Final Fantasy III and IV remakes. Yay, or nay?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

LordVanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 0

#1 LordVanan
Member since 2009 • 25 Posts

Ok, so I am a HUGE Final Fantasy Fan, and am in the process of obtaining all of the FF games I - XIII (but not XI because I don't think they work well with MMOs) I currently have almost all of the games for the PS/PS2 (FF VII-XII) and the remakes for PSP (I-II) and now must acquire games III-VI. Now I know that there have been remakes made for the DS of III and IV, and I am certainly the kind of person to go out and buy a DS just for Final Fantasy, but I want to know if it is really worth it. I really would much rather have the originals (or at least original style like the GBA remakes of IV-VI) but I would willingly get the DS remakes ONLY under one condition. That the story line and characters are more than not the SAME as the originals. That is the only thing I need is the story. The game play and graphics I don't mind being changed, but I do want the same original story.

So please, if you have played both the original and the DS remake, or at least know full well the comparison of the two, then please I must know if the storyline is accurate enough for someone like me.

Shadow_Aura_64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 Shadow_Aura_64
Member since 2008 • 118 Posts

The story in both remains pretty much the same in both of them. (Except III has more character development than the original.) Same characters, same plot twists, same awesomeness. You have nothing to worry about.

seankane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#3 seankane
Member since 2007 • 4076 Posts

Yay.

VauxhalI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#4 VauxhalI
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts

Actually, you do have something to worry about. Both of them have an amped up difficulity level and are tedious to boot. Have fun grinding.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish the remake of 3 for the DS. I rate it as one of the worst games I've ever played. I've never played the remake of IV, but I know someone who did and he said that it wasn't much better than the remake of 3.

cmpepper23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5 cmpepper23
Member since 2005 • 3281 Posts

Get a DS lite then you can play both DS and GBA games on it.

FFIV is definitely worth it. I played the SNES and DS version, and I thought the DS version was better. As for FFIII, I have never played it for DS or the original, so I can't say. FFIV is one of my favorite DS games. 5 and 6 both have GBA remakes, but from what I hear 6 is really hard to come by nowadays. Good luck searching.

CyberKlown28

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 CyberKlown28
Member since 2008 • 1198 Posts
Just get final fantasy IV. FF3 was just a plain, normal rpg, nothing special about it, meh characters, meh storyline, etc. FF4 was amazing though. The nice cut scenes, voice acting, better graphics, amazing characters and story.....
lge777

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8 lge777
Member since 2003 • 2507 Posts

I give them both a YAY

Khadaj32

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 Khadaj32
Member since 2009 • 3157 Posts

Actually, you do have something to worry about. Both of them have an amped up difficulity level and are tedious to boot. Have fun grinding.

I'm a huge Final Fantasy fan, but I couldn't even bring myself to finish the remake of 3 for the DS. I rate it as one of the worst games I've ever played. I've never played the remake of IV, but I know someone who did and he said that it wasn't much better than the remake of 3.

VauxhalI

Then that person gave you false information. The SNES original of IV was excellent, and the remake gave it tighter dialogue, modern graphics, and improved it in about every way. "Have fun grinding?" You have played a Final Fantasy before, right?

Kenny789

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 29

#10 Kenny789
Member since 2006 • 10434 Posts
FFIII = Yay-ish..... FFIV = EPIC YAY!
Gloryfinder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#11 Gloryfinder
Member since 2008 • 423 Posts

I'll be perfectly honest, I've held back on buying any version of FF 3 or 4 awaiting the day there's a "must have" remake of it. If they remake them at a 3DS level experience, then I may *finally* purchase them because they are supposed to be very good games (especially 4). If it's a quality remake, I'm sure other people won't mind purchasing it another time.

VauxhalI

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#12 VauxhalI
Member since 2007 • 909 Posts

[QUOTE="VauxhalI"]

Khadaj32

Then that person gave you false information. The SNES original of IV was excellent, and the remake gave it tighter dialogue, modern graphics, and improved it in about every way. "Have fun grinding?" You have played a Final Fantasy before, right?

Um, no. I'm just bullsh!ting on an internet forum to sound cool. :roll:

... of course I've played Final Fantasy. I've played every game in the series, for the most part, expect for 13. Have you ever played FFIII for the DS? It f&*king sucks, I'm sorry. It's the worst FF game I have ever played. It's absolute trash imo. The job system is pretty much broken and half the game is grinding. Literally, I played that game for about 25 hours... 20 of those hours were grinding. It's short, the story is throwaway, the characters are trash, and the job system is essentially "change everyone to Ninja to win."

I know you think you're the divine all-knowing being of Final Fantasy or whatever, but other people have played the SNES version of FFIV... including me.

And how can one person's opinion be "false information?" Your entire post was false information, in that case.

brokenfetus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#14 brokenfetus
Member since 2004 • 422 Posts

Why don't you just pick up Final Fantasy Anthology, and Final Fantasy Chronicles for PS1. You get IV, V, VI, and Chrono Trigger. That just leaves you to get III for the DS.

Wrecked69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 84

#15 Wrecked69
Member since 2008 • 869 Posts
Haven't played the remake of 3, but the remake of 4 was superb. It was challenging, but not too challenging, very little "grinding levels" if any. Visuals and graphics are top notch for a DS game, and the cutscenes were great, with full on voice acting that wasn't annoying at all. I would completely recommend it. In fact, I'd say its one of the best DS games atm.
LordVanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 LordVanan

O_O for cereal?!? I never heard of such a thing so I just now did some research on it. Goodness why haven't I known of this, thanks so much for informing. As for the other comments given, thanks a lot. Your input has definitely altered my opinion for the better. ^_^

LordVanan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 LordVanan

O_O for cereal?!? I never heard of such a thing so I just now did some research on it. Goodness why haven't I known of this, thanks so much for informing. As for the other comments given, thanks a lot. Your input has definitely altered my opinion for the better. ^_^

LordVanan

Oh, I was refering to the Final Fantasy Anthology.

Oblivion_540

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#18 Oblivion_540
Member since 2009 • 206 Posts

YAY! however beware of the rather stupendous difficulty level set on FF3, avoid smashing your DS against the wall :P

FF4 is good, good story , good gameplay, a much more sensible difficulty level than FF3 and good graphics.