FFIV: how to quickly level up?

This topic is locked from further discussion.

bqefhpasdgpihw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1 bqefhpasdgpihw
Member since 2006 • 205 Posts
Is there a way I can quickly level up my characters? I love this game but really don't like having to go around and find monsters just to level up. I heard about some cheat code that requires action replay device. I've never used such device and don't know if it might screw up my DS concole or the the game software itself.
DJSAV_101

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#2 DJSAV_101
Member since 2008 • 3701 Posts

Is there a way I can quickly level up my characters? I love this game but really don't like having to go around and find monsters just to level up. I heard about some cheat code that requires action replay device. I've never used such device and don't know if it might screw up my DS concole or the the game software itself.bqefhpasdgpihw

Don't use AR. It will screw up your game and system.

As for leveling up the best places I've found were outside the Dwarf palace western side. There is a pot that completely heals you on your way out that you can keep using. The Bahamut cave is also really good if you are that far. Dark Sages are easy to kill and show up in groups of 3.

SoraX64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#3 SoraX64
Member since 2008 • 29221 Posts

I would recommend going to the furthest ahead dungeon place you can.

Make sure to have Teleport or one of those Emergency Exits, and go in as deep as you can, get the treasure, then Teleport out, heal, lather, rince, and repeat.

If you ever hit a point in the dungeon where the enemies are too tough, go back a little, train a bit, and then go back in.

Also, if you have the Level Lust Augment (can't remember where to get it, it's been awhile) give it to Cecil (if you only plan to do ONE run through the game and not a new game +. If you are doing a NG+, save the good Augments) because that would help him grow faster. To help him stay alive longer (so you can avoid death) give him the HP+50% Augment (Again, only if you aren't doing the NG+)

This is how I do it, if anyone else has a better way, I'd like to try it out...

tab132

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#4 tab132
Member since 2006 • 460 Posts
what i did 50% of the time was go to high level places, stick around the entrence, fight until party members died or teleport out if i was about to die, tent/save, repeat until desired. I've had a action replay brick my ps2 before as well as delete all my saves, with a ds i wouldnt be surpised either.
TotalX5

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5 TotalX5
Member since 2004 • 49 Posts
It depends where you are in the game. If you have tellah post-paladin transformation, he can use break to kill almost any enemy, making really hard fights easy. Hard fights = lots of exp. When you get the whale ship, you can pick up level-lust augment put it on cecil for 50% more exp. The best way to earn exp near the end of the game is using "Siren" items in specific locations summoning high level dragons, which are pretty rough but give tons of exp. My party was full level 99 and cecil had full onion gear.