Final Fantasy 4 DS is bullshit difficult.

whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By whiteagle18
Member since 2006 • 418 Posts

This is the hardest single difficulty game I have ever played. Harder than the Souls series by a wide margin. Those games gave you a chance, this one beheads you before you even know what is going on. You know something is wrong when the difficulty spikes are ridiculous, the boss ability usage rng is messed up, and most guides urge you to escape encounters because they are near impossible.

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#2 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

You could always grind

KBFloYd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#3  Edited By KBFloYd
Member since 2009 • 22714 Posts

yea you have to grind....

spend an hour in an area that is not too hard and just keep defeated those monsters until you level up to desired state.

Link456710

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 Link456710
Member since 2016 • 142 Posts

@whiteagle18 said:

This is the hardest single difficulty game I have ever played. Harder than the Souls series by a wide margin. Those games gave you a chance, this one beheads you before you even know what is going on. You know something is wrong when the difficulty spikes are ridiculous, the boss ability usage rng is messed up, and most guides urge you to escape encounters because they are near impossible.

lolz someone didn't grind before those fights

whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By whiteagle18

Spent 1 hour going through the second half of the final dungeon only to get my party wiped by just one hit...

Avatar image for deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
deactivated-5cc06aedd290c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By deactivated-5cc06aedd290c
Member since 2016 • 45 Posts

I agree completely. Back in the day as a kid I tried beat final fantasy 2 (snes) without sleeping, 19 hours at the moon. I went on to enjoy final fantasy 4 as a ps1 game and then beat final fantasy 4 advance on gba, but holy crap I can't beat the ff4 DS remake, its not fun at all! I've played through 4 heroes of light, final fantasy 3(the other matrix games) and then of course bravely default (with all the friggin repeats!) and bravely second which are strongly in the same vibe, but still the game just sucks no matter how much I want to kill it.. it's tedious as hell. Damn even my icon is Cecil.. the game taunts me.

whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By whiteagle18

@thehig1 said:

You could always grind

That will be the solution sadly. From what I've gathered, the final dungeon is a cakewalk if you party members are level 80+. Currently, my party members are leveled between 65-67. Fml, to get to 80+ it will take me about 2-4 hours of grinding :-(

thehig1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 5

#8 thehig1
Member since 2014 • 7537 Posts

@whiteagle18: I couldn't think of a better bank holiday Monday day than grinding on final fantasy IV lol

whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9 whiteagle18

This game is so fucking cheap, I’m not even kidding. My party is now 70-71 and leveling further is providing diminishing returns. The only party member who can survive Zeromus’ big bang is Cecil, and even then, it doesn’t take long for him to die to a combination of flare and/or meteor. Kain is wearing full dragon armor, Cecil has crystal armor, and all of the ultimate gear has been obtained from the optional bosses. I really don’t know what to do…

whiteagle18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By whiteagle18

Finally beat this piece of shit. GG, get back in your case and never be played again.

Glitch-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 Glitch-
Member since 2016 • 287 Posts

This is why you play the SNES or GBA versions (can't speak on the PSP versions but heard the PS1 version was hard).

DrRollinstein

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 DrRollinstein
Member since 2016 • 1163 Posts

All of the older FF games have annoying levels of grinding you have to do. Especially the remakes. I got to the end of FFIII on the ds and had to spend a full 10 hours grinding up before i could finish the game.

Avatar image for TheShadowLord07
TheShadowLord07

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By TheShadowLord07
Member since 2006 • 23083 Posts

@KBFloYd said:

yea you have to grind....

I find this to be a major turn off. I haven't finish FFIV or even DQIX because you have to grind to beat the final boss. It's just too damn tedious.