Good time to pick up the bundle?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

j3v1zzle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 j3v1zzle
Member since 2007 • 595 Posts

I don't own a DS, nor have I ever. I've always thought about getting one but now with the crimson/black + Brain Age 2 bundle out, would it be a good time to get one now?

I'm not too high on the style of it...people say they like it but it looks really bland to me.

Mcrfan44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#2 Mcrfan44
Member since 2006 • 544 Posts
If you like some games that are out for the DS then yeah, it's a great time to pick one up. It's got alot of great games coming out for it and the crimson/black ds is one of the best colors out right now.
bunchofpixels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 bunchofpixels
Member since 2003 • 7049 Posts
I own a couple of DSes and I was thinking about buying the bundle. If the DS has games that interest you, go for it.
X_XSlashX_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#4 X_XSlashX_X
Member since 2007 • 197 Posts
Is the crimson just a better looking version of the black one just with red on the top and stuff?
rosacea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 rosacea
Member since 2006 • 25 Posts
i thought i would like thw crimson colour but with the balc it just looks tacky. i prfefer the clear finish of the white one. though the clue one is pretty too
OfficialBed

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 OfficialBed
Member since 2005 • 17668 Posts

I don't own a DS, nor have I ever. I've always thought about getting one but now with the crimson/black + Brain Age 2 bundle out, would it be a good time to get one now?

I'm not too high on the style of it...people say they like it but it looks really bland to me.

j3v1zzle

i was going to pick up that bundle when i bought my ds last week....but i just don't like the red/black mix...looks bad to me
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
[QUOTE="j3v1zzle"]

OfficialBed

i was going to pick up that bundle when i bought my ds last week....but i just don't like the red/black mix...looks bad to me

Ya I think the Black and Red looks Ugly. But that's just me. Get it if you like the games for the DS.

prettyangel13

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 prettyangel13
Member since 2007 • 106 Posts
wat are yall guys talking about red&black looks really nice
mtburdell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mtburdell
Member since 2007 • 998 Posts
The original poster said he wasn't too crazy about the style, no, too high i mean so i wouldn't get it if that was the case. i don't really like it that much either. the main appeal is that it's the first new color in a long while and the two tone is also different. i'd get the white. The other thing I'd consider is if i've never had a DS i might just wait for 3 months and see if they don't introduce any other new colors for the holidays so that would be Dec 1, there would be a bunch of new games between now and then and you'd know if they were good or not after they've been out awhile not just based on hype...then you could get a new color if they came out with any or a white or black one. I think the red and black one looks a little Goth.
chuckleechuck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 chuckleechuck
Member since 2007 • 107 Posts

Man..if they only made a Blue one...

whoo they'd sell.

-Murdock-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#11 -Murdock-
Member since 2006 • 2767 Posts

j3v1zzle

There is no point in buying the bundle...why you ask? It's the same price as if you'd purchased each item seperately. Brain Age 2 may as well be duct taped to the top of a DS Lite box and called a bundle. If you really want Brain Age 2, then I suppose that's fine, but its little more than a reason for Nintendo to get $150 out of you at one time rather than $120.

Aren't you supposed to save something when it comes to a bundle?

d_parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 85

#12 d_parker
Member since 2005 • 2128 Posts

j3v1zzle

Had same question as you this week.

Opted against the $160.00 bundle.

Was able to get a DS Lite at Wal-Mart for $120.00. I used the extra $20.00 to buy a game I actually wanted, Worms Open Warfare at EB Games and will apply the remaining $20.00 to a case that I like.

Brain Age 2 looks like a game you'd play for a day or so. As well, Brain Age 2 sells for $20.00 new.

The case that comes with the bundle looked impractical to me - to too small to fit the charger and games in sleeve cases and not strong enough.

Although I saw Future Shop had a bundle that included Monster Truck DS but Metacritic gives that 33% - not sure that increases the value any.

legendofwii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 legendofwii
Member since 2007 • 95 Posts

Man..if they only made a Blue one...

whoo they'd sell.

chuckleechuck

i agree it would be cool if they made a white and blue,this one could be polar blue....lol

oreo85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 oreo85
Member since 2007 • 2239 Posts
i say buy a white or black i dont really like the black and red combo i would much rather have a plain old red 1the black ruins the whole thing and brain age isnt really that fun so i say get a dsl white or black and get a game u want alot or just a game u want