GH3 FOR WII: downloadable songs...

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for Magic_Sea_Otter
Magic_Sea_Otter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 Magic_Sea_Otter
Member since 2006 • 271 Posts
are they going to be available for the wii version of the game?
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#2 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts
Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#3 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.Jimmi323
I really don't see why nintendo needs to do that. All they need is a firmware update which makes more use of the SD expanision slot (for wii channels and VC games etc). Songs wont use much since MP3 only uses like 4mb and juding by that the GH3 songs should use no more than 10MB. Why wont they just have you DL the songs to the SD card and play it through that?
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#4 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
[QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.chansaet
I really don't see why nintendo needs to do that. All they need is a firmware update which makes more use of the SD expanision slot (for wii channels and VC games etc). Songs wont use much since MP3 only uses like 4mb and juding by that the GH3 songs should use no more than 10MB. Why wont they just have you DL the songs to the SD card and play it through that?

they could do that they just need an update but they frea boot legging i guess. the wiis built in memory is only 512 mega bits thats not much space at all u will get maybe 40 50 songs
chansaet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#5 chansaet
Member since 2003 • 6281 Posts
[QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.deadmeat59

they could do that they just need an update but they frea boot legging i guess. the wiis built in memory is only 512 mega bits thats not much space at all u will get maybe 40 50 songs

Well games are linked to your account. So if your account says you don't have that game then you can't play it. Because you can already copy out VC games to your SD card and take it out and store it on a PC or something. Just that you can't share it because they can't play it because on their account it says they don't own it.
Avatar image for christhepenguin
christhepenguin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6 christhepenguin
Member since 2005 • 583 Posts
I don't see why they couldn't release a firmware update that would allow users to purchase songs. And whenever you want to play the song, the game could stream them from a dedicated server.
Gally66

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

#7 Gally66
Member since 2007 • 2322 Posts
a little while after launch
BET8390

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 BET8390
Member since 2006 • 4193 Posts
[QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.deadmeat59

MEGA BITS!!??! :lol: a Single CHARACTER has 8 BITS!!! ...Anyways Its 512 MEGA BYTES!!!
Jimmi323

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 Jimmi323
Member since 2006 • 870 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.BET8390

MEGA BITS!!??! :lol: a Single CHARACTER has 8 BITS!!! ...Anyways Its 512 MEGA BYTES!!!

Wow... Not that funny. Stupid, noob mistake on his part, but you are freaking out....

dinofan01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 dinofan01
Member since 2007 • 1697 Posts

[QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.BET8390

yeah you really should shut up its not funny. it could just be a typo. and a hd is not needed. and yes dlc is coming. red octane is working with nintendo to do this. its not like you need dlc first day

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
The guitar hero 3 downloadable content will be part of the wiiware service. Hence the delay and the packs for guitar hero 2 are only 30 megs.
RoyFanatic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#12 RoyFanatic
Member since 2006 • 392 Posts
I will wait, but if they can set a system like this up, we deserve the soundtrack pack for purchase and the boss battles for free. It doesn't really make a difference that it's not an X360, we should still be entitled to these songs as well as normal DLC.
ljlrj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 52

#13 ljlrj
Member since 2007 • 14800 Posts
The guitar hero 3 downloadable content will be part of the wiiware service. Hence the delay and the packs for guitar hero 2 are only 30 megs. meimnobody
how would u know that
dagstar84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 dagstar84
Member since 2005 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="meimnobody"]The guitar hero 3 downloadable content will be part of the wiiware service. Hence the delay and the packs for guitar hero 2 are only 30 megs. ljlrj
how would u know that

right, how would you? it is really funny how some people here turn their assumptions into facts! All Activision has said is that they'd like to bring dlc to the version as well and that they are looking into the options to do that with nintendo. It is just as likely that the wii might not get dlc!

meimnobody

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 meimnobody
Member since 2003 • 5565 Posts
Simple logic. If the song packs come since they have to be purchased and are new software then they would go up when the wiiware service.
Bass7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#17 Bass7
Member since 2004 • 6614 Posts

[QUOTE="BET8390"][QUOTE="deadmeat59"][QUOTE="chansaet"][QUOTE="Jimmi323"]Not "initially"... Meaning until Nintendo releases a HD attachment.dinofan01

yeah you really should shut up its not funny. it could just be a typo. and a hd is not needed. and yes dlc is coming. red octane is working with nintendo to do this. its not like you need dlc first day

Oh wow the power of the internet :|. You can never tell how serious some is/isn't. Plus when you're actually speaking, there aren't really any "typos"....well except for grammar. Seriously though, we all knew it was supposed to be "Mega Bytes". This is why I always just abbreviate it -_-.

Anyways, I really wish they'd add DLC (especially for something like GH or like DDR or something).

dagstar84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 dagstar84

Simple logic. If the song packs come since they have to be purchased and are new software then they would go up when the wiiware service. meimnobody

right, the little word "if" makes all the difference!

kidrock17xp

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 kidrock17xp
Member since 2004 • 2966 Posts

Simple logic. If the song packs come since they have to be purchased and are new software then they would go up when the wiiware service. meimnobody

is there actually a spot on the game for the downloadable content like on the 360 version of hte game though? I mean, doesn't a game have to be formated so to speak to receive the updates, meaning like Nintendo can't release a new dungeon for TP b/c the game isn't able to accept it. I'm not saying that this is how it is, I'm just saying this is how I think it works lol.

dagstar84

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 dagstar84

[QUOTE="meimnobody"]Simple logic. If the song packs come since they have to be purchased and are new software then they would go up when the wiiware service. kidrock17xp

is there actually a spot on the game for the downloadable content like on the 360 version of hte game though? I mean, doesn't a game have to be formated so to speak to receive the updates, meaning like Nintendo can't release a new dungeon for TP b/c the game isn't able to accept it. I'm not saying that this is how it is, I'm just saying this is how I think it works lol.

good point, cuz nintendo doesn't allow to patch games at the moment. I think that's why it takes so long for them to find a way to provide a solution to the mono-bug.