Fun 3DS XL games?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by chiiill (25 posts) -
first of all, i've NEVER owned any 3ds devices before. i know they exist but i never really got into them. my only portable experience came from a psp. however, i randomly bumped into a 3ds xl review and thought i need to get my hands on one!!! so my question to all 3ds lovers out there, what fun games can you recommend? this will be my first time to buy and play on a 3ds and i'd appreciate it if you guys can help me amazify my experience. wifi multiplayer games are encouraged. tia.
Avatar image for Smashbrossive50
#2 Posted by Smashbrossive50 (3915 posts) -
A 3DS XL...... I would give in an Animal Crossing for that large picture,interested in some srpg,I would say Fire Emblem.
#3 Posted by Justinps2hero (2270 posts) -
Luigi's mansion is visually great. Shadow wars is a great RPG. 3d land does what it says on the tin.
#4 Posted by Nuck81 (6789 posts) -
Out of the 20 or so 3DS games I own my top five in no order are: Mario 3D Land Luigis Mansion Mario Kart 7 Kid Icarus Star Fox 64 Honorable Mention: Resident Evil Revelations New Super Mario Bros 2 Pushmo Rayman Origins
#5 Posted by Meinhard1 (6790 posts) -
Nuch81's list is pretty close to definitive, aside from that it's missing Fire Emblem: Awakening (my personal favorite, and the most highly reviewed game on the 3DS) ... and while Kid Icarus is great, it's not for everyone. Also, do yourself a favor and download Gunman Clive from the 3DS shop channel. It's very inexpensive, the 3D visuals look nice, and it's just a great game.
#6 Posted by chiiill (25 posts) -
thanks for the suggestions, guys. must buy list: luigi's mansion - online multiplayer mario kart 7 - online multiplayer animal crossing - online multiplayer mario 3d land - no online multiplayer star fox 64 - no online multiplayer new super mario bros 2 - no online multiplayer as much as possible, i'd like to avoid rpg games. they bore me. anything else? pls state if the game has online multiplayer or not. thanks.
#7 Posted by Sora278 (1496 posts) -

Also Etrian Odyssey 4, Shin Megami Tensei 4, Legend of Zelda, Kingdom Hearts, Soul Hackers, Tales of the Abyss, and Theatrythm.

#8 Posted by Nuck81 (6789 posts) -
[QUOTE="Meinhard1"]Nuch81's list is pretty close to definitive, aside from that it's missing Fire Emblem: Awakening (my personal favorite, and the most highly reviewed game on the 3DS) ... and while Kid Icarus is great, it's not for everyone. Also, do yourself a favor and download Gunman Clive from the 3DS shop channel. It's very inexpensive, the 3D visuals look nice, and it's just a great game.

Yeah forgot about Fire Emblem. It's probably a great game, just not my genre
#9 Posted by Ricardomz (2715 posts) -

Pokemon, Mario and Kirby.

#10 Posted by RatedSTARZ (400 posts) -

I just finished Fire Emblem, and I gotta say you definitely can't go wrong with that one. If you're into tactical RPGs, it's a great game :). Also, you got pokemon coming out pretty soon of course :D

#11 Posted by RoniHot (219 posts) -
I think Epic Mickey is really fun.
#12 Posted by Blabadon (33030 posts) -
For what it's worth 1) VLR 2) Fire Emblem 3) Shin Megami Tensei IV 4) Code of Princess Nothing else screams "crazy fun" to me.
#13 Posted by voljin1987 (988 posts) -
serious lack of professor layton.. you guys dont like gentlemen or something?
#14 Posted by RoniHot (219 posts) -
I somehow forgot about Prof Layton.
#15 Posted by WeskerTeam (1769 posts) -

Resi Evil Revelations is a must-buy if you ask me.

#16 Posted by Nuck81 (6789 posts) -

Resi Evil Revelations is a must-buy if you ask me.

WeskerTeam
It was pretty good. The lack of variety in the enemies was a drag, but it was the best RE I've played since 4
#17 Posted by JustBoomer (188 posts) -

MarioKart 7, it's awesome racing on line with others. ;)

#18 Posted by mariokart64fan (20547 posts) -

i think lego city driver renegade ,  mario 3d land nsmb2aM luigis mansion 2 , starfox oot ,  paper mario mario luigi dream team  ,  fire eblem ,  rayman 2 rayman  origins 

nascar unleashed -if you like racers  nfs the run ,  f1 2011 asphalt ridge racer  pilot wings resort nintendogs are some  good gAMES oh and mariokart 7 , with a username like mine how could i miss that