final fantay 7 remake on DS "possible"!!!

This topic is locked from further discussion.

ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 ultimateblue
Member since 2006 • 135 Posts

its a little old, but has anyone seen this?

By Jorge Ba-oh (jb)
04.05.2007 11:54 With the seventh chapter in the Final Fantasy series regarded as one of the most successful entries, a remake/port could be a possibility according to Final Fantasy III DS producer Hiromichi Tanaka.

In a recent interview with CVG, Tanaka was asked if FFVII would be available on the DS as a port/remake at some point, after the success of FFIII.

Tanaka: The main thing is the timing. If we have time it is possible to do a remake of an original game but because we are at the time where the machines are changing with Wii, 360 and PS3 coming out, the development team tends to work on these games so that's the way things are going at the moment.

This is the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy III.

On a side note, Square-Enix are looking into releasing the original Final Fantasy titles on the Wii Virtual Console, but "aren't sure yet".

Be sure to stick around for updates...

ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 ultimateblue
sorry about title. final fantasy 7 remake on DS "possible"!!!
Yo-gan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 Yo-gan
Member since 2006 • 1878 Posts
It probably wont happen but it would be amazing if it did!
roboccs

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roboccs
Member since 2006 • 7851 Posts
I'd rather see one for the Wii.
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#5 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
well, its a chance, maybe after the FF IV remake? hope that if they make they remake all the graphics like in FF III and FF IV for DS. also hope for some touch screen action (just using it to select the commands in the battle is enough)...
JediBmoney

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#6 JediBmoney
Member since 2005 • 2369 Posts
if i had a doller for everytime this was mentioned i'd have enough money to port FF7 to DS.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#7 avataraang1
Member since 2006 • 5436 Posts
if i had a doller for everytime this was mentioned i'd have enough money to port FF7 to DS.JediBmoney
Its for the PS3 so everyone just cool out
vatterott

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#8 vatterott
Member since 2006 • 1842 Posts

its a little old, but has anyone seen this?

By Jorge Ba-oh (jb)
04.05.2007 11:54 With the seventh chapter in the Final Fantasy series regarded as one of the most successful entries, a remake/port could be a possibility according to Final Fantasy III DS producer Hiromichi Tanaka.

In a recent interview with CVG, Tanaka was asked if FFVII would be available on the DS as a port/remake at some point, after the success of FFIII.

Tanaka: The main thing is the timing. If we have time it is possible to do a remake of an original game but because we are at the time where the machines are changing with Wii, 360 and PS3 coming out, the development team tends to work on these games so that's the way things are going at the moment.

This is the 20th anniversary of Final Fantasy III.

On a side note, Square-Enix are looking into releasing the original Final Fantasy titles on the Wii Virtual Console, but "aren't sure yet".

Be sure to stick around for updates...

ultimateblue

Emphasize 'Possible'. I really would doubt it happening.

Hells_Hammer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Hells_Hammer
Member since 2007 • 972 Posts

FF7 is one of my favorite games (overall) but, in all honesty I would be really upset if they released it on DS. I just don't think it would be worthwhile. The graphics are the only part of the game that should be improved and I don't think DS is capable of handling it.

Unless they put it on PSP (which would mean I need to buy one:( ), remaking ff7 for any other current generation console would be a mistake, IMO.

ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 ultimateblue
the whole point being that there is no software limitations to do this. no extra cards and stuff (i hope). the three disks (640MB x 3) can be compressed enough to fit a ds game card is impressive! i know he didnt overtly say this, but he didnt state any complication w/ it either.
ultimateblue

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 ultimateblue

if i had a doller for everytime this was mentioned i'd have enough money to port FF7 to DS.JediBmoney

if i had a "doller" for every time a buzzkill makes a statement like this, id buy the company so you can work for me! then id fire you.

jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 jasonharris48
Member since 2006 • 21441 Posts
It would be cool to see it on a handheld( DS or PSP don't care I own both) but I think I reather see it on a next gen system.
Vegetaxxssj4

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#14 Vegetaxxssj4
Member since 2002 • 1545 Posts
Ther is always a "chance". With al the love SE has been showing the DS (Ex: Dragon Quest 9, FF3, FF4 DQM:Joker.........) I think it is possible. I could see them doing something on the DS for some sort of milestone event given FFVII's massive popularity.
gigaman299

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 gigaman299
Member since 2004 • 1735 Posts
I honestly don't see a huge chance of this happening... FF7 was 4 disks of 700 mb each. I don't see it happening quite yet >_
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 jasonharris48
I honestly don't see a huge chance of this happening... FF7 was 4 disks of 700 mb each. I don't see it happening quite yet >_gigaman299
FF7 was three disc of 650 or 700MB each
jasonharris48

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 jasonharris48
I honestly don't see a huge chance of this happening... FF7 was 4 disks of 700 mb each. I don't see it happening quite yet >_gigaman299
FF7 was three disc of 600 or 650MB each
chefstubbies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 chefstubbies
Member since 2007 • 2583 Posts

[QUOTE="JediBmoney"]if i had a doller for everytime this was mentioned i'd have enough money to port FF7 to DS.avataraang1

...*sigh*...nevermind.:roll:

juno_22

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19 juno_22
Member since 2004 • 1161 Posts

[QUOTE="JediBmoney"]if i had a doller for everytime this was mentioned i'd have enough money to port FF7 to DS.avataraang1

actually they officially said that arnt gonna make that tech demo into a real game. and i would love it on the DS but i think it would be better on the PSp bigger screen and tighter button contolrs ( on the slim) plus more save files and downloadble content. and i love the ds more then the psp im not a hater :P