FPS choices on wii....

This topic is locked from further discussion.

_MUS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 _MUS_
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts
Ok, I've been wanting a FPS since the day i got my wii but I'm only just ready to buy one now. i was looking at getting: Far Cry, Red Steel, The Godfather, COD3 or Vangaurd.... so basically any FPS on the wii.... i need your recomendations! 
tomarlyn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#2 tomarlyn
Member since 2005 • 20148 Posts
Don't touch Farcry and The Godfather is more like GTA (not an FPS, but with some cool shooting at times). Go with COD3, but if you don't like short games then pick up Red Steel (not quite as good but still fun).
cricket_foreva

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 cricket_foreva
Member since 2006 • 306 Posts

Id go for the godfather. I think its the best game out on the wii right now. Ive played it for roughley 23 hours and ive passed about 45% of the game, so its bound to last you a while for your dollar.

This and zelda would easly make up the games to OWN right now.

mkfalcon2007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 mkfalcon2007
Member since 2006 • 931 Posts
redsteel is pretty damn good. great graphics - some nice lighting effects.  new and easy to use controls,  great accuracy, 4 huge multiplayer maps.  only 4, but they are real big.  to be honest, this is the game that made me buy a wii.  it wasn't zelda, i bought wii for redsteel.  i really don't know why ppl bash it soo much....my guess is that they rn't used to the new fps controls, they suck at them, can't learn them b/c of their lower iq..and there bash since its their way of dealing with their loss.  i wish it was online..that way i could smoke some of these 'cock-a-roaches'.
Avatar image for Ninja_0f_Enigma
Ninja_0f_Enigma

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#5 Ninja_0f_Enigma
Member since 2005 • 213 Posts

redsteel is pretty damn good. great graphics - some nice lighting effects. new and easy to use controls, great accuracy, 4 huge multiplayer maps. only 4, but they are real big. to be honest, this is the game that made me buy a wii. it wasn't zelda, i bought wii for redsteel. i really don't know why ppl bash it soo much....my guess is that they rn't used to the new fps controls, they suck at them, can't learn them b/c of their lower iq..and there bash since its their way of dealing with their loss. i wish it was online..that way i could smoke some of these 'cock-a-roaches'.mkfalcon2007

Well considering I beat the game perfectly fine with no control problems, and I have an IQ of 130, I think it's safe to say that Red Steel sucked because of the noticable glitches and the horrible, horrible sword actions.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend any FPS for the Wii as they are rather clunky and lacking when it comes to controls. Of course, The Godfather isn't really a FPS, so it doesn't really count, but if you like GTA styled games then it is the game for you. I had fun playing it, though I only played for about 30 minutes. COD3 was okay at best, it is better played on the 360 as the multiplayer is excellent, and it is missing on the Wii version. Overall though, its about what you want to play, so honestly I would rent these games, try them, and if you like them pick them up used at EB or your local gaming shop, they are bound to be about 25-30 dollars used now. 

Morgario

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 Morgario
Member since 2005 • 2534 Posts

[QUOTE="mkfalcon2007"]redsteel is pretty damn good. great graphics - some nice lighting effects. new and easy to use controls, great accuracy, 4 huge multiplayer maps. only 4, but they are real big. to be honest, this is the game that made me buy a wii. it wasn't zelda, i bought wii for redsteel. i really don't know why ppl bash it soo much....my guess is that they rn't used to the new fps controls, they suck at them, can't learn them b/c of their lower iq..and there bash since its their way of dealing with their loss. i wish it was online..that way i could smoke some of these 'cock-a-roaches'.Ninja_0f_Enigma

Well considering I beat the game perfectly fine with no control problems, and I have an IQ of 130, I think it's safe to say that Red Steel sucked because of the noticable glitches and the horrible, horrible sword actions.

Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend any FPS for the Wii asthey are rather clunky and lacking when it comes to controls. Of course, The Godfather isn't really a FPS, so it doesn't really count, but if you like GTA styled games then it is the game for you. I had fun playing it, though I only played for about 30 minutes. COD3 was okay at best, it is better played on the 360 as the multiplayer is excellent, and it is missing on the Wii version. Overall though, its about what you want to play, so honestly I would rent these games, try them, and if you like them pick them up used at EB or your local gaming shop, they are bound to be about 25-30 dollars used now. 

If you found the controls clunky then you obviously had control problems, I personally find the Wiimote& Nunchuk set up in Red Steel faster and more accurate than a mouse and keyboard. It's a slightly better than average game overall IMO, but the controls a great.

p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#7 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
Wait for the Metroid Prime 3 that will be coming out soon:D
bigmick07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 24

#8 bigmick07
Member since 2005 • 441 Posts

If you want an FPS either COD 3 of Vanguard, because both are proven franchises that will probably offer the best experience. Is The Godfather even an FPS?

Wii Code- 3010 3859 7720 0476

azsoonerfan1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 azsoonerfan1
Member since 2007 • 246 Posts
RED STEEL
_MUS_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 _MUS_
Member since 2005 • 25 Posts

Wait for the Metroid Prime 3 that will be coming out soon:Dp_angelofdeath

oh ill be getting that on release date dont you worry about that.... i want some thing in the mean time though

WiiMan21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#11 WiiMan21
Member since 2007 • 8191 Posts
ok i would RENT COD3, not buy because its soo easy to beat, i would wait untill COD4: Modern Combat comes out becuase that has online and a bunch of other great bonuses, i would recombend buying red steel and mabe god father but i dont thing god father in a First Person.
p_angelofdeath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#12 p_angelofdeath
Member since 2006 • 121 Posts
Call of Duty 3 is great but it's still short (I mean u can end this game in 10 hours):(
Naseru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 Naseru
Member since 2005 • 392 Posts
IMO, there aren't any FPS's out that are really worth their purchase price. But hey, different stokes for different folks.
pierst179

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 258

#14 pierst179
Member since 2006 • 10805 Posts
If I were you I would wait for Metroid Prime, is coming out in two months.
zero030

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 zero030
Member since 2007 • 814 Posts
wait for metroid prime 3 and I wish geist 2.
CRAZIE_GUY

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#16 CRAZIE_GUY
Member since 2005 • 737 Posts

[QUOTE="p_angelofdeath"]Wait for the Metroid Prime 3 that will be coming out soon:D_MUS_

oh ill be getting that on release date dont you worry about that.... i want some thing in the mean time though

then buy a pc game. wii wont be owning the fps market for a while, so make due with other genres or look to another system. 

da_monsta12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 da_monsta12
Member since 2006 • 666 Posts

[QUOTE="p_angelofdeath"]Wait for the Metroid Prime 3 that will be coming out soon:D_MUS_

Yeah, You should wait for MP# and get it at release. But in the meantime, I've played all of those games except Godfather (supposed to be good and I believe it but not FPS) And I decided only to buy Vanguard. Vanguard is the best one though Red Steel is okay and Farcry just stay away from. COD3 is fine too, but MOH: Vanguard is best because first, it's a Medal Of Honour game, second, the controls are pretty good after you get used to them, third, it's about the same length of COD3 I think but has more replay value and finally, it has multiplayer that's prett good. And for they guy whose name I don't know who recommended Vanguard, You're awesome! Your one of the only people I've seen on Gamespot other than me that recommended it!

BunkaOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 BunkaOne
Member since 2007 • 533 Posts
I also enjoyed RED STEEL but it was not perfect. I'm hoping for a RED STEEL 2. I think Vanguard was to short, finished it real quick (weekend). Farcry is not perfect either but I still playing it so it's not that bad, but definitly try and get on sale or used. BRING ON MORE FPS :)
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#19 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts
call me biast, but the only Wii FPS i'm looking forward to is metroid prime 3.
2good2betrue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#20 2good2betrue
Member since 2006 • 7791 Posts
red steel has awesome gunplay imo, i never had any serious problems with the controller, i dont know what all the reveiwers talk about when they say the controls are non-responsive, but the sword fighting is 100% suck, its not fun at all, and the game at times drags on a little bit at times
gotdangit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 gotdangit
Member since 2005 • 8151 Posts

wait for metroid prime 3 and I wish geist 2.zero030

OMG I wish for Geist 2, Metal Arms 2, and Timesplitters 4. They would be the best games ever.

And if you wanna wait 15 days, RE4 Wii edition comes out, June 19. I'm buying it along and I have the GC version. 

bofe1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#22 bofe1234
Member since 2005 • 3046 Posts

[QUOTE="mkfalcon2007"]redsteel is pretty damn good. great graphics - some nice lighting effects. new and easy to use controls, great accuracy, 4 huge multiplayer maps. only 4, but they are real big. to be honest, this is the game that made me buy a wii. it wasn't zelda, i bought wii for redsteel. i really don't know why ppl bash it soo much....my guess is that they rn't used to the new fps controls, they suck at them, can't learn them b/c of their lower iq..and there bash since its their way of dealing with their loss. i wish it was online..that way i could smoke some of these 'cock-a-roaches'.Ninja_0f_Enigma

Nonetheless, I wouldn't recommend any FPS for the Wii as they are rather clunky and lacking when it comes to controls. Of course, The Godfather isn't really a FPS, so it doesn't really count, but if you like GTA styled games then it is the game for you. I had fun playing it, though I only played for about 30 minutes. COD3 was okay at best, it is better played on the 360 as the multiplayer is excellent, and it is missing on the Wii version. Overall though, its about what you want to play, so honestly I would rent these games, try them, and if you like them pick them up used at EB or your local gaming shop, they are bound to be about 25-30 dollars used now. 

ZOMG. Teh Uber Sm@r7 P3r50n. All hail mr. 130 IQ.:roll: