Gamestop typicly oversell pre-orders?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts

I've almost got my system payed off, and should by next week. perhaps its my paranoia getting the better of me, but I'm conserned that they'll try to tell me that they don't have a system I've already given them the cash for. if so, how is that in any way legal? the recipt is basicly a writen contract that I get a system on launch day in exchange for money, correct?

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 Zanoh
Member since 2006 • 6942 Posts

I've almost got my system payed off, and should by next week. perhaps its my paranoia getting the better of me, but I'm conserned that they'll try to tell me that they don't have a system I've already given them the cash for. if so, how is that in any way legal? the recipt is basicly a writen contract that I get a system on launch day in exchange for money, correct?

darkspineslayer

Unlike a certain other company that I won't mention (begins with an M), Nintendo made units specifically for our market. If you have a preorder, you are guaranteed one.

elbert_b_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 elbert_b_23
Member since 2003 • 8247 Posts
nintendo is doing there best to make sure everyone that pre orders the system get one on launch but there is still limited number that has been made and in japan on launch it sold out at 400k and nintendo shipped more out so in doing that it may take away from other countrys 3ds sent out so i am worried that everyone that pre ordered one may have to wait a while
Avatar image for deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 deactivated-5e0e425ee91d8
Member since 2007 • 22399 Posts
[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]

Unlike a certain other company that I won't mention (begins with an M), Nintendo made units specifically for our market. If you have a preorder, you are guaranteed one.

Don't get me started on Madcatz. I still don't have a keyboard for the 360
Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 Zanoh

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"]

darkspineslayer

Well I was referring to the company with "soft" in its name, but same concept.

LetsPlayer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#6 LetsPlayer
Member since 2010 • 198 Posts
Typically: no. Can it happened: Well when you consider there's only 2.5 million units (or is it 1.5?) going around the rest of the world outside of japan. It is possible they may make more reserves then they can provide or something happens to screw it up. Never underestimated Murphy's Law.
Nophoria88

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#7 Nophoria88
Member since 2010 • 410 Posts

Typically: no. Can it happened: Well when you consider there's only 2.5 million units (or is it 1.5?) going around the rest of the world outside of japan. It is possible they may make more reserves then they can provide or something happens to screw it up. Never underestimated Murphy's Law.LetsPlayer
It was 1.5 million but Japan was supposed to get 1 million themselves and only got 400k in stores on the first day, more are being shipped out but I'm just saying we might not have that whole amount on the first day?

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#8 dzimm
Member since 2006 • 6615 Posts
I've been shopping at Gamestop for years, and I've never not gotten a product that I preordered, so I'm reasonably confident I'll have a 3DS in my hands on March 27th.
CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
^same. Though if they say they only have enough for the next few in line, I'm jumping the counter and grabbing one.
xfactor19990

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 xfactor19990
Member since 2004 • 10917 Posts
I hope not haha had it on order since December or begin g of January
illharmonics

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 illharmonics
Member since 2005 • 5470 Posts
I preordered mine on a whim and my Gamespot only had one preorder for each colour left. I'm really hoping I still get mine.
OreoMilkshake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#12 OreoMilkshake
Member since 2009 • 12833 Posts
Not sure, but they have been known to sell pre-orders to walk-ins. Be wary of that.
Start-N-Play

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Start-N-Play
Member since 2011 • 169 Posts
They always over sell pre-orders. Some people will get there preorders on the first day and the rest will have to wait but everyone gets one at some point.
F0urTwenty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 F0urTwenty
Member since 2010 • 1842 Posts
They always over sell pre-orders. Some people will get there preorders on the first day and the rest will have to wait but everyone gets one at some point. Start-N-Play
Yeah okay....
gomakyle25

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gomakyle25
Member since 2008 • 173 Posts

What they do is you have 3 days after (or including the relsease date, I forgot) to get the game or system. After that time, they take off your pre-order and sell it to someone who will get it.

DJjoey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 DJjoey
Member since 2004 • 1160 Posts

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"][QUOTE="Zanoh"]

Zanoh

You're so right, Macsoft releases are always way too hard to get a hold of.

dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 dzimm
Spoke with the manager at my local Gamestop today, and she said that corporate already knows how many 3DS units they'll be getting from Nintendo on launch day. Once they reach that limit or get close to it, Gamestop will suspend all preorders, and anybody who didn't preorder before then will be out of luck.
gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts
Would it kill you that you might have to wait a little longer? Everyone has waited this long, what difference does it make as long as you end up getting one eventually. It's not like the games are going to run away.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 dzimm

Yeah, but if you preorder, you don't have to wait. :D

Zanoh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Zanoh

[QUOTE="Zanoh"]

[QUOTE="darkspineslayer"] Don't get me started on Madcatz. I still don't have a keyboard for the 360DJjoey

You're so right, Macsoft releases are always way too hard to get a hold of.

>.< "Micro" would be the first part of its name. Soft is the next. XD

gokuofheaven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gokuofheaven
Member since 2004 • 3452 Posts

Yeah, but if you preorder, you don't have to wait. :D

dzimm
I understand everyone is excited about it. It's all hype and people feel left out if they don't have one at the same time everyone else does.
xMarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 xMarex
Member since 2010 • 168 Posts
The only thing I've preordered besides Mass Effect 3 is Pokemon White. I'm not too worried.
dzimm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 dzimm

The only thing I've preordered besides Mass Effect 3 is Pokemon White. I'm not too worried.xMarex

If you don't preorder the 3DS then your chances of finding one on launch day fall somewhere between slim and none because most stores will only be getting enough to fill their preorders.

xMarex

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 xMarex
Member since 2010 • 168 Posts
I'm not getting a 3DS anytime soon. I was just saying that I'm not worried about not getting the two items I preordered.
AutoPilotOn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 AutoPilotOn
Member since 2010 • 8655 Posts
I'm not getting a 3DS anytime soon. I was just saying that I'm not worried about not getting the two items I preordered.xMarex
I have never had a problem getting a game. I dont see the point of preordering games unless you save money or get maybe something special... Systems on the other hand are usually sold out for awhile after launch.