Fun facts about Wii users.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

The Nintendo Channel is a beautiful thing. Why? It's all in the numbers. After some searching, I found some interesting facts about Wii users... at least the ones being tracked.

1. Super Smash Bros. Brawl is the most played game on the system.

Brawl beat out Wii Sports and Zelda: Twilight Princess even though Brawl has been out only since March and Wii Sports and Zelda: TP were launch titles. Brawl also gets about 2.5 hours of play time each session compared to about 1 hour for Wii Sports and about 2 hours for Super Mario Galaxy.

2. Metroid Prime 3 is more hardcore than Fire Emblem.

Metroid Prime 3 beats out Fire Emblem in the hardcore department 91%/78%. And while Metroid Prime exceeded Fire Emblem in total time played by a 2.5/1 margin, Fire Emblem gets more play per person by nearly 2/1.

3. The battle of the Wii games.

Wii Sports - 26,555,510 hrs total, 22,616,279 times total, 33.29 hrs avg., 28.35 times avg.
Wii Play - 4,294,602 hrs total, 4,643,833 times total, 9.04 hrs avg., 9.78 times avg.
Wii Fit - 811,353 hrs total, 529,086 times total, 10.54 hrs avg., 6.87 times avg.

So people did buy Wii Play for the Wii-mote. Wii Sports leads all games in total times played. Wii Fit was just released, but I expect it to exceed Wii Play's numbers eventually.

4. Super Mario Galaxy is casual.

65% of Wii owners think Galaxy is casual... more casual than Super Mario 64 (41%) and less casaul than Super Mario Bros. (31%) and Super Mario Bros. 3 (34%).

5. Games suited for gamers are typically hardcore.

It's no surprise that games like Boom Blox, WarioWare and Carnival Games are recommended for casuals and non-gamers... and Fire Emblem, Okami and Battalion Wars 2 are recommended for hardcore gamers.

6. Wii owners use the Internet Channel often.

It is the most popular channel and beats every channel in every category. Wii owners spent nearly 19 million hours browsing the Internet Channel. Each session lasts one hour on average.

7. Boom Blox gets more play time on average than Carnival Games and Cooking Mama.

Boom Blox might have flopped in sales, but Boom Blox owners are pleased so far. The average Boom Blox owner spent 9 hours total played the game compared to less than 8 hours for Carnival Games and about 6.5 hours for Cooking Mama. And Boom Blox has been out for only about 1 month.

8. Guitar Hero III is popular.

No surprise here. The average person spent 54 hours playing GHIII, which is slightly behind Brawl.

Finally, I have a handy-dandy chart for everyone with some hard numbers. Yes, I was bored today and when I get bored, I make spreadsheets. :P

img511/8847/nchannelresultsbz8.png

And sorry for the eye strain in advance. This is only a partial list, of course... and some games like Zack & Wiki and No More Heroes aren't tracked for some strange reason.

zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
Those are some cool facts.
Dark_Link142

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#3 Dark_Link142
Member since 2004 • 6726 Posts

Fun facts are epic. Nice thread.

"

It is the most popular channel and beats every channel in every category. Wii owners spent nearly 19 million hours browsing the Internet Channel. Each session lasts one hour on average. "

I find that pretty interesting. I rarely use the Internet channel. I had no idea it was the most used one with others, though.

ECG_24

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 ECG_24
Member since 2008 • 1653 Posts
Datagasm. :shock::x:cry::o:P
TDLlama

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 TDLlama
Member since 2006 • 2779 Posts

"

It is the most popular channel and beats every channel in every category. Wii owners spent nearly 19 million hours browsing the Internet Channel. Each session lasts one hour on average. "

I find that pretty interesting. I rarely use the Internet channel. I had no idea it was the most used one with others, though.

Dark_Link142

I'm a bit surprised myself, but the other channels are designed to be used for maybe 15-20 minutes tops. You can surf the net for hours on your Wii if you so choose.

I find it even stranger that every channel is considered casual... although some think the Wii Shop and Nintendo channels are hardcore.

Minishdriveby

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#6 Minishdriveby
Member since 2006 • 10519 Posts
I think your spread sheet is pretty :)
cjm23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 cjm23
Member since 2007 • 910 Posts
I can stay on the internet channel for hours on wiicade.com playing games like curveball and 3d missile. They're my favorite. Check 'em out!
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#8 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
I don't care about how many hours per day other people are playing other games. I play games I enjoy based on what they have to offer me and my personal tastes. My play time is not based on fun facts of other people.
zeriva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 zeriva
Member since 2007 • 4531 Posts
I don't care about how many hours per day other people are playing other games. I play games I enjoy based on what they have to offer me and my personal tastes. My play time is not based on fun facts of other people.chefstubbies
Then if you don't care about any of these things why did you come to this thread then?
webbut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 webbut
Member since 2005 • 2946 Posts
ummmmmm trivial information *drools* thanks!
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#11 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="chefstubbies"]I don't care about how many hours per day other people are playing other games. I play games I enjoy based on what they have to offer me and my personal tastes. My play time is not based on fun facts of other people.zeriva
Then if you don't care about any of these things why did you come to this thread then?

That's a unintelligent question. I come to this thread like all others because it's an open forum.

I simply gave my input as to how I view the information gathering of the Nintendo Channel, and how it effects my game-playing compared to how it effects other people's game-playing.

In fact, your post added nothing relevant to the topic at hand...so why did you come to this thread if only to criticize me?

ZumaJones07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#12 ZumaJones07
Member since 2005 • 16457 Posts
I love trivia!! This could be one of those ongoing topic topics :D
firefox59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 firefox59
Member since 2005 • 4530 Posts
Dude....that is pretty fricken awesome. I'll examine it closely later ;)
phart2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 phart2
Member since 2004 • 25 Posts

Datagasm. :shock::x:cry::o:PECG_24

LMAO :lol:

chickenscratch

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#15 chickenscratch
Member since 2003 • 342 Posts

"

Dark_Link142

When I'm on my lappy, (which is often) my roommate uses the Wii. That's my excuse. Otherwise I'd never use it.

Durhamster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#16 Durhamster
Member since 2007 • 859 Posts
Those numbers dont surprise me all that much. It makes since that mario galaxy would be deemed casual since IMO its a much easier game then mario 64 was. Metroid Prime 3 is by far the best shooter on the wii. I can see how it has gotten so many hours. One thing that did surprise me was the internet channel useage. I thought i was the only 1 who used it lol in fact im useing it right now to type this post :P It takes a lot more time to type a post but my PC is in the cold basement and my Wii is in the living room with my HD tv :D