FFCC: The Crystal Bearers gets NA release date.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

JohnnyDanger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

#1 JohnnyDanger87
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

News Article:

http://blastmagazine.com/the-magazine/gaming/gaming-news/2009/09/ffcc-the-crystal-bearers-bearing-a-dec-26-release-date/

Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Final-Fantasy-Crystal-Chronicles-Nintendo-Wii/dp/B002BSC4RQ/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1244668755&sr=8-1

Gamestop:

http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=75052

The release date is December 26th and on a Saturday?

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#2 BrunoBRS
Member since 2005 • 74156 Posts
sooo... close... to christmas... *waits patiently* wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?
TaMuK711

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 TaMuK711
Member since 2009 • 3367 Posts

The day after Christmas? Really? Are they trying to avoid sales or ???

JohnnyDanger87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 JohnnyDanger87
Member since 2009 • 315 Posts

wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?BrunoBRS

Maybe?....I don't really know TBH.

laus_basic

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 laus_basic
Member since 2002 • 8300 Posts

The day after Christmas? Really? Are they trying to avoid sales or ???

TaMuK711

or maybe they want to take advantage of all those gift cards. Would've been nice to have it in november like in Japan tho, but hey we're getting it this year so I'm not complaining.

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

doesnt sound like a very smart release date...i would think theyd aim for at least a week before christmas.

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts
Why not a week earlier?
Shy_Guy_Red

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 34

#8 Shy_Guy_Red
Member since 2006 • 17138 Posts

Right after Christmas? :| Seriously Square?

umcommon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#9 umcommon
Member since 2007 • 2503 Posts

sooo... close... to christmas... *waits patiently* wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?BrunoBRS

Here's the box art, pretty sweet if you ask me.

loco145

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 loco145
Member since 2006 • 12226 Posts
After X-mas? :o
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sooo... close... to christmas... *waits patiently* wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?umcommon

i've seen that one, and fell in love with it. but both gamestop and amazon show the "black with logo" one. *points at CERO* maybe this one is going to be ONLY the japanese boxart... i really hope we get this boxart too >_>

starwarsjunky

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12 starwarsjunky
Member since 2009 • 24765 Posts

[QUOTE="umcommon"]

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sooo... close... to christmas... *waits patiently* wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?BrunoBRS

i've seen that one, and fell in love with it. but both gamestop and amazon show the "black with logo" one. *points at CERO* maybe this one is going to be ONLY the japanese boxart... i really hope we get this boxart too >_>

its not great, but its decent. i couldnt care less about the boxart anyways. i play games, not boxes.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 BrunoBRS

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]

[QUOTE="umcommon"]

starwarsjunky

its not great, but its decent. i couldnt care less about the boxart anyways. i play games, not boxes.

two reasons why boxarts are important

1- it helps show that people actually cared about the game.

2- it's the first thing you see when you're looking at the shelves. would you pick a game with a boring boxart to see if it's good or not, if you had never heard of it? "dont judge a book by it's cover" sure, but the cover is what makes people pick the book most times. the boxart is your true first impression of a game.

besides, when a friend comes to my house and look at it, he'll ask "that's nice, what game is it?" rather than "what the heck is this" or even not asking *points at item 2*

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#14 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

I'm not going to take this too far as of now, seeing as how this is still pretty much unconfirmed, but if this is true:

Bad, BAD move on the part of Square-Enix. Even with the whole gift-card idea, I honestly don't see that many people jumping out to buy this game outside of those who are actually looking forward to buying it to begin with. If this was an installment in the main series, perhaps S-E could pull this off (but then again, it wouldn't, seeing as how it's the FF series), but I don't think the Crystal Chronicles series has the popularity and acclaim behind it to sell at any given time like this. As TaMuK711 said, it's like S-E is trying to make this game flop or something with a move like this...

ForgeUL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 ForgeUL
Member since 2006 • 92 Posts

[QUOTE="BrunoBRS"]sooo... close... to christmas... *waits patiently* wait... that's NOT the official boxart, right?umcommon

The Crystal Bearers looks like it was written in Street Fighter font.

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 Sepewrath
Member since 2005 • 30689 Posts
Until this is substantiated here, on IGN or 1up or something, I'm going to call BS. I doubt Square would have lasted and been as successful as they have been if the people in charge made dumb moves like this. No one would release the day after Christmas on a Saturday nonetheless, unless it was directly in line with marketing, which nothing about this game indicates anything having to do with holidays, religion or the new year. So I am going to call BS at the moment, especially since I don't even recall SE having such a quick turn around on the localization.
GabuEx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#17 GabuEx
Member since 2006 • 36552 Posts

That... is the dumbest release date I've ever heard of, if this is indeed true.

Madmangamer364

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#18 Madmangamer364
Member since 2006 • 3716 Posts

It's official, folks.

That means this game is almost definitely in trouble. *shakes head at Square-Enix*

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#19 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

Confusion by Waldo#4.

strange decision indeed.....

Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 Sepewrath
That is an incredibly dumb move, some website needs to ask Square what the helll they were thinking, Why would you wait untl after everyone has already spent thier money on Wii Fit and NSMB to release, do they want a commerical failure?
BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 BrunoBRS
i actually agree with gamespot on "why the hell they chose that release date". with all the presents that will be traded, and all the gift cards, there'll be lots of crystal bearers being taken home. no more heroes has dumb release dates. january end, really?
Synchro456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#22 Synchro456
Member since 2005 • 8359 Posts

Been waiting since 05 :D well at last it will finally come

wt a dumb release date but I guess Japanese people think we get gifts on New Years too :lol:

Avatar image for danger_ranger95
danger_ranger95

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#23 danger_ranger95
Member since 2006 • 5584 Posts

now that I think about it... i wonder when the stores will actually get it in?

Might be available a day or two before since the stores will be closed on Xmas day.

ActicEdge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24 ActicEdge
Member since 2008 • 24492 Posts

The release date is just as crazy as the game lol. But hey, English translation is done a month after Japan, damn good job SE.

BrunoBRS

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25 BrunoBRS

now that I think about it... i wonder when the stores will actually get it in?

Might be available a day or two before since the stores will be closed on Xmas day.

danger_ranger95
unless it has the ridiculously big and unnecessary orange tag saying "DO NOT SELL BEFORE 10/28/08" that came in my fallout 3 box :lol:
Sepewrath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26 Sepewrath
i actually agree with gamespot on "why the hell they chose that release date". with all the presents that will be traded, and all the gift cards, there'll be lots of crystal bearers being taken home. no more heroes has dumb release dates. january end, really?BrunoBRS
The end of January is a good release date because people are pulling themselves out of the holiday hole by then and all the major publishers have blown thier load already so your not burdened with heavy competition. Square is presenting this game like its a mere alternative, remember no ones working a long day on the 25th on the 26th this probably wont even be on the shelf. Retailers will still be trying to move the remains of those big holiday release. They should have just waited until 2010, this ones not going to get off to a strong commericial start. Yeah people will be trading stuff in and they will have gift cards, but thats because they didn't get thier NSMB or thier Assassins Creed, thier going to get those, not a game that wont even be for sale the day after christmas most likely. This was a bad move on thier part.
hashabnelah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27 hashabnelah
Member since 2009 • 347 Posts

While North American gamers will have to wait after Christmas, Japanese gamers received news that the Japanese version has been pushed up two weeks. The new date is November 12th.