Good sized memory card for Wii?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

#1 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

So recently ive been getting into the store, and just loving what it has to offer.

Mega Man?! Super Metroid?! Mario RPG?!

It really has it all, so when i get some WiiPoints, ive got a feeling im going to really go to town and get alot, question is, what size are the games, and what would be a resonable size memory card?

I know the what game size will differ, as it varies from NES to N64, but is there a rough outline for each console?

DJ_Lae

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 73

#2 DJ_Lae
Member since 2002 • 42748 Posts
I don't know if virtual console games are any larger than the original cartridges due to bundled emulators, or if that's handled by the Wii's OS directly, so it's possible the sizes are a little bigger. It would be easier if Nintendo treated us with a little more respect, too, and listed file sizes in bytes rather than their own meaningless blocks. SNES games peaked at 4MB and N64 ones never went over 32MB (except maybe Resident Evil 2), I think. NES ones are only about half a megabyte each. It's doubtful you'll even hit the 512MB limit on the console itself, but I'd say a 2GB card would be a decent purchase, and they shouldn't be much more than $5.
jukitup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 jukitup
Member since 2009 • 163 Posts

the virtual console games aren't usually that big - but it really depends on how many you plan on buying. If you're going to get some WiiWare games then some of those can get pretty big. I would say to get at least a 2gb. It won't be much more than a 1gb, and gives you double the space.

Oakfront

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Oakfront
Member since 2007 • 2788 Posts

the virtual console games aren't usually that big - but it really depends on how many you plan on buying. If you're going to get some WiiWare games then some of those can get pretty big. I would say to get at least a 2gb. It won't be much more than a 1gb, and gives you double the space.

jukitup

Good point on the WiiWare games, im looking into a few also, like World Of Goo looks interesting.

TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

I have 2 n64 games, and about 10 NES/SNES games, and I'm not even close to filling up my Wii memory, but I use my 2gig memory card from my camera to store my guitar hero dlc:P