This topic is locked from further discussion.

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 forgotten10x
Member since 2016 • 114 Posts

Nintendo needs to be like Donald Trump said. We need to make Nintendo great again. Nintendo has lost its prestige. Over the last two generations counting this one. The Wii hurt Nintendo more then it helped it. It made them lose their hardcore fans. Now Nintendo is counted as a kiddy system. I honestly believe the NXT is the most important system they have made yet. They could lose it all, or win it big. Herman Cain once said life can be challenge. Life can seem impossible. Life is never easy when there is so much on line. Nintendo's back is against the wall. When I think of Sony i think of media. Sony pictures, and tvs and stuff. When I think I Microsoft I think of computers. When I think of gaming I think of Nintendo. I hope they pull a win out of their hats, and don't suffer the same fate as the late great Sega. Nintendo made my childhood.

dotWithShoes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 dotWithShoes
Member since 2006 • 5591 Posts

I'm going to only address one part of your post, as I feel my response will be able to satisfy as a few answers. "Nintendo made my childhood", this I agree with as it did mine. With that being said, I do have some thoughts; Nintendo is making the same games now as they always have, the same games you played as a child, they are making now. The games are not carbon copies of what came before, with a fresh coat of paint(like maybe Activision likes doing), but they are at their base the same games. The games from the NES era are in essence, the same games from the Wii era, but the Wii era games are better. SMG is better than SMB, by a long shot for example.

Okay, so I lied I am going to address a few things. "Now Nintendo is counted as a kiddy system" <-- that right there, is a inane statement. It is a statement that many fanboys use to down Nintendo, and it's really idiotic to use it; simply because it's not true. Most people throw this out there because a majority of Nintendo published games are rated E games, and people equate that to childrens games. I'm too tired to think out the rest of my point, so I'll come back to this later today when I'm awake better.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#3  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

Nintendo is still making childhoods great. I think its the other companies that are ruining childhoods. Do you remember when we were young, you remember all the great kids games we played? Now what do we play? Kids have Minecraft and some stuff yes, but weve always had Tetris and other fun stuff for the youth.

I think Nintendo needs to push hard to the kids and parents. TV shows, clothing, toys etc. They need to treat every Nintendo company like Pokemon is treated. Create a company thats sole purpose is to market Nintendo merchandise.

And for Gods sake, let us buy some dang shirts from Nintendo Store or someplace official. Nintendo UK refuses to ship me shirts and i got no other choices but to buy Official shirts from fans off ebay.

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 forgotten10x

@iandizion713 said:

Nintendo is still making childhoods great. I think its the other companies that are ruining childhoods. Do you remember when we were young, you remember all the great kids games we played? Now what do we play? Kids have Minecraft and some stuff yes, but weve always had Tetris and other fun stuff for the youth.

I think Nintendo needs to push hard to the kids and parents. TV shows, clothing, toys etc. They need to treat every Nintendo company like Pokemon is treated. Create a company thats sole purpose is to market Nintendo merchandise.

And for Gods sake, let us buy some dang shirts from Nintendo Store or someplace official. Nintendo UK refuses to ship me shirts and i got no other choices but to buy Official shirts from fans off ebay.

I agree with that. I never thought of that. I agree with that a 100 percent. I wish they still had that magic.

Solaryellow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#5  Edited By Solaryellow
Member since 2013 • 6068 Posts

Kids do not want Nintendo. Using television as an example, we grew up watching The Cosby Show, Growing Pains, Who's The Boss, etc.., Kids today are interested more in the adult things than kids tings. They'd be watching Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcons Crest, etc..,

The youth of the gaming community have every opportunity to choose Nintendo but apparently the plumber and dinosaur are not reaching them as well as the offerings available on MS and Sony platforms.

iandizion713

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

#6  Edited By iandizion713
Member since 2005 • 16025 Posts

@Solaryellow: Its all about that Minecraft, Pokemon, and GTA for kids nowadays. No place for Mario in this cruel world no more. Its time for him to hop on that big green dino and ride toward the sunset, adios amigos, was fun while it lasted.

mrfokken

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By mrfokken
Member since 2009 • 642 Posts

Nintendo still makes great games, but that is not enough.

Seriously, just open-mindedly play Mario Kart, Smash Bros, Splatoon, Yoshi's Wooly World, Super Mario 3-D World, and others, and you'll find that they are well designed, fun, and rich in content and game play. Unfortunately, kids, particularly teenage boys, want to play M rated games just like they want to watch R rated movies. It makes them feel more grown-up. Worse yet, there is a very vocal number of them that promote the idea that Nintendo is for little kids. That, however, does not lessen the quality of Nintendo games. They are still fun, still very high quality.

Nintendo compounds their kiddie image issue by trying to retain a family friendly stance that negatively restricts the options for a more open western audience. Specifically, Nintendo has restricted online options, particularly options involving communication, that, in the end, hinders game play. This happens not only in Nintendo's own software, but also in their hardware as they have no standard for 3rd parties to utilize. Case in point: the Wii U gamepad has both a microphone and speakers and could have easily been utilized as a standard for online communication, but Nintendo never created the libraries or support for such a function. They are too afraid of users abusing such functions and endangering minors. Nintendo's stance is admirable, but there is no doubt that it has an effect on game play.

Nintendo has two options to fix this:

1. Trust parents to monitor their children

or

2. Split their focus and create two systems. One for the standard family friendly audience, and a different system that can play games in a contemporary way.

In either case, Nintendo needs a system that has the chops to play games designers want to create, and allows game companies to port their games to the system in an inexpensive way.

WHAT WE WILL GET INSTEAD:

A powerful handheld system that can stream to a TV and connect to a wireless controller. It will both use cartridges and store downloaded games on USB hard drives allowing syncing to the device. Online gaming will still be limited, but there will be a large library of downloadable games at, or around, launch.

-ParaNormaN-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#8 -ParaNormaN-
Member since 2013 • 1573 Posts

Why everyone wants Nintendo to be Sony 2 and Microsoft 2 is beyond me. I like Sony how it is. I love Nintendo for what they do. The reason I don't have or support the Xb1 is because I already own the older sister. Nintendo is different enough where you can't call it a "twin system" like everyone does with the PS3/4 and 360/One. All Nintendo really needs is to make it easier for companies to port games into their system. I really haven't had a problem with any of the gimmick systems Nintendo has put out. The Wii, Wii U, 3/DS are great gimmicks IMO. The Wii was great because the Wii controller was used more than one way. You could hold it sideways like an NES controller, use the nunchucks, the sensor bar, it was really good. On top of that you had the Pro Controller. The Wii U gamepad is awesome for a lot of reasons. Inventory screens, map screens, video options, etc. all being showed on the Gamepad instead of the television is awesome. The hell are people complaining about? Nintendo has released gimmicks that work for games, acting like they don't is bogus. The DS systems are self explanatory at this point.

Nintendo doesn't need power, they prove that time and time again by releasing their own games. Most of their games are fantastic..

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#9  Edited By JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18563 Posts

@forgotten10x said:

The Wii hurt Nintendo more then it helped it. It made them lose their hardcore fans. Now Nintendo is counted as a kiddy system.

Now? Is this a real thing? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't see people throwing that word around too much these days. The WiiU is THE hardcore Nintendo fan console. I'm pretty sure the only people Nintendo has lost are the ones who aren't hardcore enough to buy a console JUST for Nintendo games.

Nintendo consoles have been disparaged as "kiddy" since the SNES. Every single one. The Wii didn't start that.

Collie_Lover

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#10 Collie_Lover
Member since 2008 • 962 Posts

I agree with iandizion713, dotWithShoes, -ParanormN-, and JordanElek.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 14

#11  Edited By nintendoboy16
Member since 2007 • 38094 Posts

@JordanElek said:
@forgotten10x said:

The Wii hurt Nintendo more then it helped it. It made them lose their hardcore fans. Now Nintendo is counted as a kiddy system.

Now? Is this a real thing? Maybe I'm out of the loop, but I don't see people throwing that word around too much these days. The WiiU is THE hardcore Nintendo fan console. I'm pretty sure the only people Nintendo has lost are the ones who aren't hardcore enough to buy a console JUST for Nintendo games.

Nintendo consoles have been disparaged as "kiddy" since the SNES. Every single one. The Wii didn't start that.

Go on System Wars and repeat that last sentence to anybody that belittles post SNES consoles as kiddy. I DARE you! You will need the biggest flameshield imaginable.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#12  Edited By YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9471 Posts

@nintendoboy16 said:

Go on System Wars and repeat that last sentence to anybody that belittles post SNES consoles as kiddy. I DARE you! You will need the biggest flameshield imaginable.

He's not wrong. That's where the image problem started.

forgotten10x

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 forgotten10x

The SNES was kiddy? Hahah it did censor some blood out of some games. The NES lockout chip hurt 3rd party developers it was not kiddy at all. The SNES was the most hardcore Nintendo console of all time.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By nintendoboy16

@YearoftheSnake5 said:
@nintendoboy16 said:

He's not wrong. That's where the image problem started.

Oh no! I agree. It's just that everytime I say that at System Wars, damn near everyone, some of them mods get on my ass and do this:

Loading Video...

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

Nintendo just needs more mature games and not all the same stuff.

Avatar image for YearoftheSnake5
YearoftheSnake5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

#16 YearoftheSnake5
Member since 2005 • 9471 Posts

@nintendoboy16: Ah, alright. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at.

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 nintendoboy16

@glitch- said:

Nintendo just needs more mature games and not all the same stuff.

Which won't change a thing really. Not as long as their three main IP's still exist.

@YearoftheSnake5 said:

@nintendoboy16: Ah, alright. Sorry, I misunderstood what you were getting at.

No worries.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#18 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@nintendoboy16: What about all the mature third party and second party games Nintendo got since the NES? Like we could say something like Killer Instinct-Bayonetta 2.

Nintendo4evar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#19 Nintendo4evar
Member since 2016 • 197 Posts

@-paranorman-: Yeah I really agree with most of your comments about the gimmicks of Nintendo, they are by no means bad. But if they could optional for every game nobody would complaint anymore.

jcrame10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#20 jcrame10
Member since 2014 • 6302 Posts

Nintendo needs to add variety and innovate their software. They need new games to attract new audiences. Remaking the same 2d platformers over and over again is just giving a coat of paint to the same games. They need something new/fresh/relevant, like a link to the past or super Metroid on SNES, or ocarina of time and goldeneye on 64. They haven't really had a killer app outside their comfort zone in forever.

JordanElek

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#21 JordanElek
Member since 2002 • 18563 Posts

@forgotten10x said:

The SNES was kiddy? Hahah it did censor some blood out of some games. The NES lockout chip hurt 3rd party developers it was not kiddy at all. The SNES was the most hardcore Nintendo console of all time.

Oh, we're talking about different things. When I said the WiiU is THE hardcore Nintendo fan's console, I meant that only the people who REALLY love Nintendo (the hardcore fanbase, the ones who are dedicated, serious about Nintendo) are going to enjoy it, and they're probably going to LOVE it because of all the amazing Nintendo games it has.

But you were saying that the Wii was too kiddy, and grown-up adults (hardcore gamers, the ones who like grown-up games for adults and not little kid games) were driven away by that? Sure, maybe. But you should know that hardcore gamers (by your definition) have called Nintendo "kiddy" for twenty years now. Maybe a new generation of kids who care about that kind of thing saw it first in the Wii, I don't know, but it's nothing new.

RemyLabue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22 RemyLabue
Member since 2013 • 80 Posts

New Blood. That is what Nintendo Needs! I've been saying it for years.

A few years ago when they announce the new Zelda during the Nintendo Direct during E3 it was eye-opening. Not one person that seems to work for Nintendo is under the age of 60, and nobody that works at Nintendo is aware of what the rest of the industry is doing.

Spending 10 Minutes proudly showing off the waypoint system in the Zelda was a joke. Of course this is Nintendo's first time making a game that uses one, but waypoints have been in games for 15 years now, not a new concept. But that right there is the problem.

Recently Miyamoto was interviewed and was asked what recent games he played that he enjoyed the most, and of course his answered were Mario Maker and Splatoon because god forbid somebody at that company plays a game made by someone else and sees just how far game design has come over the past 20 years.

Nintendo... Either hire some new blood, or take a few seconds to look outside of your office windows and notice what everybody else is doing.

Part of being a good developer is paying attention to the industry as a whole. Not just your little bubble. And that doesn't just go for software, hardware as well. Look at Sony and M$, notice that 3rd party devs don't have to jump through half of the ridiculous hoops Nintendo forces on their platform, and realize why you can't get anyone to make games for your systems.... This isn't rocket science guys....

nintendoboy16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 nintendoboy16

@nintendo4evar said:

@nintendoboy16: What about all the mature third party and second party games Nintendo got since the NES? Like we could say something like Killer Instinct-Bayonetta 2.

5 days late, but again, did **** all.