This topic is locked from further discussion.

tycoonmike

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#1 tycoonmike
Member since 2005 • 6082 Posts
With Nintendo's release of the first six Final Fantasies for their line of handhelds (1,2,4,5,6 for GBA, 3 for DS) would it be possible to see Final Fantasy 7 on the DS? I know the game is pretty lengthy, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this. I missed out on FF7 when it came out for the PS1, so it'd be nice if they could do the same for FF7.
roywood1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2 roywood1
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
I'm not an expert at this, but im pretty sure that the games made for the handhelds were only the ones that were made on Nintendo consoles. Since FF7 was made on the PS I'm not really sure if it can happen. However, if it were something that could happen I dont think that the game would fit on one cartridge no matter how much you shrink it. Wouldn't it be cool though if they made multicartidge games that were connected by cartridge specific passwords? So kinda like games like RE4 where after you beat the first disk just replace it, except this time you get a password to type in that works on the second cartridge whereafter it saves on the cartridge if it works.
eggwaffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#3 eggwaffle
Member since 2007 • 597 Posts
u do kno that they cud just increase the price of the game and make the cartridge bigger (in memory).
roywood1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4 roywood1
Member since 2006 • 996 Posts
u do kno that they cud just increase the price of the game and make the cartridge bigger (in memory).eggwaffle

:lol: and now you know why im not an expert at stuff.
nevereathim

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5 nevereathim
Member since 2006 • 2161 Posts
With Nintendo's release of the first six Final Fantasies for their line of handhelds (1,2,4,5,6 for GBA, 3 for DS) would it be possible to see Final Fantasy 7 on the DS? I know the game is pretty lengthy, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this. I missed out on FF7 when it came out for the PS1, so it'd be nice if they could do the same for FF7.tycoonmike
No, they won't the graphics are on a different scale, they would have to completely redesign it, PSP can handle it but DS can't
oddballrulez

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

#6 oddballrulez
Member since 2004 • 1642 Posts
[QUOTE="tycoonmike"]With Nintendo's release of the first six Final Fantasies for their line of handhelds (1,2,4,5,6 for GBA, 3 for DS) would it be possible to see Final Fantasy 7 on the DS? I know the game is pretty lengthy, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this. I missed out on FF7 when it came out for the PS1, so it'd be nice if they could do the same for FF7.nevereathim
No, they won't the graphics are on a different scale, they would have to completely redesign it, PSP can handle it but DS can't

lol you do realise that DS is a fair bit more powerful than PSone??? making what you just said utter bulls**t
risi37

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7 risi37
Member since 2005 • 4542 Posts
No never going to happen if we see a remake then it would be for ps3
Lightfellower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

#8 Lightfellower
Member since 2005 • 10146 Posts
Nope, after the last(VI), I think SE should stop releasing remakes and concentrate on making new games instead. If they are to remake 7, I would hope that they would totally revamp it. I wish to be wowed, and PS3 would be the only console capable of doing that.
deadmeat59

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9 deadmeat59
Member since 2003 • 8981 Posts
i dont think nintendo will be getting ff7 cus it was for ps1
jupstar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10 jupstar
Member since 2006 • 161 Posts
Didn't SE say they are not going to remake FF7 for DS @ 2005 E3?
ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#11 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

id pay 50 dollars for a good DS remake. and so what if it was on the PS1, FFTactics was on the PS1 and its been remade for the GBA, and is being remade for the DS

ryustruck

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#12 ryustruck
Member since 2005 • 3016 Posts

With Nintendo's release of the first six Final Fantasies for their line of handhelds (1,2,4,5,6 for GBA, 3 for DS) would it be possible to see Final Fantasy 7 on the DS? I know the game is pretty lengthy, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this. I missed out on FF7 when it came out for the PS1, so it'd be nice if they could do the same for FF7.tycoonmike

btw to your sig

"ATTENTION ALL PLANETS OF THE SOLAR FEDERATION, WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL,
WE HAVE ASSUMED CONTROL"

Avatar image for psychojakrabbit
psychojakrabbit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13 psychojakrabbit
Member since 2006 • 2194 Posts
I would be awesome if it came out for it, but I they remade it, it would most likely go to the PSP.
rpggamer92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14 rpggamer92
Member since 2007 • 286 Posts
i'de love that
Welcomeback

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 Welcomeback
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

[QUOTE="nevereathim"][QUOTE="tycoonmike"]With Nintendo's release of the first six Final Fantasies for their line of handhelds (1,2,4,5,6 for GBA, 3 for DS) would it be possible to see Final Fantasy 7 on the DS? I know the game is pretty lengthy, but I was wondering if it was possible to do this. I missed out on FF7 when it came out for the PS1, so it'd be nice if they could do the same for FF7.oddballrulez

lol you do realise that DS is a fair bit more powerful than PSone??? making what you just said utter bulls**t

Sorry I had to JOIN Gamespot just to say this.

What he said is not utter bulls**t. When emulating a game the console its being emulated on must be AT LEAST 8x faster than the original console or else the game has to be completely remade for the new console ( in this case the ds). Final Fantasy 7 can never be emulated onto the DS

tifa_sweet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16 tifa_sweet
Member since 2008 • 25 Posts

it would be lovely to have ff7 on ds :D since i like any good ff no matter what console !

danny5329

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17 danny5329
Member since 2005 • 954 Posts

Ok so who else is gonna make a thread or two entitled " FF8 for DS? " , "FF9 for DS?" or even "FF10 for DS?"

-Oath

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18 -Oath
Member since 2008 • 8014 Posts

*facepalm*

This thread is a utter waste.FF7 DS is NEVER gonna happen.

wizdom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

#19 wizdom
Member since 2003 • 10111 Posts

Well FFV1-6 were NES/SNES games, FFVII was a PS game, I very well doubt if will see it remade for the DS.

RTS____EX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20 RTS____EX
Member since 2007 • 195 Posts
i wish we can play a port of FFVII on the DS, but its kinda hard, anyway i want a remake for PS3
LadyShanoa

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21 LadyShanoa
Member since 2008 • 678 Posts
FF VII on the Nintendo DS: Not likely. Talk about having to scale down a great game.
Avatar image for deactivated-5b78379493e12
deactivated-5b78379493e12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 12

#22 deactivated-5b78379493e12
Member since 2005 • 15625 Posts
Sony has the rights, so it won't happen. I doubt we'll see it anytime soon on any console. If I were to guess, there will be a version for PS3 and PSP eventually. I've tried to play through it but it got very boring (I know people will argue). It was the only PS1/PS2 FF game I didn't finish (FFXI doesn't count).