Give us more of these games Nintendo

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TheFadeForever
Member since 2013 • 2655 Posts

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I think its time for them to focus on other IPs and give the good old Nintendo IPs like mario a break

Avatar image for Avatar_Taxidous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Avatar_Taxidous
Member since 2006 • 4407 Posts
Agreed! Those are 2 of my most hoped Wii U exclusives. I'd like to see Nintendo continue working with Mistwalker, maybe a new The Last Story or something original again.
Euaggelistes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 Euaggelistes
Member since 2009 • 1826 Posts

I am wicked hyped for Bayonetta 2 but I found Xenoblade Chronicles to be so boring that I have zero interest in X.

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts
This is the worst possible time for Nintendo to give their established franchises a break. They need those Mario games now more than ever.
thetravman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 thetravman
Member since 2003 • 3592 Posts

Once Nintendo gets Mario Kart, 3D Mario, and the other First Party games they will then experiment with other or new franchises like what they did with the 3DS. They just need to grow their install base exponentially before they take more risks.

nameless12345

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 nameless12345
Member since 2010 • 15125 Posts

I'd rather see some older franchise revivals and new IPs.

nini200

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 nini200
Member since 2005 • 11484 Posts
And posting that here will really get Nintendo to see your comment.... Riiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 Avatar_Taxidous
^Mood kill
SaintJimmmy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 SaintJimmmy
Member since 2007 • 2815 Posts
Nintendo just needs a games in general so i can actually feel compelled to by a wii u i know it will happen eventually
Jakesta7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 49

#10 Jakesta7
Member since 2007 • 2472 Posts

Once Nintendo gets Mario Kart, 3D Mario, and the other First Party games they will then experiment with other or new franchises like what they did with the 3DS. They just need to grow their install base exponentially before they take more risks.

thetravman
This^^. But I agree, I'm getting a little worn out on Mario, I need a break after these games.
Avatar image for bonesawisready5
bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 bonesawisready5
Member since 2011 • 4971 Posts

Giving Mario a break is a stupid thing to say. The games are usually pretty good and if you really don't like them ignore them no one is forcing you to play them

And with Nintendo funding X, Bayo 2, Wonderful 101, SMT x FE and publishing/helping with Lego City, Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Spirit Camera/Fatal Frame, Ninja Gaiden 3: Razor's Edge I think they got your message

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TheFadeForever

This is the worst possible time for Nintendo to give their established franchises a break. They need those Mario games now more than ever. meetroid8

They already release a  Mario game but it hasn't helped much with the sales of the Wii

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Avatar_Taxidous
They already release a Mario game but it hasn't helped much with the sales of the WiiTheFadeForever
New Super Mario Bros. U might have been responsible for quite a few Wii U purchases around the time of the launch window. It's hard to say either way, though. It wasn't my reason for getting the console but I've enjoyed the game a lot.
Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]They already release a Mario game but it hasn't helped much with the sales of the WiiAvatar_Taxidous
New Super Mario Bros. U might have been responsible for quite a few Wii U purchases around the time of the launch window. It's hard to say either way, though. It wasn't my reason for getting the console but I've enjoyed the game a lot.

Well, it is the top Wii-U game sold correct? 

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Avatar_Taxidous
^I assume so, though I haven't looked at any official sales data. According to VGChartz (I have no idea if this site's information is accurate or anywhere near accurate) it has sold almost 900K in North America, which seems pretty good.
TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TheFadeForever

^I assume so, though I haven't looked at any official sales data. According to VGChartz (I have no idea if this site's information is accurate or anywhere near accurate) it has sold almost 900K in North America, which seems pretty good.Avatar_Taxidous

I would not trust that site completely as its been said to be unreliable by many I believe the NPD would be a more reliable source.

Bardock47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 Bardock47
Member since 2008 • 5429 Posts

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]^I assume so, though I haven't looked at any official sales data. According to VGChartz (I have no idea if this site's information is accurate or anywhere near accurate) it has sold almost 900K in North America, which seems pretty good.TheFadeForever

I would not trust that site completely as its been said to be unreliable by many I believe the NPD would be a more reliable source.

Plus I thought there was an artilce that staed it sold in the millions.

Here it is, 2.15 million http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html 

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 TheFadeForever

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

[QUOTE="Avatar_Taxidous"]^I assume so, though I haven't looked at any official sales data. According to VGChartz (I have no idea if this site's information is accurate or anywhere near accurate) it has sold almost 900K in North America, which seems pretty good.Bardock47

Here it is, 2.15 million http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/sales/software/wiiu.html 

Although selling a bit over 2 million the Wii U has been selling poorly lately Mario doesn't seem to be enought nowadays to convince more people to buy it

meetroid8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 meetroid8
Member since 2005 • 21152 Posts

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

TheFadeForever

Although selling a bit over 2 million the Wii U has been selling poorly lately Mario doesn't seem to be enought nowadays to convince more people to buy it

No, a single Mario game wasn't enough to convince people to buy it. Another 3D Mario platformer, Mario Kart, Smash Bros, and Donkey Kong will probably do the trick.
Avatar image for Master_Of_Fools
Master_Of_Fools

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Master_Of_Fools
Member since 2009 • 1651 Posts

Starfox!!! Give me now!

Josh5890

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Josh5890
Member since 2007 • 1025 Posts

We need to put our money where our mouths are. If this game sells great, more of the same should come along.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#22 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

We need to put our money where our mouths are. If this game sells great, more of the same should come along.

Josh5890

This pretty much what it comes down to. If the likes of Bayonetta 2 and X are what you want to see more of, you better hope that there proves to be a large enough of a market for these games to be viable. It honestly makes no sense for Nintendo to develop or go after games that do little to nothing to improve the company's bottom line, so it really all hinges on how well these games are going to sell and how consistently they can sell moving forward. There's a reason why Nintendo doesn't do this sort of thing all the time and why third party publishers continue to show shaky support on Nintendo platforms. At the end of the day, it boils down to simple numbers.

All being said, anyone who thinks that Nintendo's going to suddenly put Mario and Co. on the shelf for the sake of developing/getting more "Xs" and "Bayonettas" are kidding themselves. Nintendo needs the mass market appeal that comes with its tried and true franchises more than anything else, and if those universally appealing games aren't leading the way, the upside of Nintendo's systems typically isn't great enough to get much support elsewhere. So if anything, you better hope Nintendo can somehow find a way to make the Wii U much more attractive to a much larger audience. Otherwise, it's not going to matter as to what Nintendo tries to focus its resources on.

Avatar image for TheBlackKnight3
TheBlackKnight3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#23 TheBlackKnight3
Member since 2008 • 1586 Posts

Agreed! Those are 2 of my most hoped Wii U exclusives. I'd like to see Nintendo continue working with Mistwalker, maybe a new The Last Story or something original again.Avatar_Taxidous

How could make another one, if the previous one was the last?:D

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="Bardock47"]

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

TheFadeForever

You think that's poor? That's 2.15 million of 3.5 million globabl owners, are you kidding?

TheFadeForever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 TheFadeForever

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

[QUOTE="Bardock47"] Plus I thought there was an artilce that staed it sold in the millions.

bonesawisready5

You think that's poor? That's 2.15 million of 3.5 million globabl owners, are you kidding?

If you pay attention to Wii U sales than it has not been doing good lately even Nintendo CEO said so that why its been losing third party support

bonesawisready5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 bonesawisready5

[QUOTE="bonesawisready5"]

[QUOTE="TheFadeForever"]

TheFadeForever

If you pay attention to Wii U sales than it has not been doing good lately even Nintendo CEO said so that why its been losing third party support

I was talking about whether NSMBU's 2.15 million was bad or not. It isn't bad at all. Over 70% of Wii U owners have it. I thought you were saying that Mario Bros U hadn't sold well at a bit over 2 million. I made this mistake because you were wrong about the Wii U's hardware sales which aren't " a bit over 2 million" they are about 3.5 million. That's the reason I got confused. Mario is still pretty good at selling the console as it clearly influenced 2.15 million people to pick up the device.

After paying retailers a $12 fee Nintendo probably makes $40-$45 off each copy of NSMBU which has likely netted them close to $100 million for a launch game that likely cost less than $20 million to make. That means the game is super successful.

And when you take into considering hardware sales, its fairly precedent for a new piece of hardware to only have 3-5 million sales after the first six months on the market. Heck, the Wii U is only 200k behind the PS3 in the same time frame in America and actually on par with the PS3's first six month sales in Japan. I'd say getting 2.15 million sales out of any launch title in 6 months is amazing.