This topic is locked from further discussion.

UltimaVgamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 UltimaVgamer
Member since 2007 • 52 Posts

what do you think should be in the next guitar hero

i think there should be:

-make your own character

-make your own guitar

-more guitar battles

-maybe another fret to add to the challenge

any more ideas/ songs you think they should add

Ghosty1212

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Ghosty1212
Member since 2006 • 398 Posts
I dunno, probably the support to import your own songs, and support for emo songs.
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 51

#3 UnlivedPhalanx
Member since 2005 • 5433 Posts
We need to have some Euro metal, I personally would love to see some Edguy up on there.
ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
what exactly was added to the previous two? I'm actually curious because I never really got into the fad.
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 UnlivedPhalanx

what exactly was added to the previous two? I'm actually curious because I never really got into the fad.ZumaJones07

The biggest improvement was licensing, they have gotten a lot of original recordings on 3 that they had to re-tape with a cover band for 1 and 2

redhotpeppers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#6 redhotpeppers
Member since 2008 • 166 Posts

I think Guitar hero four should have a song by the red hot chili peppers

They should also have a feature where you can make your own guitar player.

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts

[QUOTE="ZumaJones07"]what exactly was added to the previous two? I'm actually curious because I never really got into the fad.UnlivedPhalanx

The biggest improvement was licensing, they have gotten a lot of original recordings on 3 that they had to re-tape with a cover band for 1 and 2

I guess that would make for a better game, but other than new songs and a little graphics update.... what is it that appeals to you the most? I've played the games before and get tired after a few rounds. I guess it's just me because everyone else is singing along, having fun, and they're actually good at the game. Is that what makes it so popular? Anything past three - green, yellow, and red - buttons is expert :P:lol:
Fancy_mudlaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Fancy_mudlaker
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
RIGHT ONNN, EDGUY....its hard to believe theres another fan
evil_pickle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 evil_pickle
Member since 2005 • 507 Posts
Edguy for the win!!! King of fools!
biohazard4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#10 biohazard4
Member since 2005 • 211 Posts

They should also have a feature where you can make your own guitar player.

redhotpeppers

AMEN!!! A better RHCP song atleast

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 UnlivedPhalanx

RIGHT ONNN, EDGUY....its hard to believe theres another fanFancy_mudlaker

Alright man, shoot me a Friend Request!

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts

make your own music

led zeppelin

no emo music (i dont wanna be strumming the same 3 notes for 5 minutes listening to a teenager whine)

SN35_2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 SN35_2
Member since 2007 • 851 Posts
Paralyzer should be on GH 4
tobenator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#14 tobenator
Member since 2005 • 3777 Posts

Why hasn't Jimmy Paige been on a GH game? And what about Jimi Hendrix? A Steve Vai song would be sick too.

icarus212001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 icarus212001
Member since 2007 • 2744 Posts
^^^^^^ common sense isnt an ability we all share, i'm afraid ^^^^
UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 UnlivedPhalanx

Why hasn't Jimmy Paige been on a GH game? And what about Jimi Hendrix? A Steve Vai song would be sick too.

tobenator

Wasn't Vai the guy who did the MJOLNIR MIX for the Halo theme?

Ospov

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Ospov
Member since 2007 • 3708 Posts

I dunno, probably the support to import your own songs, and support for emo songs.Ghosty1212

No support for emo. Emo music only has 3-4 chords in the song and that would be boring. I know not all emo songs are like that, but you have to admit that emo is not anywhere near as complicated as other types of music. Most people that play Guitar Hero are playing for the guitar parts. They don't want to hear a whiny singer crying about his ex.

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 UnlivedPhalanx

[QUOTE="Ghosty1212"]I dunno, probably the support to import your own songs, and support for emo songs.Ospov

No support for emo. Emo music only has 3-4 chords in the song and that would be boring. I know not all emo songs are like that, but you have to admit that emo is not anywhere near as complicated as other types of music. Most people that play Guitar Hero are playing for the guitar parts. They don't want to hear a whiny singer crying about his ex.

I thought that was country not emo?

Tuky06

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 Tuky06
Member since 2007 • 5026 Posts
Another fret would be nice, but only in expert, to make the change between hard and expert even harder. Also it will make the game more realistic considering in the screen your guitar only has 5 strings.
the_leet_kid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 the_leet_kid
Member since 2005 • 9951 Posts

redhotpeppers

3 did...

s-baller23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#21 s-baller23
Member since 2007 • 724 Posts
Another fret would be too insane..I'm still on medium!! Making your own character and guitar would be hella awesome and maybe a stadium where you play at could be customized. I also like the thought of uploading your own songs and the game automatically places notes that should be played.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#22 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

Honestly, I don't think they need to change that much. Maybe steal a few things from Rock Band. I loved the whole solo section thing in Rock Band where you can do tapping easily. But honestly, all they really need is more awesome music and I'll buy it. And hopefully they can resist the urge to make ridiculously unfair note charts in Expert, too; quite a few songs in Guitar Hero 3 were ruined, in my opinion, by them getting funny with note charts.

I do actually agree with those who think that another fret might be good, though. If you think about it, they add blue notes in Medium and orange notes in Hard, but no new notes are added in Expert. I think it'd make it even more fun and like playing a real guitar if they did that.

[QUOTE="redhotpeppers"]

the_leet_kid

3 did...

So did Guitar Hero 1, actually; they had Higher Ground on that one.

AndYOU

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

#23 AndYOU
Member since 2005 • 6712 Posts

being able to create your own songs would be cool

UnlivedPhalanx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 UnlivedPhalanx

Honestly, I don't think they need to change that much. Maybe steal a few things from Rock Band. I loved the whole solo section thing in Rock Band where you can do tapping easily. But honestly, all they really need is more awesome music and I'll buy it. And hopefully they can resist the urge to make ridiculously unfair note charts in Expert, too; quite a few songs in Guitar Hero 3 were ruined, in my opinion, by them getting funny with note charts.

I do actually agree with those who think that another fret might be good, though. If you think about it, they add blue notes in Medium and orange notes in Hard, but no new notes are added in Expert. I think it'd make it even more fun and like playing a real guitar if they did that.

[QUOTE="the_leet_kid"][QUOTE="redhotpeppers"]

GabuEx

3 did...

So did Guitar Hero 1, actually; they had Higher Ground on that one.

The rock band's system for hammer ons were aweful though, I hope they keep the GH style.

Lyphe2k

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 Lyphe2k
Member since 2007 • 3385 Posts

-maybe another fret to add to the challenge

any more ideas/ songs you think they should add

UltimaVgamer

Yikes! Another fret? My fingers couldn't manage.

-What I'd like to see is a system that lets you just play the guitar freestyle. Not sure how that would work but it's my fantasy so I don't need logic for it to work.

-Also, a mode that allows you to import songs on your guitar hero, then add your own notes to it. You'll also be able to download ones that other people have made.

-The create your own character thing sounds cool.

ChiefMrBam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 ChiefMrBam
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts

[QUOTE="Ghosty1212"]I dunno, probably the support to import your own songs, and support for emo songs.Ospov

It kinda disturbs and saddens me that people want MORE of the Emo music in these games. When i saw MCR make its way into GH2 i was more than thrilled i had the PS2 version and didn't have to hear or play it. What guitar hero does need is more actual GUITAR HERO's in the game. Guitarists like Santana, Clapton, Hendrix etc... beyond this it needs some of the bands that have been long desired like AC/DC, Led Zeppelin, the Eagles etc... and personally i'd still love to see some Soundgarden, Tool and Metallica's Master of Puppets make it into the game

As far as actual gameplay changes go it would be nice to play the co-op career online, and the battle mode definately needs some tinkering to make it better. The gameplay on a whole seems fine and subtle changes at most are needed to the core mechanics so really new game modes is the best way to improve in this respect IMO.

And finally more support for DLC along the lines of the Rock Band model would be nice. I appreciate that Guitar Hero shipped with a lot of songs out of the box but i would rather just be able to add to that with a steady amount of new content than be forced to buy a whole new game to get a significant amount of new content. (although i suppose this doesn't really apply to the Wii version)

bobbetybob

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#27 bobbetybob
Member since 2005 • 19370 Posts

Bucket-freaking-Head. Either Nottingham Lace or Sootsayer and he has to be in the game as a character, he just fits into the Guitar Hero world, I mean c'mon he's a nearly 7 foot tall guy with a mask and a bucket on his head...

I'd also like things stolen from Rock Band, the way the crowd sing along to some songs, the way it shows what stars you have for the song you're playing while you are playing it. And if we have Guitar legends in it again then have proper ones, Slash fair enough but Tom morello? He may be good but he's hardly a legend.

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#28 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
DLC for the Wii version if ever GH3 won't be getting it
Avatar image for deactivated-5c35826ea3913
deactivated-5c35826ea3913

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 1

#29 deactivated-5c35826ea3913
Member since 2004 • 5298 Posts

We need to have some Euro metal, I personally would love to see some Edguy up on there.UnlivedPhalanx

YES. GH needs more power metal. Adding another fret button would make everyone buy a new guitar. I think they should add an open note, just a clear circle. That way, it adds the note but you can still use your old guitar.

I don't see an add your own song feature happening. There's not a program able to do such a thing. If you've ever checked out scorehero's software forums, it's a nice few hours of work to import a song into guitar hero manually. An automatic import feature would not work the way you think it should.

I personally want a concert feature. This basically entails picking your list of songs, the order, the venue, your guitarist and axe. Then you play each song as if it were a concert. It's not really good for unlocking stuff but if you're like me, you most of the time wish you could just pick a list of songs and play them straight through without having to go back to the menu after every tune.

The way you get around the fretboard moving at different speeds for each song is you fade the fretboard out after each song and have a small game-engine animation of the band pumping the crowd up and the singer announces the next song. If the gender changes inbetween songs, there should be an animation of the the male singer leaving the stage and the female singer coming on stage or vice versa and then the fretboard fades back in. Rinse and repeat until your concert is done. The nice thing about this feature would be it makes it more cinematic while keeping the gameplay intact and you never see a menu.

kjd789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30 kjd789
Member since 2007 • 31 Posts
i would love ALL of those options PLUS i want to see some Billy Talent on there without me haveing to mod my wii!