Guitar Hero World Tour Instruments

This topic is locked from further discussion.

m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 m00cherman
Member since 2008 • 86 Posts
Any idea now that GHWT has come out if the instruments will be compatible with the Rock Band 2 instruments? Or will I have to wait til RB2 comes out to find out? (And yes I've seen the articles that say they won't be, but I've seen an interview from Harmonix made within a week that they might be. So don't tell me an answer you have recent evdience please)
Amm795

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#2 Amm795
Member since 2007 • 49 Posts
They won't. Guitar Hero needs the wii remote to use each instrument and Rock band doesnt need any.
m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 m00cherman
I realize that. Harmonix realizes that. Activision realizes that. They're still working on it, apparently. Doesn't anyone have concrete evidence?
J_Ford

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#4 J_Ford
Member since 2003 • 2246 Posts

Why would Guitar Hero World Tour's instruments be compatible with Rock Band 2's, especially when they're competing with eachother? That doesn't seem like a smart thing to do since one of those games would be losing out on a lot of money. Someone would only have to buy one of the Band kits that comes with the drums and everything, and then just buy a copy of the other game without the drums and everything else. They're competing with eachother, it wouldn't make sense for them to want to help eachother out like that.

m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 m00cherman
I agree personally. Apparently though I'm the only one to do the reasearch. They both are compatible for 360 and PS3. So what you said is a moot point; they already have helped each other out on the other systems.
SSBFan12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 SSBFan12
Member since 2008 • 11981 Posts
Any idea now that GHWT has come out if the instruments will be compatible with the Rock Band 2 instruments? Or will I have to wait til RB2 comes out to find out? (And yes I've seen the articles that say they won't be, but I've seen an interview from Harmonix made within a week that they might be. So don't tell me an answer you have recent evdience please)m00cherman
They are the same but WOrld tour you have to put in your wiimotes in side the instruments and Rock band 2 you don't.
m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 m00cherman
Sigh. I have to be more clear. What I mean is will you be able to use the World Tour instruments on Rock Band 2 or vice versa? And don't say that's ridiculous because you can on 360 and PS3.
Jonorrhea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Jonorrhea
Member since 2007 • 25 Posts

Why would Guitar Hero World Tour's instruments be compatible with Rock Band 2's, especially when they're competing with eachother? That doesn't seem like a smart thing to do since one of those games would be losing out on a lot of money. Someone would only have to buy one of the Band kits that comes with the drums and everything, and then just buy a copy of the other game without the drums and everything else. They're competing with eachother, it wouldn't make sense for them to want to help eachother out like that.

J_Ford

Your rant seems to offer nothing towards the actual answer ofcompatibility

m00cherman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 m00cherman

Agreed. Hmm... I guess we'll have to wait til RB2 comes out to find out. Anybody know when that is?

pokljyut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 pokljyut
Member since 2003 • 113 Posts
I'm not sure if there's firm release date on RB2 for Wii. On the question of compatibility, has anyone tried the RB1 drums with GH:WT?
AlmightyDerek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 AlmightyDerek
Member since 2002 • 4144 Posts
You supposedly can use the world tour instruments on Rock Band 2 on the Wii. I have no idea about the other way around. They both do have different interfaces but all the developers would have to do is add the ability for the software to recognize both. The PS3 and 360 versions do (mostly) and they'll even adjust for the different drumsets as Guitar Hero's has more input pads. It can easily be done, its just a matter of putting the resources into it. I just wish the PS3 Rock Band instruments would work on the Wii Guitar Hero, that's would help me, as my guitar hero drumset doesn't work right. I guess I can dream.
Avatar image for remmbermytitans
remmbermytitans

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#12 remmbermytitans
Member since 2005 • 7214 Posts

J_Ford

If you think about it, how many people would get both games? Not many. Wouldn't it be beneficial for both companies to have compatible parts? This way lets say you buy Rock Band 2's drums and guitar set, you can still go out and just purchase the actual disc for World Tour rather than rebuying the drums and guitar. This allows for BOTH companies to gain some sort of profit.