Gamespy gives Okami Wii....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Avatar image for TwilightSoilder
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TwilightSoilder
Member since 2007 • 1831 Posts
An 8/10. And, what was under the cons was, "Motion-sensing controls make using the Celestial Brush painfully frustrating." Another review criticizing the motion controls. -_- I think I'll go with the other version of Okami. Anyone agree or disagree with this?
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#2 haziqonfire
Member since 2005 • 36371 Posts
Disagree. The Z button is there for a reason. You hold Z to draw a straight line.

The only 'bad' controls are those for dodging, everything else is fine.
wooooode

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 wooooode
Member since 2002 • 16665 Posts

Disagree. The Z button is there for a reason. You hold Z to draw a straight line.

Haziqonfire

Yeah I dont think they relized what Z did in there review.

bob_newman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 bob_newman
Member since 2006 • 8133 Posts

I like how the reviewer never bothered to get the hang of it. Matt Casamassina from IGN actually took the time, and he repeatedly stated that the Wii version was a lot faster than using an analog stick.

If you've ever played Brawl, for instance, and had to drag the cursor along the screen to choose your character, you know how slow it can be. It really takes you out of the flow of the game.

These complainers are mostly just nitpicking anyway.

GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#5 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts
However bad the Wii's motion sensing handling of the Celestial Brush may be (and it's not bad at all, despite reviews saying otherwise), the PS2's analog stick is most certainly not better.
iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 iamtirrrred
Member since 2003 • 293 Posts
Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 TwilightSoilder
Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?iamtirrrred
Okami hands down!
KH-mixerX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#8 KH-mixerX
Member since 2007 • 5702 Posts

Haziqonfire

I didn't know that. That would be extremely helpful when slicing things up for Susano.

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 iamtirrrred

[QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?TwilightSoilder
Okami hands down!

But didn't you just said "I think I'll go with the other version of Okami". So that is telling me you do not like Okami Wii.

TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 TwilightSoilder

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?iamtirrrred

Okami hands down!

But didn't you just said "I think I'll go with the other version of Okami". So that is telling me you do not like Okami Wii.

Wrong my friend. I was just saying of the 2 my guess the PS2 version would be better. I wasn't saying the Wii version was bad. I was just saying given all the opinions I've recieved my guesss would be the PS2 version would be a little better. But, that doesn't make the Wii version a bad game just not quite as good as the PS2 version. Either way, both versions are better than Worms.
iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 iamtirrrred
[QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?TwilightSoilder

Okami hands down!

Wrong my friend. I was just saying of the 2 my guess the PS2 version would be better. I wasn't saying the Wii version was bad. I was just saying given all the opinions I've recieved my guesss would be the PS2 version would be a little better. But, that doesn't make the Wii version a bad game just not quite as good as the PS2 version. Either way, both versions are better than Worms.

That's Funny!, "Either way, both versions are better than Worms". LOL :P

TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?iamtirrrred

Okami hands down!

Apparently, I'm missing something. :lol:
CheeChee_Macko

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 CheeChee_Macko
Member since 2008 • 2236 Posts
[QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?TwilightSoilder
Okami hands down!

iamtirrrred

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 iamtirrrred
[QUOTE="iamtirrrred"][QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]

[QUOTE="TwilightSoilder"][QUOTE="iamtirrrred"]Should I buy Okami for Wii or should I get Worms for Wii?TwilightSoilder

Okami hands down!

Apparently, I'm missing something. :lol:

I thought it was funny the way you were putting down Worms for Wii. But at a side note: the worms games are not that bad, I love the one for DS.

Thiago26792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Thiago26792
Member since 2007 • 11059 Posts
We still need to wait for more reviews.
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 TwilightSoilder

I thought it was funny the way you were putting down Worms for Wii. But at a side note: the worms games are not that bad, I love the one for DS.

Once again, you are wrong my friend. I wasn't trying to put down Worm games. I was just saying that the game Okami was better. I wasn't trying to call Worms a bad game but just that Okami was better. On a side note, Worms Wii wasn't exactly "Best in Series". :roll: And, also although I don't think that Worms Wii is good doesn't mean I think that it is a bad series ...
ahahaG

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#17 ahahaG
Member since 2005 • 393 Posts
even though i haven't played it, i can guarantee that the wii-mote controls for okami work way better than the ps2's analog stick did
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 haziqonfire
even though i haven't played it, i can guarantee that the wii-mote controls for okami work way better than the ps2's analog stick didahahaG

Its quicker and easier to use, yes.

Plus, now that i figured out you can hold Z to draw a straight line, it works very well. Waggle control works well too -- only the nunchuck controls suck.
TwilightSoilder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 TwilightSoilder
[QUOTE="ahahaG"]even though i haven't played it, i can guarantee that the wii-mote controls for okami work way better than the ps2's analog stick didHaziqonfire

Plus, now that i figured out you can hold Z to draw a straight line, it works very well. Waggle control works well too -- only the nunchuck controls suck.

I'm still not sure about that though. -_-
haziqonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 haziqonfire
[QUOTE="Haziqonfire"][QUOTE="ahahaG"]even though i haven't played it, i can guarantee that the wii-mote controls for okami work way better than the ps2's analog stick didTwilightSoilder

I'm still not sure about that though. -_-

Sure about what? Most people who complain about the controls have either:
a) havent figured it out
or
b) dont have the patience to.

The game has a steep learning curve, but its better than using dual analog. If you hate waggle, or the attacking controls of twilight princess on the Wii, you wont like the way the battle system works in Okami -- because its the same thing.

Really, if you just practice a bit, its easier to use.
Flash_Virus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 Flash_Virus
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts
Okami is a great game. One of the best on the wii. The Celestial Brush does have some annoyances, when I draw a command sometimes it doesn't work, and its frustrating.
thebisonx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 thebisonx
Member since 2003 • 2203 Posts

At this point, I've put about nine hours into Okami and I can say with confidence that while the Celestial Brush controls do have a bit of a learning curve, they begin to come naturally and actually feel quite good.

Don't let these reviews change your mind about the game - please pick it up!

Videodogg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#23 Videodogg
Member since 2002 • 12611 Posts
I have played both versions, and i have no problems with the Wii controls at all. And, another note, much has been said about the graphics...the lack of paper filter. I dont feel like i am missing anything...instead i got a cleaner picture, 480p and widescreen support. Its a excellent game.