For god sake produce something good for a change?!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lordmasterrof

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 17

User Lists: 0

#1 lordmasterrof
Member since 2005 • 314 Posts

What the hell has happened the past months for the DS?! Nothing, nothing! No games that are interresting! Oh yeah, i know such titles as Prince of Persia and Star Wars: Clone Wars just been released, and probably some others during the past couple of months, but nothing makes me shout: "WAUW I GOTTA OWN THIS!" i mean, basically my favourite game for the DS is the first one! Super Mario 64 DS, it had good graphics, great gameplay, nice sound, and overall a good game! Same with Mario Kart, Wario Ware was innovating and addicting, and Nintendogs was cute, Pokemon was yet a new challenge, and a bit of fun (old pokémon fan, don't really like the new games too much, but i give em a shot you know) and New Super Mario Bro. which is just fantastic!

But for real?! Why is there nothing?! Someone heeeelp mee :P I mean with Super Mario 64 it went to show that the DS was capable of having all the one game, but say: Why is there so few 3D games, okay okay Prince of Persia, New Super Mario Bro. and Assasin Creed (didn't play it)is in kinda of 3D but not really!

I mean Nintendogs and Super Mario 64 Ds, and Mario Kart DS gave us great graphics, good sound, and fun gameplay (okay okay, Nintendogs abit boring, and my dog never died although i tried starving it - yeh i'm sorry all you tree huggers out there! No offense...)

What is going on with the developers! Only Nintendo itself seem to deliever the goods!

So far only: New Super Mario Bro, Super Mario DS, Zelda: Phantom Hourglass, Nintendogs, Mario Kart DS, Wario Ware, Asphalt Urban (believe or not) and Pokemon Pearl/Diamond, been making me play for days together, all the other games, i play for a couple of hours and they bore me, i might give another chance, but all that happeneds is i vomit or boreness and return em to the store going: "That's right, this one is broke too, yeh i don't know, probably mass failure in production, i don't know - STORE CREDIT! BYE!"

It kinda worries me - what will happened in the next generation of handhelds?! We get PS3/Xbox 360 graphics, but are left standing with games like: Chess, Tetris and Bomberman because creators lack of ideas?!

!!! WTF !!!

Regards Oliver - thanks for responding!

venter68011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 venter68011
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

ds had a good potential

though i like the psp for hadware reasons. but the ds had 2 screens one is a touch screen. BUT COME ON DEVELOPERS, THIS SYSTEM IS SO INNOVATING,

johnmatthais

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3 johnmatthais
Member since 2007 • 109 Posts
import. foreal if you're not happy with the FF, DQ, Chrono Trigger or Moon or the upcoming Elebits, Suikoden and Pokemon Platinum releases, import. you'll be able to get Phantasy Star 0, Tales of Hearts, Jump: Ultimate Stars, Ragnarok Online DS, RIZ-ZOAWD, and Custom Battler Bomberman to name a few
Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#4 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
There are some good DS games but not much lately 2 good 1s are Skate It and Call of Duty World at War
Ultima_5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 Ultima_5
Member since 2008 • 1614 Posts

I kinda stopped taking this thread seriously when he said mario 64 ds was good. I mean it was alright for alaunchgame, but the controls were terrible. >__>

In the last few weeks chrono trigger, castlevania, and metal slug have all come out. And if you've already played them, go get some old games. I got dragon quest 4 pretty cheap.

ocdchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#6 ocdchild
Member since 2004 • 144 Posts

Um, I disagree. Chrono Trigger just came out, and it's awesome. And the game doesn't have to be new.

There are several older games that are available, and very fun to play.

Just give it time, I guess.
Not every single game for every singe system is going to be amazing.

Dark5tar1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#7 Dark5tar1
Member since 2006 • 1127 Posts
ya Castlevania and Metal Slug as well is good but ive only played the Dawn of Sorrow game
TheDromader

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8 TheDromader
Member since 2008 • 981 Posts

Gta:CW is comming soon, ya know... and pokemon platinum.... but yeah, besides those, nothing realy interesting on the horizont..... we just have to wait and see.

canary7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 canary7
Member since 2004 • 6277 Posts
"Professor Layton And The Curious Village" is quite innovating. Also, "Final Fantasy IV" is good, just a little difficult (for me anyways). I'm thinking about getting "Chrono Trigger", which got a 92% on gamerankings.com from 23 reviews.
Englando_IV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 Englando_IV
Member since 2008 • 4334 Posts
There have been some excellent games released recently... Castlevania and Chrono Trigger for starters.
bluej33

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 107

#11 bluej33
Member since 2007 • 687 Posts
If you're looking for a good recent release, I'd throw out Chrono Trigger and (shoot me) Rune Factory 2. The former is a no-brainer; the latter is one of the best Harvest Moon games I've played in a while.
awesompossum

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 awesompossum
Member since 2008 • 370 Posts

Well obviously you aren't a very good game hunter or your just picky. If you think that only Nintendo has been producing great games for the DS than you're wrong. Here's a list of my favorite games that aren't Nintendo:

Skate It: great game very challenging, 3D graphics just how you like, and outstanding gameplay

Age Of Empires: Though I haven't played the new one the original is great. Build your own empire etc. don't need to explain how good this game is

Final Fantasy revenant wings: Gorgeous graphics and great replayability

There three great games now save up your money and go buy them.

soulless4now

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#13 soulless4now
Member since 2003 • 41388 Posts
There's plenty of great ds games out there. It seems like you only play first party Nintendo titles which is why you seem to be missing out on a whole bunch of good games out there.
ItsEvolution

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 ItsEvolution
Member since 2008 • 2593 Posts
There are several good DS games to be had. However, it's a sad truth that both the DS and Wii have game libraries with the highest crap to good game ratio since the days of the NES. You just have to weed out the bad games to find the good.
X-Remnant

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 X-Remnant
Member since 2008 • 781 Posts

There are enough good DS games to keep anyone happy in my opinion.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 14

#17 nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 41584 Posts
Hmm, produce something good for DS? Let's see: *rummages through DS collection* All my games are treating me fine. *rummages Gamespot for upcoming games* I see some plenty good looking DS games coming pretty soon.
jjtiebuckle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#18 jjtiebuckle
Member since 2008 • 1856 Posts
You mention the same first-party titles over and over so I think you're very close-minded when it comes to hunting down games. You complain about Tetris and Bomberman, so I'm guessing you haven't tried them for DS. Also Super Mario 64 is a remake, not an original game. Next time you want to complain to your fellow dual-screeners I'd suggest letting us know what games you've played and how long you played them (a few hours in action games or RPG's will offer you little enjoyment).
pjacobson21

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#19 pjacobson21
Member since 2007 • 1093 Posts

I'm sorry but Super Mario 64 DS was nothing more then an over-hyped tech demo. So you're right it did show what the DS was capable of because that is what a tech demo is for.

And I'm sorry, but people put way too much value in graphics these days, especially with handhelds. I mean for both PSP and DS, you are staring at screen smaller than your hand (well, my hand at least) so why do you care so much at about having stunning 3D graphics? If that's really all you want buy a PS3.

The DS has tons of great, unique, innovative and overall just fun to play games. If you are a gamer who cannot look past 2D visuals or the odd sketchy image then I am really sorry for you because you are missing out on a lot of great games.

Shiafiku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Shiafiku
Member since 2008 • 493 Posts
Chrono trigger DS, The World Ends With You,Castlevania games... i could list out a LOT of good games from the DS and soon GTA:Chinatown Wars,KH 358/2 Days are coming out!!
ASK_Story

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 ASK_Story
Member since 2006 • 11455 Posts

Castlevania Order of Ecclesia, Sonic Chronicles, Rune Factory 2, Metal Slug 7, Disgaea DS, and Chrono Trigger says "hi."

If you don't like these than your taste must be different.