This topic is locked from further discussion.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By mariokart97
Member since 2009 • 913 Posts

I figure since no one is really developing games for the Wii anymore it's time to look back at First person shooters for Wii.

Honestly, I feel like the Wii has so few shooters it compares to the SNES more when it comes to FPS games moreso than Gamecube or the N64 for that matter which had many good FPS'.

So I ask you guys if you would point out any FPS games that are unique and worth playing. The only game I know is a great FPS visually and gameplay wise is Metroid Prime 3 or Metroid Prime Trilogy. I would love to know of any NON metroid FPS games were playing for the Wii.

osan0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By osan0
Member since 2004 • 17810 Posts

red steel 2 was brilliant. its what red steel 1 should have been. it does a great job of mixing FPS and sword fighting into the one game.

Sgt_Crow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Sgt_Crow
Member since 2004 • 6099 Posts

Does House of the Dead count?
I had more fun with that game than I ever thought I would have. Heck, I played it not too long ago with some friends for the first time in years and everyone loved it for it's humour and basic but fun gameplay.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#4 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9716 Posts

Red Steel 2, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex/Black Ops, Goldeneye, House of the Dead: Overkill, and The Conduit 1&2 are all worth checking out.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 mariokart97

@Sgt_Crow said:

Does House of the Dead count?

I had more fun with that game than I ever thought I would have. Heck, I played it not too long ago with some friends for the first time in years and everyone loved it for it's humour and basic but fun gameplay.

Is that a rail-shooter? Because I prefer ones that aren't on rails (Dead Space extraction nightmares:( ).

Unless you can convince me there is this unique arcade-style to Rail-shooters that non-rail shooters cannot replicate, then I would say no it doesn't count :/ but I'm open to the idea!

But yeah I'm gonna check out the conduit, I already have Metroid Prime trilogy so that's 3 good games but none of them are even as new as the 3rd game anyway.

I'm open to COD games since I have it on Wii U and it's great (BO 2) or Medal of honor or even that 007 game if anyone has good things to say about it

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#6 KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

the conduit 1 and 2

goldeneye

call of duty

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 mariokart97

@KBFloYd said:

the conduit 1 and 2

goldeneye

call of duty

Could you give me a bit of info on each?

I know about the Conduit, no need for explaining.

I am curious to see how that Goldeneye game came out since I was a huge fan of the Rareware one on N64.

And I'm assuming you are referring to COD as a whole? Because there were many COD games on Wii

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 KBFloYd

@mariokart97 said:

@KBFloYd said:

the conduit 1 and 2

goldeneye

call of duty

I am curious to see how that Goldeneye game came out since I was a huge fan of the Rareware one on N64.

And I'm assuming you are referring to COD as a whole? Because there were many COD games on Wii

yea goldeneye is supposed to be remake. it is exclusive to the wii. some like it better than call of duty. try it out.

yea with call of duty i meant in general. i suggest you try a treyarch game and an infinity ward game before giving up on cod.....they are very different games.

the infinity ward games are cod reflex and mw3....treyarch is world at war and black ops1.

the online servers for world at war were removed. but cod reflex,mw3,black ops1, and goldeneye are still online.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 mariokart97

@KBFloYd said:

@mariokart97 said:

@KBFloYd said:

the conduit 1 and 2

goldeneye

call of duty

yea goldeneye is supposed to be remake. it is exclusive to the wii. some like it better than call of duty. try it out.

yea with call of duty i meant in general. i suggest you try a treyarch game and an infinity ward game before giving up on cod.....they are very different games.

the infinity ward games are cod reflex and mw3....treyarch is world at war and black ops1.

the online servers for world at war were removed. but cod reflex,mw3,black ops1, and goldeneye are still online.

Wow thanks! Yeah I'll give the Goldeneye game a try.

And yeah I like COD loved the infinity ward MW games and the Black Ops treyarch games. I actually wanna experience World at War since it's one of the last WW2 shooters I believe.

But if I'm not mistaken wasn't Nintendo Wi-Fi connection shut down? Or do those games run on completely different services?

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 KBFloYd

@mariokart97 said:

@KBFloYd said:

And yeah I like COD loved the infinity ward MW games and the Black Ops treyarch games. I actually wanna experience World at War since it's one of the last WW2 shooters I believe.

But if I'm not mistaken wasn't Nintendo Wi-Fi connection shut down? Or do those games run on completely different services?

yes a lot of games were shut down but those are still active....maybe activision was using different servers.

mariokart97

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 mariokart97

@KBFloYd said:

@mariokart97 said:

@KBFloYd said:

yes a lot of games were shut down but those are still active....maybe activision was using different servers.

Holy crap that's friggin awesome thanks for the recommendations!