Getting Xenoblade Chronicles for New 3DS?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

Just curious, I'm not really sure how many of you got the new 3DS or even interested in the game.

I'm getting it because a) Just got my new 3ds couple weeks ago b) I hear Xenoblade is a great game . It's a bit rough getting a copy for the Wii, people charging ridiculous prices for it online but I do ackwoldge many people say that a huge positive point for the game is the scale of the environment which may not be reflected as well on the New 3DSXLs small screen and also graphics are not as good I suppose.

Still though, I wanted the New 3DS XL b/c I didn't have a handheld system for a while now. I thought about just getting xenoblade for Wii and get New 3DS later but decided against that. I'm also just curious on how it will perform , look like in person on my new 3ds xl. And its an excuse to get very good use out of the system, which right now I only have fire emblem awakening, pokemon omega ruby, kid icarus uprising.

silkylove

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 silkylove
Member since 2002 • 8579 Posts

Yes. For one I'd like to justify the upgrade. Improved 3D is great and all, but I mostly got it so I wouldn't miss out on games. For two, I still have my copy of Xenoblade in the shrinkwrap and I'd like to keep it that way. Plus I like playing RPGs on handheld better than on consoles. I don't know why.

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

im curious to try it and i know it will become a rare game....i have like 20 hours on the wii version that i havnt finished.

so yea ill probably get it anyway.

SoAmazingBaby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 SoAmazingBaby
Member since 2009 • 3023 Posts

@silkylove said:

Yes. For one I'd like to justify the upgrade. Improved 3D is great and all, but I mostly got it so I wouldn't miss out on games. For two, I still have my copy of Xenoblade in the shrinkwrap and I'd like to keep it that way. Plus I like playing RPGs on handheld better than on consoles. I don't know why.

Agreed. The justifying. Its for n3DS only so thats a must buy for me. I feel its worth the money this way ;)

Bigboi500

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Bigboi500
Member since 2007 • 35550 Posts

Nah, I already own the Wii version. Monster Hunter 4 Ultimate justified my New 3DS XL upgrade.

NoZakuBoy09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 NoZakuBoy09
Member since 2015 • 141 Posts

What do you think about the new footage released yesterday ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zlUxYjWxu1c

A lot of people complaining about the graphics.. it sort of reminds me of what was going on before Smash Bros 3DS came out, a lot of people were saying it looks like shit from gameplay on youtube but when I got the game it looked a lot smoother in person. Maybe something about recording 3DS video just doesn't trasnlate well to youtube?

From what I've seen it looks pretty good! Can't wait for April 10th. Although sadly that's very close to the deadiline for a huge project/presentation I have for school so I may not get around to playing the game until a few days after I actually pick up my preorder xD

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#7  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

I may buy it just because it's going to be rare. I'm impressed that they got the game on the 3DS at all. It looks decent. They obviously had to cut corners with texture and effect quality to squeeze it onto a portable. Xenoblade 3D seems to run well in the video you posted, which is probably the most important thing. The visual sacrifices aren't for nothing.

TrevorZyla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TrevorZyla
Member since 2015 • 76 Posts

Xenoblade is the best game on the Wii and one of my favourite JRPGs ever made, I bought a New 3DSXL for this game so yes I am getting it

AznbkdX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#10 AznbkdX
Member since 2012 • 4284 Posts

Probably not. The wii version is basically definitive so I see no real reason to get this one. I'm more of a buy one handheld model each gen kind of guy too so I probably won't get the n3ds either.

Aquat1cF1sh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#11 Aquat1cF1sh
Member since 2006 • 11096 Posts

Won't be getting the portable version since I'm not getting the New 3DS, but I have a lot of interest in the game and will be getting it for Wii sometime soon hopefully! I want to play the original before X comes out in the states later this year.

P.S. To the sellers on Amazon trying to sell used copies of the game for $87, why would I spend that much money on a used game when I can spend nine bucks more to get a brand new copy? :P

yokofox33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 yokofox33
Member since 2004 • 30775 Posts

I'm gonna get it. I might actually finish it on a handheld rather than on my Wii/Wiiu.

gajbutler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 gajbutler
Member since 2011 • 193 Posts

I just find the design of the game to look really boring, the new Wii U one looks cool though and I'll get that.

quatoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 28

#14 quatoe
Member since 2005 • 7242 Posts

I hope to get it day one depending on my financial situation, it looks like my kind of game.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
turtlethetaffer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 144

#15 turtlethetaffer
Member since 2009 • 18973 Posts

I am not, only because I have a copy on Wii. It's a really amazing game, probably the Wii's best game (my favorite, anyways) and in my top 5 games of last generation. I just haven't heard of anything that's been added to the 3DS version so there isn't really a reason for me to get it. But I absolutely encourage anyone with an N3DS to get it. It's incredible.

lamprey263

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 lamprey263
Member since 2006 • 44557 Posts

Not really, I don't plan on buying a New 3DS for a while hopefully. I hope there's not a game out there that makes me feel otherwise, because if that's the case I'd rather there be an avalanche of games that make the upgrade worth it. Preferably I can ride out the gen with my 3DS XL.