goodbye splatoon 1

This topic is locked from further discussion.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 0

#1 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

hopefully 2 will take us even higher ;_;

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 KBFloYd
Loading Video...

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#3 Clefdefa
Member since 2017 • 750 Posts

Well made vids but I'm unsure ... the first one, while fun, it was a big disappointement for me...

Like they say ... you can't please everyone.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 KBFloYd

@clefdefa said:

Well made vids but I'm unsure ... the first one, while fun, it was a big disappointement for me...

Like they say ... you can't please everyone.

what dissapointed you? the singleplayer?

the map 4 hour rotation? or something else?

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Clefdefa

@KBFloYd: Sure the campaign was very short

The test demo before they lunched game was the game early on. So after a couple of match I was already bored and saddly the final product was the exact same thing. It took a lot of time before they added anything new

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By KBFloYd

@clefdefa said:

@KBFloYd: Sure the campaign was very short

The test demo before they lunched game was the game early on. So after a couple of match I was already bored and saddly the final product was the exact same thing. It took a lot of time before they added anything new

oh... so it isn't your cup of tea. well yea i recognize overwatch as a good game but i never got the urge to play it...the characters look dumb to me.

----

before splatoon my shooters of choice were the old call of dutys...black ops modern warefare... so when nintendo announced it was making its own shooters i was in....

when i finally got the game.... i was pretty good at it right from the beginning which made me want to advance my rank and max out..... after a while i noticed how deep and wonderful the weapon classes and the strategies for each weapon are.

i see other youtubers also enjoying it.....even more than me.... and that makes me happy :)

Clefdefa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 Clefdefa

@KBFloYd: Yeah really not for me, Overwatch either.

For shooter I like Unreal, DOOM, Transformers and KillZone ( especially Mercanry on Vita )

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By KBFloYd

@clefdefa said:

@KBFloYd: Yeah really not for me, Overwatch either.

For shooter I like Unreal, DOOM, Transformers and KillZone ( especially Mercanry on Vita )

well yea those are great shooters....i remeber i had a ps3 for a few months and i was really good at killzone 3....but i was already like prestige 8 on call of duty and i couldnt manage playing both fulltime so i dropped killzone 3.

i bet there are people that play counterstrike or team fortress2.....titanfall....battlefield.... rainbow 6 seige ..there are so many choices.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#9 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

So did they end the servers for it, then?

I hope to play the sequel one day, it just likely won't be anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, I think the games look great and I'd love to play Splatoon, but online gaming won't really be an option for me for I don't know how long.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By KBFloYd

@Ovirew said:

So did they end the servers for it, then?

I hope to play the sequel one day, it just likely won't be anytime soon. Don't get me wrong, I think the games look great and I'd love to play Splatoon, but online gaming won't really be an option for me for I don't know how long.

no servers for splatoon 1 are still up....imo they should stay up for at least another 5 years imo....or else nintendo is very stingy and mean :P

Avatar image for deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
deactivated-5e90a3763ea91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 13

#11 deactivated-5e90a3763ea91
Member since 2008 • 9437 Posts

@KBFloYd: lol. Well I doubt the first game will have online support for that long, but who knows? I kind of figured in the next two years they would discontinue online support for the Wii-U.

It's kind of funny how things work out, though. I buy a portable console and its battery lasts for a few minutes. And I have Internet but for some reason my Switch can't usually connect in my apartment, so I likely won't do any online gaming at all for some undetermined portion of this console's life. At least I can take the Switch with me to get updates at McDonald's sometimes, but it's really not ideal...

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By KBFloYd

@Ovirew said:

@KBFloYd: lol. Well I doubt the first game will have online support for that long, but who knows? I kind of figured in the next two years they would discontinue online support for the Wii-U.

It's kind of funny how things work out, though. I buy a portable console and its battery lasts for a few minutes. And I have Internet but for some reason my Switch can't usually connect in my apartment, so I likely won't do any online gaming at all for some undetermined portion of this console's life. At least I can take the Switch with me to get updates at McDonald's sometimes, but it's really not ideal...

well the wii still has online!....10 years!!.... but only activision games...(call of duty/goldeneye...).nintendo need to show the same respect.

you need to fix your internet problem man.....this is no way to enjoy your switch.... are you sure you tried everything? did you buy a different modem or a lan adapter to at least play docked?

as for the battery life...check youtube many people have solutions to make the battery last double...but you need a 2nd battery handy..

just saw this vid today..

Loading Video...

The-Butcher248

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#13 The-Butcher248
Member since 2012 • 466 Posts

I could be wrong.... but i think people will still play Splatoon 1 semi-regularly with a cult/niche following. There are small things that the original has/does that the second doesn't. Having the map on the gamepad is a big plus. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U had a more stable connection. Then using the gamepad, vs. switch/pro controller. The gamepad just felt better, atlhough it's early.

I have high hopes for Splatoon 2. I think it will do well, and i'll be very satisfied. I just could see the original having some life too, for years. (along with mario maker on wii u)

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 KBFloYd

@The-Butcher248 said:

I could be wrong.... but i think people will still play Splatoon 1 semi-regularly with a cult/niche following. There are small things that the original has/does that the second doesn't. Having the map on the gamepad is a big plus. I wouldn't be surprised if the Wii U had a more stable connection. Then using the gamepad, vs. switch/pro controller. The gamepad just felt better, atlhough it's early.

I have high hopes for Splatoon 2. I think it will do well, and i'll be very satisfied. I just could see the original having some life too, for years. (along with mario maker on wii u)

this guy says splatoon 1 has been abandoned

Loading Video...