Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn--have YOU bought it yet?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#1 Posted by dragonlife29 (14543 posts) -

If not, WTF are you waiting for? :P

I was so disappointed by the sales I saw for this game in a magazine--comparing it to stuff like Cooking Mama and how horribly it did copared to it--that it made me kind of sad.

If there's the usual, "Well, I was gonna buy it, but I don't know..." people out there, you should definitely buy it, dammit. It's a great game that desrves more recognition from others besides those of us who love the genre it falls in.

The game is challenging, but once you get eased into it and progress, it's much more easy and you'll love it! Admittedly, even I had some (Though, I'm anything from a "pro" at this genre) problems in the beginning and the end, but once you go at it a second playthrough (Trust me, it has a certain "You know you want to play me again!" feeling), you'll be so excited to see how much better you are.

So, come on, guys...buy the game >_> I'll be damned if we get no more Fire Emblem games localized--DAMNED. Also, don't use the 6.0 score it got from here as a decision-maker. I understand some of the guy's problems, but wanting Mii support for a game like this...? Anyway, use the review to learn a bit more about it and read contrasting reviews--ones where it got good and great scores from other sites.

(Can anyone from the UK tell me if it's out over there?)

#2 Posted by Mau-Justice (4907 posts) -

Not a huge fan of the Tactics style RPG's. I could probably be persuaded to pick it up.

It's honestly a good game? Story and all?

#3 Posted by vnc20100 (1685 posts) -
Yeah, it's a great game, sadly I don't have enough money to buy it yet. I rented it a couple of days though
#4 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -
Exactly. It's one of the top five Wii games out now. Doe does buying crap like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics instead of this great game is a dispicable shame. :(
#5 Posted by FFCYAN (4969 posts) -
Since Okami is out and Mario Kart coming soon, I dont think Fire Emblem would be bought by anyone. I played the Gamecube version and will pick that up when I can, I just didnt like the fact that not a whole lot from the GC title changed. No IR support, same graphics(GC game wasnt good looking even for GC), and no voiceovers(not a big deal if there wasnt so much story) makes this somrthing I could pass.
#6 Posted by Udsen (3389 posts) -
I loved PoR but RD was just a huge disappointment.
#7 Posted by trumpettruck (332 posts) -

Exactly. It's one of the top five Wii games out now. Doe does buying crap like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics instead of this great game is a dispicable shame. :(Bigboi500

according to...?

everything i've read up on it have had mediocre at best reviews...

just sayin'...

if i can be convinced otherwise... i might pick this one up

and yes... i do agree that mario + sonic + olympic games is total crap haha

#8 Posted by CheeChee_Macko (2236 posts) -
I never will buy this game either. I am not into games with sissy main characters.
#9 Posted by Dark_Link142 (6726 posts) -

I have been really considering getting this game. But I plan on getting Okami first. Then this later on.

I never will buy this game either. I am not into games with sissy main characters.CheeChee_Macko

How old are you?

Besides, I don't really think there is a main character anyway. Isn't it mostly a bunch of people with their own stories and backgrounds?

#10 Posted by kingqaz (1419 posts) -
I never will buy this game either. I am not into games with sissy main characters.CheeChee_Macko
Ike's a sissy? News to me... Anyways I agree this game is fantastic, I am curious though, what were those sales you saw?
#11 Posted by 2good2betrue (7791 posts) -
I'm going to rent it
#12 Posted by kingqaz (1419 posts) -

I'm going to rent it2good2betrue
The game is very long, about 50 hours to beat it in normal, if you do rent it I think you would have to not sleep and play obsessively to finish it.

#13 Posted by Games-Sage (376 posts) -
i've rented it. me and my bro both beat it (i did normal mode he did easy) and we beat it in 1 and a half weeks
#14 Posted by yeahyeahbigN (1345 posts) -
i bought it when it came out and i was happy with my perchase. it's an awesome game. it's basically a GC game, but it was worth the time and money.
#15 Posted by KungfuKitten (26799 posts) -
There You go. It's basically a GC game, and it's tough with a capital t. Apart from that it's the usual Fire Emblem formula but a bit deeper than i was used to. (Fine with me.) If You think You can dig that, go fetch it.
To answer Your question it's on the pile of games right now but i'm too occupied with Mario Kart.
#16 Posted by akai_reaver (7754 posts) -
I bought it on Release. :] Love it.
#17 Posted by Quofan (1606 posts) -

If not, WTF are you waiting for? :P

I was so disappointed by the sales I saw for this game in a magazine--comparing it to stuff like Cooking Mama and how horribly it did copared to it--that it made me kind of sad.

If there's the usual, "Well, I was gonna buy it, but I don't know..." people out there, you should definitely buy it, dammit. It's a great game that desrves more recognition from others besides those of us who love the genre it falls in.

The game is challenging, but once you get eased into it and progress, it's much more easy and you'll love it! Admittedly, even I had some (Though, I'm anything from a "pro" at this genre) problems in the beginning and the end, but once you go at it a second playthrough (Trust me, it has a certain "You know you want to play me again!" feeling), you'll be so excited to see how much better you are.

So, come on, guys...buy the game >_> I'll be damned if we get no more Fire Emblem games localized--DAMNED. Also, don't use the 6.0 score it got from here as a decision-maker. I understand some of the guy's problems, but wanting Mii support for a game like this...? Anyway, use the review to learn a bit more about it and read contrasting reviews--ones where it got good and great scores from other sites.

(Can anyone from the UK tell me if it's out over there?)

dragonlife29

Yes, its out in the UK, and hell yes, im gonna buy it. Strategfy RPG's like Ogre Battle and FE are my favourite genre, and I love the FE series. However, given the fact im broke and its still £30 at the least over here means I cant buy it yet.

#18 Posted by Bigboi500 (35550 posts) -

[QUOTE="Bigboi500"]Exactly. It's one of the top five Wii games out now. Doe does buying crap like Mario and Sonic at the Olympics instead of this great game is a dispicable shame. :(trumpettruck

according to...?

everything i've read up on it have had mediocre at best reviews...

just sayin'...

if i can be convinced otherwise... i might pick this one up

and yes... i do agree that mario + sonic + olympic games is total crap haha

Well it's not the best game ever and the graphics are not great but the gameplay is awesome if you like rpg's. It's not your average turnbased battle but on a grid like Advance Wars games. If your characters die on the battlefield, they're gone for good.

What ever you do, don't listen to the gamespot review it's terrible and should be re-done. I played sixty plus hours on the first playthrough and I'm playing it again, it's that good imo.

#19 Posted by Nobarai (211 posts) -

I miiiiiight buy it.... But I'm saving up my monies first for Mario Kart Wii.

I am ashamed to own M&SATOG, so I'll probably trade that and Battalion Wars 2 for Fire Emblem and whatever crap I feel like owning that day.

#20 Posted by PeterPerson (3627 posts) -

ew no

#21 Posted by CharlieStinks (198 posts) -
i have the cube and gba versions, i'll probly pick it up when the price drops.
#22 Posted by presto7640 (817 posts) -
Eh, i own it. It's an alright game. I mean the tactical gameplay is fantastic, but everything else from the graphics to the cliched story and characters is just mediocre.
#23 Posted by LOLhahaDEAD (4431 posts) -

I bought it!

I haven't played it yet, though because I still haven't beaten Path of Radiance.

#24 Posted by chang_1910 (16051 posts) -

nope...

is a turn-based (which I do not like) strategie (which I do not like) game :P

#25 Posted by ahahaG (393 posts) -
i've played many of the other fire emblems so i guess i gotta ask myself wtf i havent tried this yet for. I'll probably buy it sometime when the price drops, because b4 i'll try this i'm going to be playing the hell outta MK Wii haha
#26 Posted by Erebyssial (2903 posts) -

It's underrated imo and needs more love.

Unfortunately it deserves the award for GameSpot's worst review ever.

#27 Posted by rexCo (943 posts) -

It's underrated imo and needs more love.

Unfortunately it deserves the award for GameSpot's worst review ever.

Erebyssial

DEFINITELY. I honestly think the guy played the Dawn Brigade part and stopped playing, because he wasn't accurate at all.

And though I enjoyed the plot/character development in PoR much more, I still loved this game and loved the plot (even if some of it seems redundant). The customizable RPG elements are great too, I would say better overall from PoR, which was a great game.
#28 Posted by Toki1776 (264 posts) -

Absolutely an underrated game...it really made me sad to see GS's review...it didn't affect my opinon of the game, but i have a feeling too many people will miss out on this one because of it...

I've had it since it came out, and it's one of my favorite wii games...

#29 Posted by cloudff7tm (3975 posts) -
Yes. I got it for Christmas and it is OWNAGE.
#30 Posted by f8101 (642 posts) -
i got the game i just cant beat the final boss
#31 Posted by Cyber- (4026 posts) -
its sold 500, 000 without EU. Its sold pretty good considering the game did nothing new over the GC version.
#32 Posted by Quilex (112 posts) -

I don't think anyone should buy a game just to help boost ales for any game, but if you like SRPG this is a must have for wii. Pound per hour play it's the best value game in my collection and I can stop playing. The review is not from a fan of this kind of game. Yes there are some tough fights and if a character dies there gone for good, but that's what I like it really requires strategy and planing to make it through.

For those worried about graphics and lack or IR it's not really that important in this typ of game it's all about game play and this has a truck load.

As you will have guessed I can't rate this game highly, enough I love it.

#33 Posted by freek666 (22312 posts) -
I've been waiting 5 months for it to come out in Australia, and it finally did 8 days ago. And of course I dont have the cash -_- But it is one of my top priorites along with Mario Kart Wii. Those two will tide me over till Brawl is released sometime in June (I assume/hope)
#34 Posted by red192837465 (164 posts) -

I am intersted in it but to be honest there are lots of other games I want a lot more.(Wii Okami, Super Mario Galaxy.DS Phantom Hourglass.360 Halo 3, Rock Band Burnout Paridise.) So it is not high on my list at all.

#35 Posted by raahsnavj (4895 posts) -
I bought the GC FE first. I started to play it but found it slow. I know it is suppose to be slow, but even turning off the animations and everything else it just plays a lot slower than the GBA versions of FE. I was disappointed by this for the most part. I got a little ways into it, but it just didn't keep my interest long (maybe because I was just coming off of playing both for the GBA and I'm having TBS overload). I will probably get it some day, after I finish the GC one... come 2009 or so. Sure I won't be showing the devs I liked the game by buying it so late, but it is a nintendo game we are talking about here. It's not like they aren't going to make another one, and another one, and another one.
#36 Posted by shadowlink797 (2113 posts) -
I love Radiant Dawn it is one of my favourite Fire Emblem games. I've played it over 30 times. I found it more entertaining then Super Mario Galaxy.
#37 Posted by Moon_of_Majora (6065 posts) -

Yes. I'm even on my third playthrough. It's my favorite FE, although PoR's supports and character development was better.

#38 Posted by dragonlife29 (14543 posts) -

Yes. I'm even on my third playthrough. It's my favorite FE, although PoR's supports and character development was better.

Moon_of_Majora
Totally agree with you on all accounts.
#39 Posted by joestierman (1320 posts) -
It's really good. I like the CG sequence at the beginning. After that it's tough strategy RPG that the series is known for. I only beat the first couple levels though. Had to play some a couple times, because I will not allow myself to let any member die, and I level them all up equally. Good games like this don't deserve a 6 rating.