 99 times out of 100. I've seen so many blog posts of people saying "I sold system X because it had no games but now it has game Y and I really really want to play it :cry:". Happens over and over and over because people are too impatient. I don't think it's worth it, myself. Just save up and buy the other system without selling your current one.
Tailscoolio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#11 Tailscoolio
Member since 2006 • 443 Posts
[QUOTE="Tlahui"][QUOTE="MAILER_DAEMON"]

laus_basic

the world end with you?

is it an RPG or what?

Yes, an action RPG from the kingdom Heart team. You can read IGN's recent hands-on here: http://ds.ign.com/articles/859/859803p1.html

Wow, i hadn't heard much from this game before but now its going on my wish list ;) And it even says its multiplayer? but is there a release date?

acidrain1976

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 acidrain1976
Member since 2007 • 160 Posts

The DS is so sweet... why sell it? I mean, if none of the games you see look interesting, then by all means get rid of it, but you'll just end up losing money.

Ninja Gaiden, The World Ends With You (OH MY), FF IV, a new Castlevania, Paper Mario (they HAVE to release a Paper Mario, right?)... and there's gonna be more than that.

Here's my reasoning about the Paper Mario: Other than a Paper Mario DS being an obvious release... imagine what Nintendo is going to do with the stylus and Paper Mario... a pen and paper? They're taking their time because of how innovative it's going to be. It'll be handheld GOTY if it ever comes out and no mistake, LOL.

After I played Phantom Hourglass, I knew I'd never get rid of mine, and that's just one game.

Mystic_Legend

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Mystic_Legend
Member since 2005 • 960 Posts

Unless you're really hard up for cash and there's a game for another system that you absolutely must have, I find selling systems to be a bad idea 99 times out of 100. I've seen so many blog posts of people saying "I sold system X because it had no games but now it has game Y and I really really want to play it :cry:". Happens over and over and over because people are too impatient. I don't think it's worth it, myself. Just save up and buy the other system without selling your current one.GabuEx

100% Agree. I really don't understand the concept of selling your consoles. Just keep it and save up for the other. I guess to each his own, I personally would never do it because I like the collecting factor of consoles, each one is another added to the collection.

Avatar image for deactivated-582d495c81bdf
deactivated-582d495c81bdf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 deactivated-582d495c81bdf
Member since 2008 • 751 Posts
Keep it. They will make a better game sometime soon. If you sell it you will regret it in the future.
jcert_15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 jcert_15
Member since 2003 • 25 Posts

I'd keep the DS if I were you.

Who knows what kinds of other software Nintendo could utilize in the future for the DS' touch-screen function? By the way, I've just finished Professor Layton, Zelda, Apollo Justice and they were really great. I guess that you could only definitively decide to let go of your console after you play these knds of games...the type of gaming experience for which the DS was really made for.